What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parallel development should only be attempted when you have enough competent teams. I'd prefer the planners put the best resources on LCA and may be a small investigation team for the tough ones.
But then again you have too many people not doing anything... you must as well put them on everything but the critical ones.

Thats my fear.
They should have tried to develop radar,irst etc for the mk2 rather than going for amca at the same time.
Guess some people never learn:coffee:

Not even usa can attempt to pull out all these different projects at the same time:crazy:

Once the airframe designers finished with Lca , naturally they would want to move up..
People who design radar an irst would be different ..
So we cannot make airframe designers to wait.. Instead we should buy off the shelf radars and all till they catch up..

Once the airframe designers finished with Lca , naturally they would want to move up..
People who design radar an irst would be different ..
So we cannot make airframe designers to wait.. Instead we should buy off the shelf radars and all till they catch up..

Wrong strategy,,,very very wrong.
making the electronics in the plane is the hardest part,,,,,we need to catch up in that area first.

Also we are getting rafale and pakfa so whats the hurry on amca??
They should just focus on mk2

Now what shall we do with aeronautical engineers who design airframes?
Force them to do major corrections in mk2 ? And repeat whole testing again
4 the generation is on its way out.. Why spend time there instead experimenting on AMCA at least will advance us in future..

Btw we can concentrate back on LCA in future upgrades when electronics matures..

Now what shall we do with aeronautical engineers who design airframes?
Force them to do major corrections in mk2 ? And repeat whole testing again
4 the generation is on its way out.. Why spend time there instead experimenting on AMCA at least will advance us in future..

Btw we can concentrate back on LCA in future upgrades when electronics matures..

Again u are missing the point.

Have they even made 1 frame for mk2 yet??no
Has lca mk1 got foc yet??no

So why the hell are we rushing to amca when we haven't even started producing the mk1 in final configuratiion yet??
You want us to continue the same mistakes we have been doing in past 10 years?

I don't think LCA mk 1 airframe will get any changes ...since 20 IOC standard already frozen and only 20 Foc standard needs to be produced..

Unless significant IOC standard LCA flies and gives feedback about shortcomings and improvements needed ... Foc standard cannot be frozen .. Which means either Foc not going happen any time soon or airframe has already satisfied to an extent...

We need to concentrate on LCA mk 2 .. Agreed..
From the rush to AMCA design , I presume design changes for mk 2 is either completed or on the verge of it..
They need to built it ..
GE F414 engine is supposed to be delivered this year.. Considering both and need for a year to build a prototype,I am assuming 2016 will be the year mk 2 flies..

However I am not sure when Foc going to happen for mk1..
Any expert view on this ? Does mk 2 designing need mk1 to attain FOC ?
Can't we skip miles stones?

Two things can be a guide to the judgement of timeline
1. FOC of mk 1
2. Engine delivery for mk 2.

These two will be known to the world ...

I don't think LCA mk 1 airframe will get any changes ...since 20 IOC standard already frozen and only 20 Foc standard needs to be produced..

Unless significant IOC standard LCA flies and gives feedback about shortcomings and improvements needed ... Foc standard cannot be frozen .. Which means either Foc not going happen any time soon or airframe has already satisfied to an extent...

We need to concentrate on LCA mk 2 .. Agreed..
From the rush to AMCA design , I presume design changes for mk 2 is either completed or on the verge of it..
They need to built it ..
GE F414 engine is supposed to be delivered this year.. Considering both and need for a year to build a prototype,I am assuming 2016 will be the year mk 2 flies..

However I am not sure when Foc going to happen for mk1..
Any expert view on this ? Does mk 2 designing need mk1 to attain FOC ?
Can't we skip miles stones?

Two things can be a guide to the judgement of timeline
1. FOC of mk 1
2. Engine delivery for mk 2.

These two will be known to the world ...

Would u even believe what the HAL says now??
I won't for one

2623th flight on 28 June
TD1 : 233,PV1: 242,PV3: 382,LSP1: 74,LSP3: 202,LSP5: 270
TD2 : 305,PV2: 222,PV5: 49,LSP2: 294,LSP4: 125,LSP7: 112
NP1: 25,LSP8 : 88

To
2654th flight on 22 July
TD1 : 233,PV1: 242,PV3: 383,LSP1: 74,LSP3: 213,LSP5: 276
TD2 : 305,PV2: 222,PV5: 51,LSP2: 294,LSP4: 128,LSP7: 115
NP1: 25,LSP8 : 93

Oh,,,man
Looks like well.................modi effect.

To be frank here though where is the money gonna come from for amca??
I mean lca mk1+2
pakfa
rafale
amca

Seems rather presumptious don't u think??
First we must focus on developing lca mk2,,,then only amca should come into the picture

To be true we can keep discussing these things for years as we have been doing but what really matters is the actual people doing the work. If they are relaxed and has no sense of urgency nothing's going to happen. LCA-MK2 was planned almost 6 years back...and the engines haven't arrived yet. MK-1 hasn't got the FOC, and is again delayed. AMCA is a distant dream....

To be true we can keep discussing these things for years as we have been doing but what really matters is the actual people doing the work. If they are relaxed and has no sense of urgency nothing's going to happen. LCA-MK2 was planned almost 6 years back...and the engines haven't arrived yet. MK-1 hasn't got the FOC, and is again delayed. AMCA is a distant dream....

True that.
That was the true intent of my post.

Engine contract was signed in 2013 only with first 24 direct purchase and rest tot built in India
Delivery is supposed to start in 2014..
I think everyone agrees US delivers developed products on time..

Engine was selected in 2010, and they wasted 2 years on negotiations ... Damn we negotiate as if time never worries us don't we ?

Last edited:
Engine contract was signed in 2013 only with first 24 direct purchase and rest tot built in India
Delivery is supposed to start in 2014..
I think everyone agrees US delivers developed products on time..

Engine was selected in 2010, and they wasted 2 years on negotiations ... Damn we negotiate as if time never worries us don't we ?
Is this an authentic news that only 24 GE414 engines will be bought off the shelf n rest will be built in house with a total Transfer of technology ..i mean 4th gen single crystal blade, metellargy n all the stuff

Is this an authentic news that only 24 GE414 engines will be bought off the shelf n rest will be built in house with a total Transfer of technology ..i mean 4th gen single crystal blade, metellargy n all the stuff

The US will never transfer any technology to India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom