What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully AESA in mk2 will have more ..

Current mk 1 needs to finish faster..

1913212_729486297145821_1356527991229583370_o.jpg

I have a question in mind is this radar better than KLJ-7 or not ?

For that you will need to know the exact parameters of the KLJ-7 which is a near impossibility given the strict information control and paranoid security apparatus within the sole user's nation.

I have a question in mind is this radar better than KLJ-7 or not ?

Let's not start comparisions in this thread, both are comparable puls doppler radars, with comparable performance.

With this @sancho the nose problem is rectified for LCA regarding the radar range.

Actually it isn't since that are only specs of the radar itself. The new nose as well as the refuelling probe are yet to come and be integrated, "then" we will see if the performance of the radar can be reached to the full extend. What's interesting though is, that he replied to one tweet asking if it's an Indian MMR, that it is an LRDE radar with the EL 2032 backend, that however is contrary to most recent reports for the MK1 and also would make the procurement of EL 2032s for the Jag upgrade pointless.

Let's not start comparisions in this thread, both are comparable puls doppler radars, with comparable performance.

Actually it isn't since that are only specs of the radar itself. The new nose as well as the refuelling probe are yet to come and be integrated, "then" we will see if the performance of the radar can be reached to the full extend. What's interesting though is, that he replied to one tweet asking if it's an Indian MMR, that it is an LRDE radar with the EL 2032 backend, that however is contrary to most recent reports for the MK1 and also would make the procurement of EL 2032s for the Jag upgrade pointless.
Jag deal already signed long back and can't back trac now I think. May be the radar development went through in a good pace than expected by these officials. There were always a surprise hidden in radar as somebody was hinting. ...may be this development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom