What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give some figures which European country fears India’s development and which American country? What is their volume of trade, ratio of import and export, balance of payment favorable or not? India is in transition process from agriculture to industry. Europe is not a single country; India has different relations with each and every country.

In your intro thread you made serious attacks on Americans…now you’re involving Europe and Australia collectively... again blind statements to provoke differences between China and rest of the world!

Despite several notices you haven’t corrected your country and location flag…

You are using China for trolling and this is serious offence!

Salik,

I dont think he is actually saying those nations are scared about india's capabilities. That would be rubbish to say. But people is worried about India's development capabilities in terms of Business. If any country develops a system on its own it represents loss of incom e for some other country. Hence you will find (everywhere in world), the moment India starts development or is well on its way to developing a product, nations such as US, Europe, etc will offer better products to Indian armed forces. This creates tension between armed forces and scientists; since Armed forces always want the best equipment and scientists well are scientists.

A recent example to note would be PAAD testing that India had done. The moment the 3rd test became succesfull, US started showing interest in offering Patriot systems (this was never the case before)...

I guess the point is you can negotiate only from a point of strength. If the world sees that you are able to develop a platform on own , they will think "Its better to offer our products now and kill the development rather than later when he wont have any use for it"....

i am not a kid!
in this thread i read many views abt which 1 is better!
lca on paper is classified as a 4.5 gen aircraft!!
do u think india can straight away bulild a 4.5 gen jet?
acc to iaf it is meant to replace ur migs! rit?
and our jf-17 would meet the tactical and strategic needs of air forces of developing countries! can the tejas be used for offensive measures?? like jf!
the jf-17 is powerd by Klimov RD-93 turbofan engine!
u had kaveri! .. its probs .. we ol no!
reply to ques anathema!

i am not a kid!

Sajid, Its a Forum . People come and Go and everybody has a different opinion. JF 17 is not active and neither is LCA , Both have been in development for quite some time and has faced problems. How can you say one is better and other is not.

Yes so.

Why cant it build ? Any reasons !!! Sajid, India has a very good Industrial base and it has built the technical know how after years and years of labourious and painstaking research. It did not happen suddenly.

So ....Does it mean capability wise it needs to be equal to Mig 21 ?? Whats the whole point then , we might as well not retire Mig 21. LCA would replace Mig 21 and would act as a point defence as well as a multi role aircraft.

and our jf-17 would meet the tactical and strategic needs of air forces of developing countries! can the tejas be used for offensive measures?? like jf!

Yes, why not. Tejas is a multi-role aircraft. It can serve in any type of mission that IAF envisages and conceives , atleast that is the idea. Primary mission for it would be to act as a point defence aircraft. Some more additional information, LCA is currently undergoing weapon trails of Air to Ground and after that it would Air to Air weapon trials.

LCA is powered by GE 404 engine and mk 2 will be powered by GE414 or EJ2000. So what is the question ? Kaveri has been under development and it is facing problems , India is facing some problems in crystal blade technology. Do note even China is facing problems for its WAS 10 (i believe) engine. Its a very complex piece of engineering.

Assistance that EADS will be providing is not for weight. It would be reduce to Testing time. Plan is to chart out appropriate test plans to reduce the time for IOC. There were some talks about BaE and EADS helping to reduce weight but that i belive is scrapped since LCA will be powered with a more pwoerful engine.
This is what I meant:
January 28, 2009, (Sawf News) - ADA has sought assistance from EADS to redesign the Tejas undercarriage and help reduce the weight of the fighter, which is already 1.5 tons heavier than envisaged.

Under a $20 million, four year deal EADS will help Tejas get final operational clearance for the LCA Tejas.

ADA seeks EADS aid to speed up Tejas LCA project
i am not a kid!
u had kaveri! .. its probs .. we ol no!
reply to ques anathema!
I also request you to at least google and read something about it before you build your opinion!

Yes LCA is build to replace Mig 21, but that doesn't mean it will be only use that old techs. It will replace them by numbers but will have latest techs like (for Mk2 version) AESA radar, BVR missiles, new engine with latest techs (EJ 200 should make LCA supercruise capable and offers TVC), fly by wire, glass cockpit and so on. It is designed as for air defense as an interceptor, that's why it is light and should be very maneuverablem but it will be a multi role aircraft. It already is in the weapon testing phase. Kaveri engine is under developent and offers at the moment nearly the same thrust as RD 93, but that was not enough for IAF requirement (90 - 95Kn) . That's why the first engine will be a foreign and Kaveri will be inducted later.
Once again, both will be 4. - 4,5 gen fighters with similar techs!

ok..
bt plz can u tel me ur sukhoi-30mki is olso clasified as a 4.5 gen aircraft!! bt it is ur frontline fighter!
so y not lca file a similar role like the mki??
acc to sources IAF will induct 1st squardon by2010 in tn!
y not in assam frm were the sukhoiz are operating to counter chinese threat! both are sam gen aircraft!

[video=google;4503725423837794418]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4503725423837794418[/video]

ok..
bt plz can u tel me ur sukhoi-30mki is olso clasified as a 4.5 gen aircraft!! bt it is ur frontline fighter!
so y not lca file a similar role like the mki??
acc to sources IAF will induct 1st squardon by2010 in tn!
y not in assam frm were the sukhoiz are operating to counter chinese threat! both are sam gen aircraft!

Dear Sajid MKI is 4.5++ gen heavy fighters in its class it can carry around (6000-8000kg) different type of weapon a2g, a2a or a2s. and with internal fuel 5000k.m and one time refueling it can go 8000km. ....... for more information go :-
Sukhoi Su-30MKI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LCA PV-5 twin seater first flight soon..

IDRW.ORG Blog Archive LCA PV-5 twin seater first flight soon..

The Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) programme has achieved another significant breakthrough as its final prototype vehicle PV-5 will soon take to the skies. The PV-5, one of the five prototype vehicles developed by the Aeronautical Development Agency is ready with the Engine Ground Run currently being carried on.

Defence Research and Development Organisation sources told Express that the Engine Ground Run for the PV-5, a two-seat trainer prototype is currently being carried out, before it can be certified to fly.

“The Engine Ground Run precedes the low-speed taxi trial and the high speed taxi-trials, following which the first flight of the aircraft will take place,” said sources. “Once the weather improves the taxi trial will be carried and so will the first flight of the PV-5,” sources added.

Unlike the other four prototypes (PV-1, PV-2,PV-3,PV-4) and the two technology demonstrator (TD-1 and TD-2) aircraft, the PV-5 apart from being a two-seat trainer version of the LCA will be identical to the fighter.

It will be fully combat capable and could be used in that role.

The LCA has completed 1,141 Test Flights successfully as on June 25.

ADA, the technology development agency for the indigenous LCA programme, hopes to get the Initial Operational Clearance before being inducted in the IAF by 2010. IAF plans to have seven LCA squadrons.

It was planned to fly in march... According to AFM a year ago...

I find the documentary onsided and unrealistic. I agree that it is a step forward for a nation to produce its own planes and certainly fighterjets but it is an average plane that will replace Mig21. And even that is still a if cause we need to beyond flying a few G's and straight lines... Ok, I have to admit that it is rude cause it did roll pretty fast. Let us wait a few years and make a documentary... Just like how did Arjun perform against EL Khaled.

I find the documentary onsided and unrealistic. I agree that it is a step forward for a nation to produce its own planes and certainly fighterjets but it is an average plane that will replace Mig21. And even that is still a if cause we need to beyond flying a few G's and straight lines... Ok, I have to admit that it is rude cause it did roll pretty fast. Let us wait a few years and make a documentary... Just like how did Arjun perform against EL Khaled.
The Mk1 version is average, because it's nothing much more than a prototype, or trainer version (less engine thrust for IAF requirements, weight problems and radar not ready). But with the techs that will be inducted in the Mk2 version(AESA radar, high power engine, maybe TVC) it will be a totally different thing and might be more than a match for JF17.
For India it was definetely the right move, like Dhruv was on the helicopter side. It will improve the aerospace industry and make IAF less reliable of other nations. The problems we are facing are nothing special, China and western countries had the same too and this is Indias first step.

The LCA is a massive step for indian aero engineering. India now has the personal the tech base and the technology to build in house cvomposite built fighters.

Even if LCA takes time its almost irrelevent.

India is building the tech base for future MCA 5th gen fighters and UCV in the future

Reactions: BSF
The LCA is a massive step for indian aero engineering. India now has the personal the tech base and the technology to build in house cvomposite built fighters.

Even if LCA takes time its almost irrelevent.

India is building the tech base for future MCA 5th gen fighters and UCV in the future

Yes i agree!
yes it had engine problems and other delyas but never the less it is a step forward for India in aeronautical engineering.:tup:

unrealistic?? just because its Indian LCA?? :disagree::disagree:
do you really believe its just an average fighter??
i really wonder what will you tag JF-17 comparing LCA & JF-17 configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom