What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No .. You better view the JFT thread or remain ignorant..

Beside what happened to the "milestones" reguarding lca? The 50km radar range n so on?

dude i know more than u,,,i am not a tejas *** licker like u are a blind jf-17 fan.
both tejas and jf-17 are small fry,difference being that jf-17 is ur frontline fighter along with f-16

it must be allowed,drdo has had enough time.
they have achieved zilch except missiles and maybe to a small degree in sonars

I believe the DRDO has performed reasonably well. However, the solution to our defense needs would not be FDI but involving the private sector and the educational institutes in the development process.

No .. You better view the JFT thread or remain ignorant..

The JFT is a Chinese fighter plane. Even if it is as awesome as you claim it is (it is not) it is still Chinese.

J-10s are already carrying AESAs.. V2 is also a joint development from kjl7 .. European firms are also offering AESAs .. Italians pitched vixen aesa in the past .. A pod is also under development with a unknown European firm..

u think i didn't know that??
i got 8 negative ratings debating klj-7 radar,see the link urself.

its a small radar and not very good one.
on aesa,yes j-10 b is carrying one.

I believe the DRDO has performed reasonably well. However, the solution to our defense needs would not be FDI but involving the private sector and the educational institutes in the development process.

its too late for that,we have missed the bus.
fdi will revive both defence industry and economy

u think i didn't know that??
i got 8 negative ratings debating klj-7 radar,see the link urself.

its a small radar and not very good one.
on aesa,yes j-10 b is carrying one.

its too late for that,we have missed the bus.
fdi will revive both defence industry and economy

you going to answer my question or not? Or you moving on from your statement?

same old speculations from u.

Nope, that's what the officals for both fighters say, personally I have my doubts on when the MK2 will get AESA, which is why I would prefer the Rafale AESA for LCA MK2 as well, but the fact remains, that both are aimed to be in the 4.5th generation, based on what their manufacturers plan.

on a serious note,with fdi likely to be pushed to 74-100 percent it will be a death knell for any future planned drdo indigenous equipment

I'm against it too, but that's what most of you voted for. Creating jobs in India, by getting more "production" to India, not improving R&D of Indian industry and increasing the competition in this field.

you going to answer my question or not? Or you moving on from your statement?
FDI will lead to partnerships between indian and foreign companies and indirectly we will be getting their stuff,,,,only difference may be that stuff will be produced in india generating lot of employment

Nope, that's what the officals for both fighters say, personally I have my doubts on when the MK2 will get AESA, which is why I would prefer the Rafale AESA for LCA MK2 as well, but the fact remains, that both are aimed to be in the 4.5th generation, based on what their manufacturers plan.

I'm against it too, but that's what most of you voted for. Creating jobs in India, by getting more "production" to India, not improving R&D of Indian industry and increasing the competition in this field.

drdo was not exactly doing anything in this field either.
we are too late in the day now,,,,,FDI will be a reality although i expect it to be with specific clauses

FDI will lead to partnerships between indian and foreign companies and indirectly we will be getting their stuff,,,,only difference may be that stuff will be produced in india generating lot of employment

This is the same statement during the 1990's, but after that the Indian Private Co. got more benefit from it rather than foreign one.

BTW, did you read the whole new proposed DIPP policy? That in which circumstances a foreign co. can raise its share in Indian one?

This is the same statement during the 1990's, but after that the Indian Private Co. got more benefit from it rather than foreign one.

BTW, did you read the whole new proposed DIPP policy? That in which circumstances a foreign co. can raise its share in Indian one?

its just a speculated policy....we will find out the truth in july after the budget session.
100 percent fdi will be permitted with complete tot i think

its just a speculated policy....we will find out the truth in july after the budget session.
100 percent fdi will be permitted with complete tot i think

That one is purely authentic? And I am not asking your own thinking. Come from MoD. BTW, did you read it or not? In which circumstances a co. can raise its share in Indian one?

That one is purely authentic? And I am not asking your own thinking. Come from MoD. BTW, did you read it or not? In which circumstances a co. can raise its share in Indian one?
no man i just read in a newspaper,,,,i would need to read it before commenting.

but whatever be the specific provisions,drdo is gonna suffer.
we on the other hand will benefit as private players will form big partnerships with foreign defence firms and thats good only.

no man i just read in a newspaper,,,,i would need to read it before commenting.

but whatever be the specific provisions,drdo is gonna suffer.
we on the other hand will benefit as private players will form big partnerships with foreign defence firms and thats good only.

DRDO is a state run department, and I dont give a shit about it, currently it has total monopoly, and it fucking the Indian defense really hard.

Some Co. need to break its monopoly over market, it need to be competitive to remain in market.

BTW, the new DIPP states, if a full technology transfer going on then a foreign co. can raise its share to 74% and if it producing a state-of-an-art technology then 100%.

And its good, it also motivate Indian private co., see Pipavav goa, this co. spends billions of dollars on upgradation, hope it will get some major contract- like light size frigates. But now it is in huge debt. And L&T, it designing hull for arihant, but govt. still afraiding to give contract to them. And the case of Tata and Mahindra is also same.

DRDO is a state run department, and I dont give a shit about it, currently it has total monopoly, and it fucking the Indian defense really hard.

Some Co. need to break its monopoly over market, it need to be competitive to remain in market.

BTW, the new DIPP states, if a full technology transfer going on then a foreign co. can raise its share to 74% and if it producing a state-of-an-art technology then 100%.

And its good, it also motivate Indian private co., see Pipavav goa, this co. spends billions of dollars on upgradation, hope it will get some major contract- like light size frigates. But now it is in huge debt. And L&T, it designing hull for arihant, but govt. still afraiding to give contract to them. And the case of Tata and Mahindra is also same.

i am totally with u on this,
drdo and hal have fucked us completely.

not to forget the stupid and lacklustre ordnance factory board doing nothing for decades alltogether

FDI will be a reality although i expect it to be with specific clauses

FDI is already reality and not bad as such, but only as long as the Indian side had more to say and more to gain, it is good for the country. But when the only aim is, to create a basic manufacturing industry (which afaik didn't even worked in Gujarat), we only open more space for outsourcing production parts of foreign vendors to India. But producing non critical parts, won't make us more capable on the R&D side. That is only possible when we gain know how and experience in "developing" techs and capabilities, preferably with a foreign partner. China is the king when it comes to production, but still lacks behind in R&D, which is why they remain to be dependent on Russian inputs or reverse engineering. HAL produces F18SH airframe parts, which doesn't make them more capabe to design even basic trainers, TATA is producing credible ammounts of airframe parts of western helicopters, but can't develop an own helicopter anytime soon... ... ..., all examples that shows, that basic manufactruing is not a solution to make our aero industry any better, nor to make us more independent from imports we might produce more nuts and bolts in India, which however were developed abroad)!
Specific clauses for what exactly?

FDI is already reality and not bad as such, but only as long as the Indian side had more to say and more to gain, it is good for the country. But when the only aim is, to create a basic manufacturing industry (which afaik didn't even worked in Gujarat), we only open more space for outsourcing production parts of foreign vendors to India. But producing non critical parts, won't make us more capable on the R&D side. That is only possible when we gain know how and experience in "developing" techs and capabilities, preferably with a foreign partner. China is the king when it comes to production, but still lacks behind in R&D, which is why they remain to be dependent on Russian inputs or reverse engineering. HAL produces F18SH airframe parts, which doesn't make them more capabe to design even basic trainers, TATA is producing credible ammounts of airframe parts of western helicopters, but can't develop an own helicopter anytime soon... ... ..., all examples that shows, that basic manufactruing is not a solution to make our aero industry any better, nor to make us more independent from imports we might produce more nuts and bolts in India, which however were developed abroad)!
Specific clauses for what exactly?

u make it very simplistic,,,,very simplistic indeed.

1)r&d needs money and we have none at the moment.
2)r&d needs competent companies and facilities and we lack both
3)we need private participation and they will do it only if the investment is safe for returns which is not the case here right now at all.therefore they need to tie up with others to stand up first

4)drdo and hal had enough time but when u achieve a big 0 in most of the projects except missiles and sonars then there is something fundamentally wrong an indeed it is.n organization that cannot even independently manufacture a simple mechanical pulse doppler radar is incapable of anything good.

In ideal world i agree FDI will not be a good option but right now we are not in any ideal situation.
We have to revive the investment cycle and also speed up the acquisitions while generating jobs too.
Thats why fdi is important.
The solutions u are giving are perfectly fine except that it will take at least 5 years for the effects to be felt if they are implemented today in college education etc but we are simply out of time.

Time is over for HAL and DRDO.....................its the beginning of the end for these behemoths,although it may take another decade for private industry to replace these due to disinvestment of these

u make it very simplistic,,,,very simplistic indeed.

1)r&d needs money and we have none at the moment.
2)r&d needs competent companies and facilities and we lack both
3)we need private participation and they will do it only if the investment is safe for returns which is not the case here right now at all.therefore they need to tie up with others to stand up first

4)drdo and hal had enough time but when u achieve a big 0 in most of the projects except missiles and sonars then there is something fundamentally wrong an indeed it is.n organization that cannot even independently manufacture a simple mechanical pulse doppler radar is incapable of anything good.

In ideal world i agree FDI will not be a good option but right now we are not in any ideal situation.
We have to revive the investment cycle and also speed up the acquisitions while generating jobs too.
Thats why fdi is important.
The solutions u are giving are perfectly fine except that it will take at least 5 years for the effects to be felt if they are implemented today in college education etc but we are simply out of time.

Time is over for HAL and DRDO.....................its the beginning of the end for these behemoths,although it may take another decade for private industry to replace these due to disinvestment of these
I dont think Your Politicians and Defence Establishment will agree with you. Not unless there pockets are filled with precious Contract Rupees these INDEGINEOUS projects bring.
You can either get results from Private sector like USA and Europe or a Strictly Checked and Ruthlessly Monitored Public Sector Like China or Former Soviet Union.
This conglomerate of Inefficient and corrupt Politicized Public sector will not take you any where.
That why an Indian Scientist in Lockheed Martin or Boing does wonders but in HAL or DRDO brings dissappointment after dissappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom