What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2014-6-19_10-30-37.png

Export....whom?? Will somebody buy a fighter from DRDO who is finding it difficult to induct LCA into the IAF. The MK-2 is now delayed by 5 years....MK-1 still struggling to get inducted. I mean why not speak less and concentrate on working and delivering things on time and not increasing the budget after every delay.

Export....whom?? Will somebody buy a fighter from DRDO who is finding it difficult to induct LCA into the IAF. The MK-2 is now delayed by 5 years....MK-1 still struggling to get inducted. I mean why not speak less and concentrate on working and delivering things on time and not increasing the budget after every delay.
that seems impossible for them to do........

Well you are no different than an Indian defence journos.IAF GSQR is just too stringent which even red flagged F16 and F18,forget about LCA.When LCA mk1 get certified per FOC,it is more than enough for smaller coubtries like Ecudor, colombia,vietnam etc to do the air patrolling and give CAS to any breakout.Now at the cost of 26milion$ ,u get a brand new aircraft with world class systems also the data available in general is transparent compare to many contemporary planes in same class available with rigged or boasted data.:P

If DSI intake is so good in reducing RCS, why don't LCA mk2 utilize it? we are redesigning it anyway.

If DSI intake is so good in reducing RCS, why don't LCA mk2 utilize it? we are redesigning it anyway.

Because it has no relation to reducing the RCS, but is a feature to improve the engine performance. The common claim that it hides the engine is just BS, since all the fighters that uses DSI have ducted air intakes for exatly that reason. Btw, we are not re-designing the air intake of MK2, reportedly the inlet will just be enlarged to a minor extend, but lets wait and see, if that turns out as a false claim by ADA/DRDO too.

Because it has no relation to reducing the RCS, but is a feature to improve the engine performance. The common claim that it hides the engine is just BS, since all the fighters that uses DSI have ducted air intakes for exatly that reason.

where do u read this stuff pal?? ever woner why LO stealth planes like f-35, j-20 and j-31 all using this intake design? i guess they will all have to reconsider their strategy since u rated it BS..lol

FAST HISTORY: LOCKHEED’S DIVERTERLESS SUPERSONIC INLET TESTBED F-16 | AviationIntel.com

Well you are no different than an Indian defence journos.IAF GSQR is just too stringent which even red flagged F16 and F18,forget about LCA.When LCA mk1 get certified per FOC,it is more than enough for smaller coubtries like Ecudor, colombia,vietnam etc to do the air patrolling and give CAS to any breakout.Now at the cost of 26milion$ ,u get a brand new aircraft with world class systems also the data available in general is transparent compare to many contemporary planes in same class available with rigged or boasted data.:P

DRDO claim on LCA export premature: Former top IAF officers | idrw.org
Isn't it the same thing that I pointed out. Well this thread has been running since 2006-7 if I am not wrong...and we are yet to induct a squadron in the MK-1 config...forget the MK-2.

This is a promise...I won't post a single comment +ve or -ve on LCA until IAF has an operational squadron. Lets see how many years I have to wait.

where do u read this stuff pal?? ever woner why LO stealth planes like f-35, j-20 and j-31 all using this intake design?

From reliable sources like this for example:
Code One Magazine: JSF Diverterless Supersonic Inlet

And I would suggest to read and understand before commenting on it, since you neither have understood what your own source says about the goal of DSI:
Diverterless inlet technology utilizes a hump on the inboard side of a jet intake along with a forward swept outer intake fairing to separate boundary layer air and to slow down airflow reaching the jet’s engine face during supersonic maneuvers.

It does this without moving parts and allows for the deletion of heavy and complicated intake diverters, intake ramps and cones.

nor why this feature is used on JF17, J10B, J20, J31 and F35, while it isn't in the Eurocanards, The F22, T50/Pak Fa, ATD-X designs.

And I would suggest to read and understand before commenting on it, since you neither have understood what your own source says about the goal of DSI:

nor why this feature is used on JF17, J10B, J20, J31 and F35, while it isn't in the Eurocanards, The F22, T50/Pak Fa, ATD-X designs.

Basic thing about DSI is that it helps prevent compressor stall due to boundary layer air. Helps in decelerating plane. No effect on maneuverability though.

dont tell me code one magazine know more about the dsi than its designers,you need to bring more than a magazine to support your claim.
lastly, i dont appreciate condescending tone so watch out in future. either bring proof or remain quiet on things you have little idea about.

dont tell me code one magazine know more about the dsi than its designers,you need to bring more than a magazine to support your claim.
lastly, i dont appreciate condescending tone so watch out in future. either bring proof or remain quiet on things you have little idea about.

The logic behind the DSI as stated by Code about separation of boundary layer flow by One magazine is certainly true, irrespective of whether it enhances stealth or not. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know, but knowledge of fluid engineering certainly helps.

The same principle is used in a large number of other projects, though I concede not by such a fancy name. We use it even for submerged structures.

So when you do decide to launch a tirade against something, you better know what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom