What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Your Politicians and Defence Establishment will agree with you. Not unless there pockets are filled with precious Contract Rupees these INDEGINEOUS projects bring.
You can either get results from Private sector like USA and Europe or a Strictly Checked and Ruthlessly Monitored Public Sector Like China or Former Soviet Union.
This conglomerate of Inefficient and corrupt Politicized Public sector will not take you any where.
That why an Indian Scientist in Lockheed Martin or Boing does wonders but in HAL or DRDO brings dissappointment after dissappointment.

i already know that but u must know this time the government is not the stupid leftist congress but right wing bjp with majority of its own.

change is assured this time

u make it very simplistic,,,,very simplistic indeed.

Plain reality and you have no idea how disturbing it is for me, to be on the same side as DRDO and even Ajay Shukla on this regard (although he has other resonings). :fie:

1) r&d needs money and we have none at the moment.

Wrong, DRDO officials just stated a few weeks back, that funding of R&D projects was never an issue. In fact the government and even Antony were imo too easy with providing money for the wishes of the forces and the industry. Things like N-LCA or now AMCA, that don't offer any operational gain, but were or would be funded without any issue and when BJP hikes the defence budget to 25%, it also clearly shows that money is not the problem

2)r&d needs competent companies and facilities and we lack both

Partially right, we have the companies, but either do the developments too complicated, or not aimed of efficiency. I agree on the facilities though, but then again, SAMTEL is the best prove that we can do it in India, if we want to and if the commit ourselfs to it.
They have developed know how and experience over the years, that made them to a credibile indigenous alternative to HAL and foreign companies in the avionics field and are improving themselfs now, with JVs that gets them not only production parts but credible input of know how!

Answer this, which company do you believe will gain more for future indigenous developments? Reliance that is aimed to manufacture the wings of Rafale under the JV with Dassault, or Samtel that might provide HMS, IRST electro-optics and MFDs under their JV with Thales?

We all know that Reliance has more money as a company and hopefully starts putting it into indigenous R&D, but from do you really think they will gain much know how for the future and for the benefit of Indian fighter projects, by producing wings?
Samtel has by far less money for R&D, but will gain for sure much more since they have JVs on credible techs and with higher technical gain for the future and that is exactly what JV's, co-development as well as FDI should bring to India, not only money and jobs at the production end (although these are needed as well of course)!

3)we need private participation and they will do it only if the investment is safe for returns which is not the case here right now at all.therefore they need to tie up with others to stand up first

Yes we need privat Indian industry to participate, but how can the returns be not safe, when India is the biggest defence market even today? They have to take this as a chance and develop and produce more for the Indian requirement, which they didn't so far and that's why the former MoD and DM changed to procurement policies to a forced team up of foreign vendors with Indian counterparts. An excellent decision, which needs to be followed, but not by diverting only minor production to the Indian partners, while the important stuff remains to be developed and build abbroad.

4)drdo and hal had enough time but when u achieve a big 0 in most of the projects

And I am the first one to support that! BUT, then we need even more focus on getting alternatives in the R&D sector and not more alternatives in the production sector only.
I would love to see that TATA would be able to produce the Avro replacement, the additional Pilatus trainers, or even the foreign LUH's, because that frees HAL from too many projects and gives Indian forces and alternative in the aero sector, which we currently simply don't have, because none of the private players so far has invested much in production capabilities for Indian demands, let alone in R&D of the defence aero sector. So as long as they don't start to take Indian defence seriously and see the potential for them selfs, we simply are dependent on DRDO and HAL!
That's why we need a stronger stand and focus on efficiency towards DRDO, HAL and Co and at the same time create new alternatives via Indian or foreign players wrt to R&D and not replacing the one for the other!

In ideal world i agree FDI will not be a good option

I didn't said it's bad, on the contrary it is important! But in a reasonable ammount and with remaining control of the projects and requirements on the Indian side!

Plain reality and you have no idea how disturbing it is for me, to be on the same side as DRDO and even Ajay Shukla on this regard (although he has other resonings). :fie:

Wrong, DRDO officials just stated a few weeks back, that funding of R&D projects was never an issue. In fact the government and even Antony were imo too easy with providing money for the wishes of the forces and the industry. Things like N-LCA or now AMCA, that don't offer any operational gain, but were or would be funded without any issue and when BJP hikes the defence budget to 25%, it also clearly shows that money is not the problem

Partially right, we have the companies, but either do the developments too complicated, or not aimed of efficiency. I agree on the facilities though, but then again, SAMTEL is the best prove that we can do it in India, if we want to and if the commit ourselfs to it.
They have developed know how and experience over the years, that made them to a credibile indigenous alternative to HAL and foreign companies in the avionics field and are improving themselfs now, with JVs that gets them not only production parts but credible input of know how!

Answer this, which company do you believe will gain more for future indigenous developments? Reliance that is aimed to manufacture the wings of Rafale under the JV with Dassault, or Samtel that might provide HMS, IRST electro-optics and MFDs under their JV with Thales?

We all know that Reliance has more money as a company and hopefully starts putting it into indigenous R&D, but from do you really think they will gain much know how for the future and for the benefit of Indian fighter projects, by producing wings?
Samtel has by far less money for R&D, but will gain for sure much more since they have JVs on credible techs and with higher technical gain for the future and that is exactly what JV's, co-development as well as FDI should bring to India, not only money and jobs at the production end (although these are needed as well of course)!

Yes we need privat Indian industry to participate, but how can the returns be not safe, when India is the biggest defence market even today? They have to take this as a chance and develop and produce more for the Indian requirement, which they didn't so far and that's why the former MoD and DM changed to procurement policies to a forced team up of foreign vendors with Indian counterparts. An excellent decision, which needs to be followed, but not by diverting only minor production to the Indian partners, while the important stuff remains to be developed and build abbroad.

And I am the first one to support that! BUT, then we need even more focus on getting alternatives in the R&D sector and not more alternatives in the production sector only.
I would love to see that TATA would be able to produce the Avro replacement, the additional Pilatus trainers, or even the foreign LUH's, because that frees HAL from too many projects and gives Indian forces and alternative in the aero sector, which we currently simply don't have, because none of the private players so far has invested much in production capabilities for Indian demands, let alone in R&D of the defence aero sector. So as long as they don't start to take Indian defence seriously and see the potential for them selfs, we simply are dependent on DRDO and HAL!
That's why we need a stronger stand and focus on efficiency towards DRDO, HAL and Co and at the same time create new alternatives via Indian or foreign players wrt to R&D and not replacing the one for the other!

I didn't said it's bad, on the contrary it is important! But in a reasonable ammount and with remaining control of the projects and requirements on the Indian side!

Dude u seem to be having no idea on how cash strapped we really are,not at all.
The growth rate was just 4.5 pc this year and its expected to be same for at least a year,so priority of the government right now is not r&d by any means.

The priority for the next 5 years will be to revive the investment cycle and build the infrastructure while filling the shortfalls on the defence at the earliest.

So the path u are suggesting is not possible for at least the time we get the growth to 8-9 pc mark,,,,we cannot invest huge money on r&d,its as simple as that.

On ur question of why returns not being safe,tatas or mahindras or etc can make any product they like but at the end of the day they have to compete with the international competition in open process or armed forces must get a good product,here is the problem,,,,these companies simply cannot compete with international competition in anything really,nothing at all.So we have only one option,IF WE HAVE TO PURSUE UR LINE

That we start acquiring desi products without any open and fair tender process without issuing tender to foreign companies which will again make these companies lax in the long run and is a really bad idea.
So the only option we have is FDI...........at least for the short run,yes.

i agree on this fully,,,it has to be regulated properly

The growth rate was just 4.5 pc this year and its expected to be same for at least a year,so priority of the

Not really, since early this year all predictions show increase of growth between 5 and 6% this year and up to 7% possibly by next year. Our defence spendings and fundings for R&D projects never went down, all we saw in the last few years was a slightly reduced increase, but it still was an increase every year. So money was and is not a problem, but only an excuse when things didn't worked out!

On ur question of why returns not being safe,tatas or mahindras or etc can make any product they like but at the end of the day they have to compete with the international competition in open process or armed forces must get a good product,here is the problem,,,,these companies simply cannot compete with international competition in anything really,nothing at all.

Again, why do they need to look abroad, when the biggest defence market is their homeland? They of course have not the know how to propose own developments without partners, but that's why privat companies form JVs, partnerships or simply take over foreign companies. Take the Kalyani group as another example how it works, IF the privat industry puts an effort in to provide something for the Indian defence market. They took over a foreign howitzer maker and now offer the gun as their own to the Indian Army. No 100% FDI needed, no production for foreign vendors needed, not a decade of R&D needed...

Not really, since early this year all predictions show increase of growth between 5 and 6% this year and up to 7% possibly by next year. Our defence spendings and fundings for R&D projects never went down, all we saw in the last few years was a slightly reduced increase, but it still was an increase every year. So money was and is not a problem, but only an excuse when things didn't worked out!

Again, why do they need to look abroad, when the biggest defence market is their homeland? They of course have not the know how to propose own developments without partners, but that's why privat companies form JVs, partnerships or simply take over foreign companies. Take the Kalyani group as another example how it works, IF the privat industry puts an effort in to provide something for the Indian defence market. They took over a foreign howitzer maker and now offer the gun as their own to the Indian Army. No 100% FDI needed, no production for foreign vendors needed, not a decade of R&D needed...

go and read ur comments 6 months back or 1 year back on growth rate,,,then read mine.
mine proved correct and that will be the case this time too.

we need at least a year more to breech 5 percent if everything goes well,,thats how it is.

on private companies,,,,,can we force them do something which they obviously deem as a risky proposition??!!
we just cannot do that,,,if they want to do that,then its the best option.

are they doing it??no

u think i didn't know that??
i got 8 negative ratings debating klj-7 radar,see the link urself.

its a small radar and not very good one.
on aesa,yes j-10 b is carrying one.

its too late for that,we have missed the bus.
fdi will revive both defence industry and economy
I did see you "speculating" on its radar and refusing to accept the general officer in barge of the programes statement.. N not to forget trolling ..

As for being a blind JF fan .. Nope I'm not .. Truth is that of right now JFT block I is/was comparable to gripen not block52+ or NG or any other such advanced fighter.. But it's evolving into another f-16 .. A modern new gen light multi role fighter ..

I did see you "speculating" on its radar and refusing to accept the general officer in barge of the programes statement.. N not to forget trolling ..

As for being a blind JF fan .. Nope I'm not .. Truth is that of right now JFT block I is/was comparable to gripen not block52+ or NG or any other such advanced fighter.. But it's evolving into another f-16 .. A modern new gen light multi role fighter ..

i provided this

attachment.php

if u guys cannot digest the truth,its none of my problem.

and i never speculate,i provide irrefutable proof

i provided this

attachment.php

if u guys cannot digest the truth,its none of my problem.

and i never speculate,i provide irrefutable proof

An old cetc pamphlet ? How original .. Considering the new radar v2 is produced by PAC .. And they gave you the statement of the JF programs chief incharge..

image.jpg

A half made fighter inducted into service is very shortsighted on PAF's part. Maybe that's why PAF has learnt from IAF and has stopped commissioning JF 17 squadrons since 2010 in order to wait till plane reaches minimum operational capability or IOC.

Two squadrons of 20 jets have been inducted, while third one is due anytime now. They are all fully combat capable, unlike the paper plane LCA.

Go troll somewhere else.

An old cetc pamphlet ? How original .. Considering the new radar v2 is produced by PAC .. And they gave you the statement of the JF programs chief incharge..

really??
produced by pac??

there was a chinese cutout and no one can understand what that reads.
it was claimed that klj-7v2 or whatever has a range of 130 km for 5 m2 which i feel highly unbelieveable as zhuk me of mig-29k has 120 km range and so has apg-69v9 desbite both of them being considerably heavier than klj-7

really??
produced by pac??

there was a chinese cutout and no one can understand what that reads.
it was claimed that klj-7v2 or whatever has a range of 130 km for 5 m2 which i feel highly unbelieveable as zhuk me of mig-29k has 120 km range and so has apg-69v9 desbite both of them being considerably heavier than klj-7

Yes kiddo .. Complete avionics of JFT are produced by KARF-PAC .. Klj since 2010 ..

Here is a pic of the radar (V2)? produced by them ..:

image.jpg

Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom