What's new

Hamid Mir want Trial of Pakistan Army in Bangladesh

I do not claim to know history better than you, but what I found is that East Pakistan remained loyal to Pakistan, a state they created together with other Pakistani's out of British India, till the night their own army, trained and fed using their tax Rupee, attacked and started killing their own people.

Agartala conspiracy was a true case, sponsored by RAW, but it was a small minor case, that involved no big political leaders of Awami League, certainly not Sheikh Mujib. Mujib was getting too powerful with his 6 point movement for autonomy and Ayub Khan wanted to frame him and thus politically destroy him falsely implicating him with the Agartala case, where he was not involved. Unfortunately it backfired, as Bhasani started his 11 point mass movement and successfully freed him. Instead, Mujib came out more popular than ever and won 1970 election. To avoid handing over power, Yahya and other Generals decided to teach Bengali's a "lesson". Please read this thread for the details, specially the last few pages, you will see how my position changes as I find new details from different credible sources:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...cy-confession-what-does-mean-our-history.html

As for why Mujib was killed, it is because he betrayed Bangladeshi's after taking over power in 1971, but that has nothing to do with Pakistan. I have started looking at this phase of his life here in these threads:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/197251-mujibs-rule-bangladesh-1972-1975-a.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...75-coup-counter-coup-their-after-effects.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/239823-mujib-bahini-vs-mukti-bahini-5.html

There is one missing piece in your jigsaw, before Op searchlight was launched, What Awami league and mukti bahini were doing with bihari's and Pak Faujis at that time ? Have you read blood and tears of qutab ud din aibak which document these facts and sufferings of people at the hand of mukti bahini?

There is one missing piece in your jigsaw, before Op searchlight was launched, What Awami league and mukti bahini were doing with bihari's and Pak Faujis at that time ? Have you read blood and tears of qutab ud din aibak which document these facts and sufferings of people at the hand of mukti bahini?

I have read parts of it posted by @Md Akmal, a Bangladeshi poster, not the whole book.

Yes, violence happened in riots in Kalurghat, Chittagong, where a few hundred Bihari's died in early part of March, and there were isolated incidents of abduction and killing of soldiers. I believe these killings in no way warranted and can be used as a justification for the planning and execution of Operation Searchlight. The biggest crisis faced by Yahya govt. was how to deal with the demand for handing over power to Mujib led Awami League who won the election in 1970. I believe this was a desperate attempt by Yahya govt. and some West Pakistan leaders to stifle and extinguish that demand.

And Mukti Bahini was formed after Zia declared Independence of Bangladesh on 26th March, 1971, the day after 25th March night, when Operation Searchlight was commenced.

I would urge the mods to move this thread to Bangladesh section or Central and South Asia section, where Bangladeshi's with more knowledge can comment on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read parts of it posted by @Md Akmal, a Bangladeshi poster, not the whole book.

Yes, violence happened in riots in Kalurghat, Chittagong, where a few hundred Bihari's died in early part of March, and there were isolated incidents of abduction and killing of soldiers. I believe these killings in no way warranted and can be used as a justification for the planning and execution of Operation Searchlight. The biggest crisis faced by Yahya govt. was how to deal with the demand for handing over power to Mujib led Awami League who won the election in 1970. I believe this was a desperate attempt by Yahya govt. and some West Pakistan leaders to stifle and extinguish that demand.

And Mukti Bahini was formed after Zia declared Independence of Bangladesh on 26th March, 1971, the day after 25th March night, when Operation Searchlight was commenced.

I would urge the mods to move this thread to Bangladesh section or Central and South Asia section, where Bangladeshi's with more knowledge can comment on this thread.

mukti was formed in january 1971 when india decided to destroy pakistan...awami league and RAW collaborate to create genocide against muslims to establish andian satellite state. pak army had only 12,000 bayonets at peak strength it could not possible have kileld anything like what the AL claimed...these murders were done by the AL and RAW agents to eliminate oposition to india and AL in east pakistan....some crimes were commited pak army but only 5-10% of casualties were caused by pak forces....

mukti was formed in january 1971 when india decided to destroy pakistan...awami league and RAW collaborate to create genocide against muslims to establish andian satellite state. pak army had only 12,000 bayonets at peak strength it could not possible have kileld anything like what the AL claimed...these murders were done by the AL and RAW agents to eliminate oposition to india and AL in east pakistan....some crimes were commited pak army but only 5-10% of casualties were caused by pak forces....

I wanted to believe such stories and blame India for breaking Pakistan, but the more facts I uncovered, the more it became clear that India had limited ability to operate inside East Pakistan before Operation Searchlight, as most East Pakistani's considered India their enemy nation, just as West Pakistani's considered India as their enemy. Pakistan was broken by those who planned and executed Operation Searchlight, as far as I can tell.

I wanted to believe such stories and blame India for breaking Pakistan, but the more facts I uncovered, the more it became clear that India had limited ability to operate inside East Pakistan before Operation Searchlight, as most East Pakistani's considered India their enemy nation, just as West Pakistani's considered India as their enemy. Pakistan was broken by those who planned and executed Operation Searchlight, as far as I can tell.

I know you won't like this but this is also a side of the story:

Sheikh Mujibur Rehman was a Scessonist | Opinion Maker

^^^ For all who support the crimes you committed, I have nothing to say. Just ask yourselves do you have any conscious??

And then there is the little issue of chopped up bodies of armymen... well, it so happens that no one likes to see their brothers-in-arms in more than one piece even in death... what does YOUR sorry a$$ conscience say about that???

War is tough and indeed ****** business...

Well, history will decide that. I'm surprised by your comment bro, you being an elite member.

elite or not he is still a Pakistani... and definitely not a traitor...

The country did not brokefor language. It was settled in 1952. PLease do read some history first.

my advice... "GET OVER IT"... stop scraping at the wounds...

Mujib and bhutto both were bastards... altough u supported mujib...

Musharaf said tht he regretted what happened.. no "official apology" was given nor has to be.

I dont give 2 hoots abt them.

Good call my friend... well said... ;)

Some sort of trial should take place with both the pak army and the mukti bani put in the dock.

Pak Army has more pressing appointments than to waste time on this lot of traitors...

Im sorry on behalf of my Pakistani brother.

Oye... you apologize for yourself... keep Pakistan and Pakistanis out of it... As far as I am concerned (yeah a Pakistani) Army was called into a sh!tty civil war, surrounded and abandoned, in all fairness they did good under the circumstances... it was civil war not a freakin tickling contest, bad stuff happened and MB was no less ruthless or vengeful...

No apologizes, no regrets... only lessons for a growing nation...

Hamoodur Rahman Commission

The Report's findings accuse the Pakistani Army of carrying out senseless and wanton arson, killings in the countryside... [/url]

Hamoodur Rahman can ki$$ my A$$... the season was ripe then to lynch armymen just like the country's lust for Musharraf's blood now...

Hamid Mir, Asma Jahangir n Saleema Hashmi Received Awards from Bangladeshi PM​

Lezbos in my opinion...

We need a UN sponsored investigation to find the exact history of what happened. Then people in both countries can discuss what do about it.

Keep having these w3t dream$... nothing will ever see the light of day...

We need a UN sponsored investigation to find the exact history of what happened. Then people in both countries can discuss what do about it.

Keep having these w3t dream$... nothing will ever see the light of day... better yet keep Haram Mir and that old hag, make em citizens and enjoy their daily brown nosing...

=What I have asked for is to have a neutral proper investigation of what actually happened. Is that too much to ask?

Goto www.defence.bd (if it exists) or wherever you guys gather for Mukti Bahini meetings nowadays and spill your guts...

come on, admit it. There is no chance pakistanis will cooperate. So all you are doing is saving your face by blaming India. Good luck with your pakistan-bangladesh bhai bhai thing... :)

Come on admit it you have an axe to grind and score to settle... go to bahartrakhsash or wherever you vultures and hyenas gather nowadays...

If they do not cooperate, then the blame will remain with them. Regardless of what happens, I am confident that Pakistan and Bangladesh will enjoy better relations in the future, much better than India-Bangladesh, mainly because of the failure of Indian foreign policy for all neighbor nations, also because Pakistan can longer do us any harm from 1200 miles away while India can and is hurting us as she is sitting across the border.

well history tells us that india cut off BD's umbilical cord too soon... must have been a shock for the infant BD to be left abandoned on the trash heap soon after birth (after all it was an unwanted ba$tard)... go suckle on those teats and leave Pakistan alone... we don't want anything to do with your lot...

"WE DON'T CARE"... Pakistan Army learnt a lot from that assignment and has become a LOT more sophisticated since then...

4 taky ka award kya mila maan bechna shuru ker dety hain .

Well said... :)

to hell with apologies and screw "remuneration"

yes exactly, move on....and those saying "apologize" should tell the bastards who bash Pakistan to apologize for the mass murder of pro-Pakistan elemenets -- whether they be Islamists or whether they be a Bihari whose only crime was being loyal to their state.

here's my apology

3qgjsx.jpg

I can list many Bangladeshi members that would be eagerly lining up to take a seat(and rotate I might add) on the "chair" you kindly offered them. :omghaha:

Part of the problem lies with the hyped up hoax figure of 3million death. We can't expect PAK to accept such an accusation that doesn't make any sense. The ones who came up with this myth i.e India and AL wanted to destroy the future chances of reconciliation between PAK and BD and they succeed. The only way this can be solved is by having a joint commission of PAK and BD to do a neutral fact based study on the victims of 71 which would help flush away the fabricated myths that has propped up since 71. It was a bloody civil war where atrocities were committed by both sides while the then PAK army has the overwhelming share of those atrocities and responsibilities. But politics in BD, PAK and not to mention the big fish India will never allow such a study to happen. But truth always prevails and ultimately surfaces so let us wait till that blessed day and move on. Rather look at my signature and let us try to do what we are meant to do.

In this instance I have higher respect for the Pakistanis who give you guys the middle finger at least they value the lives of their own....you choose to sweep the victims under the carpet... meh ... none of my concern I guess.. Carry On.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom