What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
they need sanction of funds so they announce new projects and hence keep their job for next 30 yrs.It doesn't matter to them if that project fructify or not coz they get their monthly salary,husing plot,PF benifits along with armed guard and Rs.2 breakfast at ADA..

I Disagree, Outside HAL/DRDO we make more money. I get 3-4 times more than any government employee of my experience. I am from normal college, The premier college student get 2-3 times more than me.

Though I agree with you, to get fund they need to show the plan. Induction depends upon end user. LCA at current configuration is not bad. We all know how Armed forces kill indigenous projects to gain commission.

The current test photos are not out yet. I think they will be released at FOC, may be in December.

That is correct, FLIR and refueling probe are also the part of airframe design and that is what we are discussing here. Obviously they cant test it in GE 404 engine, but is the design is fanalized then they can take an off the shelve F414 engine and start the testing than waiting for the engine delivery. hence it looks like that the design work is still going on and ADA is taking time to deliver that to DRDO, causing a delay from ADA side, which is reason one.

FLIR and refuelling pod can be tested easily on current models as well, since the nose section will remain the same and they are not dependent on engine changes. These things just need to be fully developed and integrated, just like the AESA and that remains uncertain so far, while the main design changes of the MK2 are fixed now and as mentioned are just waiting for the engine and fuel tanks to be available.

One thing we both can agree here that instead of focusing on MK2 they unnecessarily wasted time on naval prototype and I am sure that is stuck in limbo with that extra weight problem. They (ADA) should have used their resources om MK2 prototype as NLCA is going no where, which is second reason for delay.

Both are related anyway, since the additional fuel tanks in MK2 were a prime requirement of the navy anyway. But generally I agree that the NLCA is just a useless distraction from the main development.

So blaming DRDO is not right, we all know in recent times they have been pretty good in keeping timelines.

In LCA ? MMR, Kaveri engine, navalising LCA? They are the main contributor for the delays and till they finally get some things done, the delays will just get bigger and bigger.

Why everyone saying that NLCA is causing delays and distractions.
IN also gave ADA funds and said it wants naval LCA.
But ADA mainly focused on LCA and neglected N-LCA.
Now they are causing delays in both aircrafts.

Why everyone saying that NLCA is causing delays and distractions.
IN also gave ADA funds and said it wants naval LCA.
But ADA mainly focused on LCA and neglected N-LCA.
Now they are causing delays in both aircrafts.

IN gave funds to develop a naval version, not for the general LCA project and the delays and distractions are caused because...

...none of our Indian companies had an idea how to navalise the fighter
...DRDO wanted US LM first and then settled with EADS as a partner, although both have limited experience only and Mikoyan would have been the way more logical choice
...by the fact that they needed 2 years to flight test NLCA since roll out, although only the gears were changed in the meantime
...by the different requirements of IN compared to IAF

After all, the outcome of the NLCA development will be a poor carrier fighter and for this goal, the whole project suffers too much!

Users Insist On Radical Makeover For Tejas Mk2

Both the IAF and Indian Navy have also recommended that the projected cockpit of the Tejas Mk2 should offer a range of new and enhanced features such as a centric, modular concept of operation, enabling pilots to control and personalise the displays, applications and information sources. The IAF is believed to have zeroed in earlier this year on the CockpitNG option, which was originally developed by ELBIT Systems for the global F-16 upgrade market, and can be easily sourced from HALBIT Avionics Pvt Ltd, the joint venture between ELBIT Systems and the MoD-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL). For the CockpitNG, an advanced display fusion engine has been developed, allowing information to be fused in multiple layers, yet displayed in one place. The new capabilities provide pilots with enhanced situational awareness and mission management, reduce pilot workload and support successful achievement of mission goals in all weather conditions. The CockpitNG, which is being shown for the very first time at the Farnborough International Airshow (FIA-2012), comprises a large area panoramic display (LAD), a low-profile head-up display (LPHUD) and the Targo helmet-mounted display/cueing system. New applications are projected on all elements of the CockpitNG, displaying all relevant data while hiding the irrelevant information to prevent overload. The LAD touch-screen offers a unique concept of operation, enabling pilots to personalise their displays, applications and information with a sweep of the finger, according to specific mission requirements. The cutting-edge 3-D map concept of operation, centered in large size, projects a 3-D image of the world, viewing fused information from own-ship sensors and data-link members’ sensors. The projection of fused synthetic and real-time pictures, videos, sensors and information makes any mission possible and supports successful achievement of enhanced mission goals in all weather conditions.

More in the link

Cockpit+NG.jpg

Israeli CockpitNG

halbitng1.jpg

halbitng2.jpg

India can source CockpitNG from HALBIT Avionics Pvt Ltd, the joint venture between ELBIT Systems and the MoD-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL).

I Disagree, Outside HAL/DRDO we make more money. I get 3-4 times more than any government employee of my experience. I am from normal college, The premier college student get 2-3 times more than me.

Though I agree with you, to get fund they need to show the plan. Induction depends upon end user. LCA at current configuration is not bad. We all know how Armed forces kill indigenous projects to gain commission.

The current test photos are not out yet. I think they will be released at FOC, may be in December.
Debatable.Armed forces Says DRDO promises moon without looking into its capabilities and then fails to deliver on time.If you deliver 3rd gen plane in 5th/6th gen period then which air force in the world will buy it to send its pilot on one way suicide mission.

The big news is that Vixen-MMR is being favoured by IAF.. However all these should be taken with a ton of salt ..

The big news is that Vixen-MMR is being favoured by IAF.. However all these should be taken with a ton of salt ..

Exactly, not only for the radar which btw was evaluated by IAF during MMRCA and was found to be not good enough, just like other air forces did in similar evaluations, but also in regard of the cockpit display. Elbit did not developed it for F16 upgrades, but for the Super Hornet, which is why the graphic clearly shows an F18:

Cockpit+NG.jpg

And there are more mistakes, so as you said one have to be careful with his reports.

LCA-Tejas has completed 1932 Test Flights successfully. (09-July-2012).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-234,PV5-36,LSP3-73,LSP4-56,LSP5-101,LSP7-4,NP1-4)

from
LCA-Tejas has completed 1931 Test Flights successfully. (07-July-2012).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-234,PV5-36,LSP3-72,LSP4-56,LSP5-101,LSP7-4,NP1-4)

I Disagree, Read the initial requirement for LCA and see the final requirement. IAF has taken complete U turn. they changed each and every parameter. This is how development happen for IA and IAF. This is not how it happen in real world.

Once you freez requirement, you are suppose to take the final product, where as IAF has changed requirement many time. You bring Sukhoi design burue to IAF, IAF will fail them. IAF and IA is piece of sh!t. They just know how to eat commission.

LCA-Tejas has completed 1932 Test Flights successfully. (09-July-2012).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-234,PV5-36,LSP3-73,LSP4-56,LSP5-101,LSP7-4,NP1-4)

from
LCA-Tejas has completed 1931 Test Flights successfully. (07-July-2012).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-234,PV5-36,LSP3-72,LSP4-56,LSP5-101,LSP7-4,NP1-4)

since month I have not seen any LCA flying in bangalore , where are they?

Exactly, not only for the radar which btw was evaluated by IAF during MMRCA and was found to be not good enough, just like other air forces did in similar evaluations, but also in regard of the cockpit display. Elbit did not developed it for F16 upgrades, but for the Super Hornet, which is why the graphic clearly shows an F18:

And there are more mistakes, so as you said one have to be careful with his reports.

This is what he says of Vixen-MMR...
The Vixen 850e AESA-MMR is derived from the Captor-E AESA-MMR that’s on the Eurofighter EF-2000 & therefore the Vixen 850e can be looked upon as being a mature product and somewhat superior to what’s being offered by ELTA Systems, Raytheon & Northrop Grumman. Both the Captor-E & RBE-2 grew out of the common AESA-MMR technology demonstration programme called AMSAR & therefore both are considered mature designs. Consequently, the Vixen 850e, derived from the Captor-E, is an equally mature product & the fact that it comes integrated with the Skyward IRST sensor (which is a derivative of the PIRATE IRST sensor on board the EF-2000) makes it superior to the EL/M-2052, RACR & SABR.

This is what he says of Vixen-MMR...

Yeah I've read that and was amazed when he claimed Captor-E as a mature product, especially when it doesn't exist so far, contrary to especially the US radars, which are derivates of radars that are already in operational service.
Btw, according to Selex Galileo the number in the name of their radars states how many T/R modules the radar has.

Vixen 500 => 500 T/R modules
Vixen 1000 => 1000 T/R modules
Vixen 850 => 850 T/R modules and if this radar was the base for Gripen NG in the MMRCA trials, it might have been one of the smallest and that could be a reasons for the reported performance issues

Captor E is based on the Vixen 1000, but is estimated with more T/R modules, so even if the Vixen 850 has the same re-positioner design, the performance is way different!
Another point that we have to keep in mind and why this radar design would be a bad choice for LCA is the additional weight that the re-positioner will add. As we all know the fighter already has weight issues, so the logical way should be to limit any additional weight for new techs. For the EF it is stated, that the additional weight of Captor-E with repositioner is so high, that they have to add more weight in the rear part of the fighter, to correct the weight balance again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom