What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads merged.

@OP , why post a new thread when there is a sticky available ?

ON THE TOPIC PLEASE.. NO dragging in this or that to a thread that is dedicated to the Tejas.
I have tons of pink gowns sitting with me for those that do.

Can anyone tell about status of indigenous AESA for LCA Mk-II...I think it may be ready by then....:undecided:

ON THE TOPIC PLEASE.. NO dragging in this or that to a thread that is dedicated to the Tejas.
I have tons of pink gowns sitting with me for those that do.
Thanks Oscar, for cleaning the mess! :tup:

I thought India had created a fighter back in the 1960s. After this experience with LCA, India should focus on joint ventures such as Brahmos. Hopefully, India is aware of its limitations and start purchasing or joint venture instead of wasting the tax payer's money.

The cost incurred for developing Tejas includes all infrastructure for developing and testing of all subsystems, building labs etc etc. Its so cheap comparatively considering the cost of infrastructure whihc can be used in AMCA and is being used for UAV and UCAV and in a way delay produces newer subsystems for LCA including Indigenous AESA Radar.

Dhruv I< Dhruv II<Dhruv III< Rudra<LCH 1<..... to follow

Arjun 1< Arjun2<...

similarly
Akash1< Akash2 etc

LCA1< LCA2<AMCA<... and it goes on since we build it ourselves.
At any point we stop the project then it is a failure but if it goes on no matter how much we invest it will eventually work out cheaper than buying the worlds best military equipment. And we have advantage of having great relations with all countries who can supply world class addon subsystems to the base platform.

India’s Light Combat Aircraft Tejas Delayed Until 2015

India’s dreams of flying an indigenously built light combat aircraft will have a wait a while longer as the Tejas fighter jet is not expected to “be ready to go to war” until 2015.

A recent assessment found the lightweight aircraft, which has flown over 2,000 flights, to be ready in three years and is expected to be capable of firing guns, rockets and BVR (beyond visual range) missiles as well as air-to-air refueling.

The $4.51 billion Tejas project began in 1983 to replace the aging Russian MiG-21s will miss its 2012 deadline as the review refused to issued the final operations clearance (FOC) before it is fully combat-ready.

At present Tejas only has initial operational clearance-I (IOC-I) to certify its airworthiness.

It was recently revealed that the first 20 aircraft will be powered by GE-404 engines while the other six squadrons fly on a more powerful GE-F-414 engine.

The Indian Air Force will see a fall of an additional 31 aircraft in its fighter squadron in the next four years.

India’s Light Combat Aircraft Tejas Delayed Until 2015 : Defense news

Light Combat Aircraft [LCA] Tejas fitted with an In-Flight Refuelling [IFR] probe

A still rare sight - India's Light Combat Aircraft [LCA] Tejas, fitted with an In-Flight Refuelling [IFR] probe.

25b254f4e065.jpg

Light Combat Aircraft [LCA] Tejas fitted with an In-Flight Refuelling [IFR] probe

A still rare sight - India's Light Combat Aircraft [LCA] Tejas, fitted with an In-Flight Refuelling [IFR] probe.

25b254f4e065.jpg

Its looks like very first Mock-up, you can fit anything on a model plane easily.

India&#8217;s Light Combat Aircraft Tejas Delayed Until 2015

India&#8217;s dreams of flying an indigenously built light combat aircraft will have a wait a while longer as the Tejas fighter jet is not expected to &#8220;be ready to go to war&#8221; until 2015.

A recent assessment found the lightweight aircraft, which has flown over 2,000 flights, to be ready in three years and is expected to be capable of firing guns, rockets and BVR (beyond visual range) missiles as well as air-to-air refueling.

The $4.51 billion Tejas project began in 1983 to replace the aging Russian MiG-21s will miss its 2012 deadline as the review refused to issued the final operations clearance (FOC) before it is fully combat-ready.

At present Tejas only has initial operational clearance-I (IOC-I) to certify its airworthiness.

It was recently revealed that the first 20 aircraft will be powered by GE-404 engines while the other six squadrons fly on a more powerful GE-F-414 engine.

The Indian Air Force will see a fall of an additional 31 aircraft in its fighter squadron in the next four years.

India&#8217;s Light Combat Aircraft Tejas Delayed Until 2015 : Defense news

My Indian fellows might not be that much sad or surprised by this news. It was very much expected because the progress of the project is not very satisfying. Sonay pe Suhaga, GOI doesn't seems to be interested in Tejas at all. If GOI drops LCA for IAF/IN and import western jets then they will get handsome amount of COMMISSION to fill their pockets. LCA might still have a future in IN but AHHHH LOOK USA GOT F-35. USA will try its best to drop LCA using your corrupt GOVT and will introduce F-35 for IN to secure DUBTI NAAO of F-35. This is very much possible even if you consider it a CONSPIRACY THEORY.

My Indian fellows might not be that much sad or surprised by this news. It was very much expected because the progress of the project is not very satisfying. Sonay pe Suhaga, GOI doesn't seems to be interested in Tejas at all. If GOI drops LCA for IAF/IN and import western jets then they will get handsome amount of COMMISSION to fill their pockets. LCA might still have a future in IN but AHHHH LOOK USA GOT F-35. USA will try its best to drop LCA using your corrupt GOVT and will introduce F-35 for IN to secure DUBTI NAAO of F-35. This is very much possible even if you consider it a CONSPIRACY THEORY.

Thanks for putting it so succinctly, somehow in our wisdom could not understand half of what you said..

Whether you will like it or not both ways we are winners, however LCA is a worthy project a development delayed only due to mismanagement not for the lack of capability...

Sorry, but that's just you very unlikely theory, especially since GoI has nothing to do with it here. If you would have read the article, you would have understand that the problem is that IAF is not ready to give LCA the FOC and wants further integration of weapons, systems and flight tests. IAF seems to have a different induction system than other countries have, because they require weapon integrations and stuff before the induction into operational service, while most other countries, including Pakistan inducts such newly developed fighters after IOC and integrates weapons and techs later. When you look at what stuff was already integrated into LCA prototypes (LDP, LGBs, R60 and R73 WVR missiles, most likely Derby BVR missile, HMS), it doesn't fall short to what what PAFs JF 17s can use so far. But somehow they have very high requirements for the induction of the fighter, although it will be the least capable of the fleet anyway.
Add the fact that LCA was developed as a light weight, cost-effective fighter, while F35 is a medium weight, expensive fighter and you know why it doesn't fit the bill anyway.

Sorry, but that's just you very unlikely theory, especially since GoI has nothing to do with it here. If you would have read the article, you would have understand that the problem is that IAF is not ready to give LCA the FOC and wants further integration of weapons, systems and flight tests. IAF seems to have a different induction system than other countries have, because they require weapon integrations and stuff before the induction into operational service, while most other countries, including Pakistan inducts such newly developed fighters after IOC and integrates weapons and techs later. When you look at what stuff was already integrated into LCA prototypes (LDP, LGBs, R60 and R73 WVR missiles, most likely Derby BVR missile, HMS), it doesn't fall short to what what PAFs JF 17s can use so far. But somehow they have very high requirements for the induction of the fighter, although it will be the least capable of the fleet anyway.
Add the fact that LCA was developed as a light weight, cost-effective fighter, while F35 is a medium weight, expensive fighter and you know why it doesn't fit the bill anyway.

finally sancho standing for LCA........:lol:

+ that's my point, i think IAF is really playing spoiler as far as Tejas is concerned, they have no problem with mig-21s in there inventory but when someone say LCA Tejas, than they have only abuses for it. Really don't understand what's the comparison (even if any) between 3rd gen mig-21 & 4+ gen LCA??

Thanks for putting it so succinctly, somehow in our wisdom could not understand half of what you said..

Whether you will like it or not both ways we are winners, however LCA is a worthy project a development delayed only due to mismanagement not for the lack of capability...

Loosing a Project after struggling 20+ years isn't really a success and in such case LCA Project will just serve as a basic excremental plane for AMCA.
and what you couldn't understand is not your fault at all. See, when US ask any GOVT to select their product over competitor product then they give commission to selected corrupt personal for their duties. Those corrupt personal bring unnecessary delays in project which can at least deliver one or half Sqn. to AF for testing & evaluation of operational capabilities. Then one day they will drop the whole project for a good and more powerful American jet. They tried to do the same for JFT but because of a few good personal in PAF they couldn't succeed. That's why the total No. of Blk.52 were reduced TWICE back in 2005-6.
You people wont understand unless you experience it.

Can anyone tell about status of indigenous AESA for LCA Mk-II...I think it may be ready by then....:undecided:

DRDO says it will come with MK2, while MoD/IAF were searching for co-development partners and didn't stated anything official yet.

finally sancho standing for LCA........:lol:

that's my point, i think IAF is really playing spoiler as far as Tejas is concerned, they have no problem with mig-21s in there inventory but when someone say LCA Tejas, than they have only abuses for it.

:rolleyes: That's what I'm saying all the time, that this system must be changed to finally induct MK1, but apart from that IAF as the customer has the right to demand what they really ordered and if the industry messed it up, they have to fix the problems. You wouldn't accept a Tata Nano, when you initially has ordered an Mercedes A Class would you?
So you have to differ between them demanding the power they need for the fighter as initially planned and this unusual induction system!

Yes Example is F-35 which has not even completed its weapon trials completely but operational birds have been delivered to USAF, RAF and soon to RNAF. Same happened to PAF F-16 B52 First bird 801 delivered in the last batch because it was going under weapon trials, same will be done with JFT.

But I am talking in IN & IAF perspective, if LCA fails to satisfy even in 2015 and USA offers F-35 for N-LCA alternate the will you still go for N-LCA. No, Of Course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom