What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
LCA-Tejas has completed 1937 Test Flights successfully. (12-July-2012).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-237,PV5-36,LSP3-73,LSP4-56,LSP5-103,LSP7-4,NP1-4)

from

LCA-Tejas has completed 1932 Test Flights successfully. (09-July-2012).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-234,PV5-36,LSP3-73,LSP4-56,LSP5-101,LSP7-4,NP1-4)

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-237,PV5-36,LSP3-73,LSP4-56,LSP5-103,LSP7-4,NP1-4)

from

LCA-Tejas has completed 1932 Test Flights successfully. (09-July-2012).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-234,PV5-36,LSP3-73,LSP4-56,LSP5-101,LSP7-4,NP1-4)

You are doing what our friend sudhir007 used to do assidiously.. :tup:

LCA-Tejas has completed 1941 Test Flights successfully.

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-237,PV5-36,LSP3-75,LSP4-56,LSP5-105,LSP7-4,NP1-4)

FROM

At a time when the US is fast-developing hypersonic bombers capable of flying at 20 times the speed of sound, India's largely home-grown Tejas light combat aircraft will "not be ready to go to war" anytime before 2015.

The latest assessment of Tejas, which has now clocked close to 2,000 flights in its almost three-decade-long developmental saga, holds the light-weight fighter will be capable of firing guns, rockets and BVR (beyond visual range) missiles as well as air-to-air refuelling only by 2015 at the earliest, say defence ministry sources.

That is when the single-engine Tejas will become fully combat-ready after getting the final operational clearance (FOC). The review suggests that the fighter is again headed to miss a deadline in its convoluted tale that began in 1983 as an endeavour to replace the ageing MiG-21s.

So far, Tejas has achieved only initial operational clearance-I (IOC-I) to certify it's airworthiness. "The IOC-II for the fighter, which also includes integration of some weapons like laser-guided bombs, was pushed back to December 2012. But now, it will only be possible by July, 2013, or so after over 200 more sorties. FOC will come only two years after that," said a source.

India will eventually spend over Rs 25,000 crore in the entire Tejas programme, including the naval variant and trainer as well as the failed Kaveri engine, as earlier reported by TOI. But more than the cost, it's the time taken to develop a fully-tested, weapons-ready fighter that underlines how critical defence projects should not be run.

While it is true that developing a supersonic fly-by-wire fighter from scratch was never going to be easy, the entire project could have been managed much better. IAF, on its part, is supporting the fighter programme since it knows the country's need to have indigenous weapon systems is strategically critical.

Plans are underway to upgrade the Sulur airbase in Tamil Nadu, which will house the initial Tejas squadrons inducted in the IOC-II configuration, at a cost of Rs 524 crore. While the first 20 Tejas will be powered by the American GE-404 engines, the next six Mark-II squadrons (16-18 jets in each) will have the more powerful GE F-414 engines. The $822-million deal for 99 GE F-414 engines is likely to be inked soon, with additional engines being ordered at a later stage.

The number of fighter squadrons in IAF will further dip to 31 over the next three to four years with phasing out of the aging MiG variants, further impacting IAF's combat capabilities, before it slowly begins to pick up with new inductions. Projections show IAF will have the required 45 squadrons only by 2032.

Tejas fighter jet won't be combat-ready before 2015 - The Times of India

Look at the comments on ToI... Blaming Pakistan for their Tejas jet delaying hahahha :rofl:

The biggest mistakes Indians (and others) is not understanding the true success of the LCA program as a whole. From where the Indian aerospace industry was when LCA program started to where it is now is a world apart it is truly amazing what has been acheived by India. The good thing about making a first fighter is you never have to do it again!

+ I think it is a bit rich for certain members from a certain country to continuously criticise Indian indigence programs when they are doing great work and those members' nation can do nothing but dream of achieving 1/10th of what India has.

The biggest mistakes Indians (and others) is not understanding the true success of the LCA program as a whole. From where the Indian aerospace industry was when LCA program started to where it is now is a world apart it is truly amazing what has been acheived by India. The good thing about making a first fighter is you never have to do it again!

+ I think it is a bit rich for certain members from a certain country to continuously criticise Indian indigence programs when they are doing great work and those members' nation can do nothing but dream of achieving 1/10th of what India has.

I thought India had created a fighter back in the 1960s. After this experience with LCA, India should focus on joint ventures such as Brahmos. Hopefully, India is aware of its limitations and start purchasing or joint venture instead of wasting the tax payer's money.

I thought India had created a fighter back in the 1960s. After this experience with LCA, India should focus on joint ventures such as Brahmos. Hopefully, India is aware of its limitations and start purchasing or joint venture instead of wasting the tax payer's money.

Marut wasnt an indian product... it was designed by a german...Kurt Tank...also it was a failure.... an under powered jet...

On topic... Nothing new... it was expected..

There is a difference between being ambitious and being plain stupid...
Trying to build an advanced fighter infiginously for a country which had no prior expetience of even making a propeller plane,was stupid.

Exactly the reason why pakistan should not undertake such feat, On the other hand LCA project has been responsible for creation of ADA and NAL, which in turn will show their benefits just like ISRO.

And for sake of comparison, SAAB gripen which came from expertise of SAAB viggen and others still took similar time frame to develop. If you are here to actually learn something, try looking up actual timeframe at which funding began for LCA and compare it to gripen. We have achieved 90% of the goals at fraction of the cost in similar time frame.

THAT BASICALLY PAF has more INDEGINOUS maal than IAF

In your dreams troll

Mig 21's bisons, fuselage modifications
Mig 21' bisons landing gear assemblies
Mig 21FL, bis and bisons Radar and power supply system
Mig 21 bisons kopyo 3 radars were build according to IAF specs
Mig 21 wing spars were indigenous design and manufactures
Mig 27's ground mapping radar was indigenous
Mig 27 upgrade was indigenous
Su30MKI HUDs and Multi-Function Displays (MFD) are indigenous
MKI's Canards were specific to IAF's tailor made specs.
MKI's RWR system is of Indian design, developed by India's DRDO, called Tarang
Astra brahmos integration into MKI
French and Isreali avionics intergrations
Apart from that India License produced
All the engines on the mentioned system, Which engine have you ever built ?????

Do you even build the RD33 or it's chinese clone under license or still importing????

Hmmm.
Ok that is a long list of indian tweaks in different planes. It was better to do all this in one plane.

Trying to build an advanced fighter infiginously for a country which had no prior expetience of even making a propeller plane,was stupid.

So we should have made propellor planes for the IAF? Every country has to start somewhere, and it can only start with a product that the end user will want. If the tejas was the IAF's only hope (like thunder is for PAF), then it would have been stupid. But in India's case, we can afford to take our time, because in the meanwhile, we are license manufacturing one of the finest and most sophisticated fighters, and can buy or buy and license make whatever we want. And we have been doing that with MKIs, mirages, and in future, rafales. But the tejas program has to go on, even if it is delayed, to develop a good aerospace industry in India. Today there are hundreds of little companies (other than the mammoth HAL) which supply and make systems and subsystems for tejas and MKIs, and we have a talent pool that we did not have earlier. It was one of the best decisions by the government to try this ambitious project, and despite sanctions, beating all odds, we have succeeded. A lot later than we would like, but we have succeeded in the goal of creating aerospace expertise in the country.

It is not by accident that India is now in a position to dream about designing a 5th gen fighter. It is because we had the vision to continue with our 4th gen project against all odds. And they have delivered a product that actually is comparable to the best light fighters out there. I don't care if it takes 3 more years, because its not like the IAF will die without it. Unlike the PAf, the IAF has options.

THAT BASICALLY PAF has more INDEGINOUS maal than IAF

I asked you a few pointed questions in post #22. Any chance that you will reply? If not, bug off, troll.

@janon

Pakistan is making the KLJ-7 radar by itself

So we should have made propellor planes for the IAF? Every country has to start somewhere, and it can only start with a product that the end user will want. If the tejas was the IAF's only hope (like thunder is for PAF), then it would have been stupid. But in India's case, we can afford to take our time, because in the meanwhile, we are license manufacturing one of the finest and most sophisticated fighters, and can buy or buy and license make whatever we want. And we have been doing that with MKIs, mirages, and in future, rafales. But the tejas program has to go on, even if it is delayed, to develop a good aerospace industry in India. Today there are hundreds of little companies (other than the mammoth HAL) which supply and make systems and subsystems for tejas and MKIs, and we have a talent pool that we did not have earlier. It was one of the best decisions by the government to try this ambitious project, and despite sanctions, beating all odds, we have succeeded. A lot later than we would like, but we have succeeded in the goal of creating aerospace expertise in the country.

It is not by accident that India is now in a position to dream about designing a 5th gen fighter. It is because we had the vision to continue with our 4th gen project against all odds. And they have delivered a product that actually is comparable to the best light fighters out there. I don't care if it takes 3 more years, because its not like the IAF will die without it. Unlike the PAf, the IAF has options.

I asked you a few pointed questions in post #22. Any chance that you will reply? If not, bug off, troll.

Yes Sweden's experence in making Grippen is relevant here.But they made improvements to working planes and replaced one working flying plane with another,Unlike Tejas...
and even they didnt try to do all by themselves,they did take in foreign technologies and modified it to their needs...
Even theit Volvo-RM12 engine for Grippen is a derivative of F-404 instead of trying to reinvent the jet engine as iNdia tried in case of Kaveri and failed...

I think its more of a mismanagement problem than a technological one...
Tejas was a good project but was continuously mismanaged with wrong targets being set,some too ambitious such as trying to make a carbon fiber wing which even the Boeing failed when they tried back then for X-32 JSF

Pls en light us With Ur Knowledge what Goal did they achieved lol as u said its is based on 4.5 genr principal in 1980 are u kidding me the main basic concept of mig 27 but when they wasnt not able to do that so they changed the project a new project and now the backbone was mirage 2000 now the combination of mirage2000 and mig 23 and india is stck their

Its 1 thing how to bolt market parts to your plain its another thing entirely to understand how the work together

^^^actually they didnt try to bolt market parts together and make a plane,same as pakistan did with jf-17.
Instead they tried to reinvent what was already there and failed...

India says Tejas is indigenous but with so many European engineers working on Tejas... chh

As of yet the LCA has not been inducted into the IAF- a damning fact, yes. But ONLY when read out of context. In terms of technology development the project is an outstanding success. The country has mastered FBW FCS with unstable aerodynamics, use of computer-based control of electro mechanical systems,use of composite materials, open architecture avionics with glass cockpit, HUD and HMDS. India is now one of few countries with the infrastructure to devlop and test technologies that go into a fighter. There is but a handful of countries that can boast of such feats-Pakistan is not one of them and you know this is true if you think about it. Could Pakistan make an LCA-like plane in the next 3 decades if it is so easy and India so incompetent? NO, and we ALL know it.

Show me another country who could pull-off similar feats with similar resource constraints, economic/military sanctions, little to no technical base and constantly changing end-user requirements.

Ambitious is a fair analysis but why not? Either go big or go home. It is better to try and fail, than never to have tried at all (and India hasn't failed- far from it).

you are not even british but still hiding behind a british flag.

As day turns to night, it is obvious that he is Indian.

Why hide your true identity?

I have never been anything but open about my identidy on this forum and have had stated the nature of my identity numerous times on this site. I am born in UK, hold British citezenship, study here, work here but am of Indian descent- that is all. Just because someone says something you don't like you accuse them of false flagging? The fact is I only really got interested in defence issues a few years ago so have not really been influenced either way, naturally there is going to be some prejudice in some occasions but when it comes to this project I feel I am genuily objective and what India has done in the climate that persisted is truly amazing and deserves recognition not lambasting like you guys who have your own blatant bias and much less objectivity than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom