What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saab Partnership could have Helped Tejas Mk-2 | idrw.org
LCAMK-2_zps7fabfbbf.jpg

With the Tejas Mk2 developed, we would have caught up with Sweden in sophistication of aeronautical industry and can look forward to catching up with others.

Saab Partnership could have Helped Tejas Mk-2 | idrw.org
LCAMK-2_zps7fabfbbf.jpg

With the Tejas Mk2 developed, we would have caught up with Sweden in sophistication of aeronautical industry and can look forward to catching up with others.
No way would SAAB have helped develop a fighter that could potentially compete with their Gripen on the export market (which is competitive enough as is).

Additionally a Gripen win in the MMRCA program would have killed off the LCA project for good.

Yet more hot air from the IDRW chaps...

No way would SAAB have helped develop a fighter that could potentially compete with their Gripen on the export market (which is competitive enough as is).

Additionally a Gripen win in the MMRCA program would have killed off the LCA project for good.

Yet more hot air from the IDRW chaps...

You are misinterpreting.Nowhere it is mentioned in the article that not partnering with Saab was a bad idea.
I am merely giving my opinion that India will catch up with Swedish aeronautical industry by the time Tejas Mk 2 gets FOC which is huge achievement.

Dosen't matter if we partner them or not,,,majority of the stuff on this bird is imported only.
Thats the area to focus but sadly no one gives a damn

Dosen't matter if we partner them or not,,,majority of the stuff on this bird is imported only.
Thats the area to focus but sadly no one gives a damn

Depends on where the priority is. If you want to brag about indigenous techs, you don't give a dams, but if you want LCA as a project to be successful, you do, because we need help in certain areas were we messed up. That's why an LCA with foreign techs and partners, but good performance, is clearly preferable over an LCA that is highly delayed and with medicore performance at max, but 100% indigenous techs.

Depends on where the priority is. If you want to brag about indigenous techs, you don't give a dams, but if you want LCA as a project to be successful, you do, because we need help in certain areas were we messed up. That's why an LCA with foreign techs and partners, but good performance, is clearly preferable over an LCA that is highly delayed and with medicore performance at max, but 100% indigenous techs.

the problem is even after importing half the stuff we are nowhere on lca even now.
i think thats worrying,,,we cannot even assemble stuff properly

the problem is even after importing half the stuff we are nowhere on lca even now.
i think thats worrying,,,we cannot even assemble stuff properly

Wrong again, because we have no issue with the imported parts (HMS, LDP...), but with the parts that we did on our own (design, radar, engine...).

Wrong again, because we have no issue with the imported parts (HMS, LDP...), but with the parts that we did on our own (design, radar, engine...).

lol,,,means the same thing

drdo/hal incompetncy,one way or the other

Less baseless claims ("we cannot even assemble stuff properly"), more facts, that would make me happy! :-)

u refuse to see the facts,,,i am not to be blamed for that dude.
if we could assemble stuff properly,,,everything would be fine.

sadly its not that easy,it seems

u refuse to see the facts,,,i am not to be blamed for that dude.
if we could assemble stuff properly,,,everything would be fine.

:lol: Again, all foreign parts that we use are fully integrated and are working fine, starting from the Israeli HMS and LDP, the Russian missiles or the US engine.
The problem is our own development side, where we have clear problems and a lack of know how in aircraft design (visible also in Saras, Sitara or some helicopter projects), radar or engine developments. That's exactly why we have de-linked Kaveri from the project, why it is likely that the MK1 also will use a foreign radar and not the indigenous one and why it would be better for LCA MK2 to not do the same mistake again to "hope" for an indigenous AESA development. We have to get the fighter projects done in both versions and taking proven and available foreign parts off the shelf, will reduce the risk of delays or failure.

So you must be blamed about the nonsense you talk about the first part, even if you might agree on the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom