What's new

Hambantota Port: Joint venture between China and Sri Lanka begins operations

Sri Lanka is the hub location for the world trading routes, China won't invest billions in a strategically no value location. Every sighted person can clearly see how important this country's location is in the world trading routes.

SL, due to its strategic location, IS a hub, since 60,000 ships ply this route every year.

However SL is not the only one, India WAS and IS a Hub too. Historically India was THE hub.

Back in 2005, trade accounted for close to 80 percent of SL GDP; by 2015 this had fallen to a paltry 55 percent.

To put this is perspective, Vietnam’s trade-to-GDP ratio is now around 170 percent, Malaysia’s is 150 percent, and Thailand’s is 120 percent. Singapore used to be around 350 percent.

china had "other" interests in investing in SL ports and taking it over, Indian interests put an end to that.

Once Vizhinjam port is complete, Sri Lankan ports will be too dependent on the Chinese.

The port is proposed at Vizhinjam, around 20 km away from Thiruvananthapuram, capital of State of Kerala. Kerala being the southern most state in India beset by Arabian Sea. The proposed Vizhinjam port is just 10 nautical miles from the International Shipping Lane. The Vizhinjam port is endowed with a natural seawater depth of up to 24 m as close as one nautical mile from the seacoast. Due to this natural depth, Vizhinjam can attract the largest container vessels currently in operation and also the future mega container carriers. Site needs minimal capital dredging thus the project cost and maintenance cost will be minimum.

Once Vizhinjam port is complete, Sri Lankan ports will be too dependent on the Chinese.

The port is proposed at Vizhinjam, around 20 km away from Thiruvananthapuram, capital of State of Kerala. Kerala being the southern most state in India beset by Arabian Sea. The proposed Vizhinjam port is just 10 nautical miles from the International Shipping Lane. The Vizhinjam port is endowed with a natural seawater depth of up to 24 m as close as one nautical mile from the seacoast. Due to this natural depth, Vizhinjam can attract the largest container vessels currently in operation and also the future mega container carriers. Site needs minimal capital dredging thus the project cost and maintenance cost will be minimum.

The Biggest drawback is that its located in Kerala.

The last bastion of the communists and Anti Nationals.

15081439886597vizhi.jpg

Vizhinjham1400.jpg

LOL.... I guess that hit a nerve :devil:

Anyway , to the point, Enayam port is also the next big thing. Too bad Amma died and created a political mess in TN.

1488792230Image-5.jpg

1488792230Image-6.jpg

Here is the efficiency of Indian private ports,

port3_040516124719.jpg
I know who you're. :police: Your opinions on that matter is given zero value, let alone it hitting a nerve. Memes are all you deserve.
Let's not spoil the thread like before.

Back to topic.
Yes, if played right, Indian ports can make Sri Lanka irrelevant. Enayam has a big role to play.

It's only four nautical miles away from shipping lines.

I know who you're. :police: Your opinions on that matter is given zero value, let alone it hitting a nerve. Memes are all you deserve.
Let's not spoil the thread like before.

Back to topic.
Yes, if played right, Indian ports can make Sri Lanka irrelevant. Enayam has a big role to play.

It's only four nautical miles away from shipping lines.

LOL..... my identity is no secret :lol:

But my Facts are always to the point :devil:

DQq6KLMUMAATLok.jpg

I have very little faith in the state govt. of kerala and TN. (after death of Amma).

Hambantota also has the prestige of having the emptiest airport in the world.
And it's soon to be in Indian control.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom