What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Oscar , it is awesome!

Put some negative side too. Looks like a one sided love story :)

Donatello is going to say again - lol, why do you waste time :)

Against the Burma military Junta, I'm sure the Indian forces will generally get favourable results. At least from the air anyway.

@Malik Alashter
As said by @45'22' , the biggest chalenge in reverse engg is metallurgy and qualityf of blades and other components.
Building an engine is one thing, reliability with decent hours for engine life is another thing, The best example would be chinese experience with ther WS engines. They simply have too short an engine life
Matter of fact, russina.soviet engine have an engine life shorter than western counterparts.

Metallurgy in engine building is a closedly guarded secret that no nation wants to share with others barring trearties.
now WS10G has 1500 hours duration for overhaul, we make huge breakthrough in recent years especially metallurgy.

Reactions: HRK
now WS10G has 1500 hours duration for overhaul, we make huge breakthrough in recent years especially metallurgy.
That is because breakthrough of 'Single crystal metallurgy' china have attained in recent years... The thrust of WS10A onward series especially WS 10 G is exceptionally good.. 150 kn with afterburner.. too good.. If, what you are saying that it clocks 1500 hrs, then thats a excellent new for Chinese aerospace industry..

That is because breakthrough of 'Single crystal metallurgy' china have attained in recent years... The thrust of WS10A onward series especially WS 10 G is exceptionally good.. 150 kn with afterburner.. too good.. If, what you are saying that it clocks 1500 hrs, then thats a excellent new for Chinese aerospace industry..
and we could produce powder metallurgy turbine disk right now.

WS15 will have max180KN thrust.

we still lacks experience in Thrust vectoring tech,that's why we need to buy Su35.

As requested

Great work, you should create an own thread (unless you already have) for such story lines, with different fighters. Would surely interest a lot of us.

IAF C-130-30Js
mark 1 FOC model will have refueling probe.

Tejas Mk.2 Testbed with IRST and Fixed Refuelling probe in formation with C-130J of Veiled Vipers.

img00002.JPG

Tejas Mk.2 IOC with retractable refuelling Probe and IRST.
img00001.JPG

Tejas Mk.2 Testbed with IRST and Fixed Refuelling probe in formation with C-130J of Veiled Vipers.

View attachment 136576

Tejas Mk.2 IOC with retractable refuelling Probe and IRST.
View attachment 136577
Very nice!

Fixed IFR probes always look SO ugly (except on Dassualt's birds).

----------------------------------

A letter to the IAF from the Tejas on the IAF's 82nd raising day last week:

Dear IAF,

My special greetings on your 82nd b'day! I saw some photos on Tarmak007 and was happy to see that Hindon Station is all decked up for the AF Day Parade on October 8. Last year too I missed flying there and this year too I will be missing.

But my dad in ADA, mom in HAL and uncle in DRDO promise that for your 83rd birthday -- I will be surely there. Not in the current yellow-pillow colour. I hate this yellow paint. But, I shall come in the mesmerizing IAF Squadron colours.

I met some of the Tejas Squadron pilots in Bangalore the other day at NFTC and one guy asked me: ”Aur kitna wait karna padega? (How long we have to wait?).” They are in a hurry to take me to Sulur, my honeymoon base. Nice guys!

Some of my cousins have gone to Jaisalmer to celebrate Diwali. This time they are firing some new bombs and missiles.

These media chaps are behind me again and they are saying I am light, but late. These guys don’t know: Better late than never!

It's raining in Bangalore now and I have some night flying lined up as well. Send me some photos of AF Day Parade on WhatsApp. If time permits, please do reply after the b'day bash.

Happy B’day. Miss you guys!

Love,

Tejas

Saw it on the TARMAK007 blog, gave me a good laugh anyway.

Against the Burma military Junta, I'm sure the Indian forces will generally get favourable results. At least from the air anyway.
What if China plays proxy :)

On the subject of what if schemes(since there is not much news going on about the Tejas. There was a particular Mig-21 display scheme which always intrigued me and I thought the Tejas would look smashing in it.
View attachment 134874

View attachment 134873

And now to what I really wanted to do, was to ruin your day(or make it if you have rather twisted ideas).. The fin flag placement is wholly unintentional.

View attachment 134872
plzsir.....wht software are you using???

2695th flight on 28 Aug
TD1 : 233, PV1: 242, PV3: 387, LSP1: 74, LSP3: 224, LSP5: 278, TD2 : 305, PV2: 222, PV5: 59, LSP2: 294, LSP4: 128, LSP7: 118, NP1: 25, LSP8 : 106

2724th flight on 30 Sep
TD1 : 233, PV1: 242, PV3: 387, LSP1: 74, LSP3: 227, LSP5: 278, TD2 : 305, PV2: 222, PV5: 63, LSP2: 294, LSP4: 141, LSP7: 123, NP1: 25, LSP8 : 110

2748th flight on 16 Oct
TD1 : 233, PV1: 242, PV3: 387, LSP1: 74, LSP3: 231, LSP5: 278, TD2 : 305, PV2: 222, PV5: 64, LSP2: 294, LSP4: 152, LSP7: 130, NP1: 25, LSP8 : 111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom