What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
tejas pe mat karo time bekaaar............... kyoki abki baar modi sarkaaaaaaaaaar

Tejas needs AESA radar and advanced airframe design like DSI to qualify as 4+ gen like J-10B is.

There is best explanation on DSI by Gambit, Please read that.
J10B AESA Radar is experimental,
LCA Airframe is good for its role..

Lets not talk about J10B.. Its chinese maal. No one knows the truth about Chinese maal.

@sancho hi, what is your opinion for Popeye turbo ALCM for LCA it can be carried at 3 hardpoints and has a range of 320 km and since Israel are not members of MTCR they can sell us weapons with range more than 300km? also there is a anti-ship version being developed and the air-launched version of Gabriel can be used.

And which is a better WVR missile R73 or Python-5?

Last edited:
@sancho hi, what is your opinion for Popeye turbo ALCM for LCA it can be carried at 3 hardpoints and has a range of 320 km and since Israel are not members of MTCR they can sell us weapons with range more than 300km? also there is a anti-ship version being developed and the air-launched version of Gabriel can be used.

And which is a better WVR missile R73 or Python-5?

Any heavy weapon would realistically only be carried on the centerline station, because the inner wingstations will be required to carry fuel tanks. IAF also have no need to use LCA for heavy strikes, so don't expect too much importance for such integrations.
So far it was speculated that LCA / N-LCA might get the Kh 35, which would mean commonality to Mig 29 UPGs and INs Mig 29Ks.
Python 5 clearly, but IAF seems to be happy with the R73 so far and the better choice to replace it, would be a SR missile based on Maitri as I stated last week.

Any heavy weapon would realistically only be carried on the centerline station, because the inner wingstations will be required to carry fuel tanks. IAF also have no need to use LCA for heavy strikes, so don't expect too much importance for such integrations.
So far it was speculated that LCA / N-LCA might get the Kh 35, which would mean commonality to Mig 29 UPGs and INs Mig 29Ks.
Python 5 clearly, but IAF seems to be happy with the R73 so far and the better choice to replace it, would be a SR missile based on Maitri as I stated last week.
Is the cost same for p5 and run?

@sancho any progress in the of JV Maitri.

Run? Don't know about the P5 costs.

Last were earlier this year, that the final decision is close, but the elections obviously delay things till the new government takes over.
Sorry R73 and p5

There is best explanation on DSI by Gambit, Please read that.
hi where is this explanation?

True but if we fund the integration of a cruise missile it will help export potential and as soon as drag issues are resolved we can try developing CFTs then 1< ALCM or other heavy weapons may be carried although being so small the range will never be equal to other jets of same class. Also why are we not developing a jet launched version of Nag you know JELINA or something? that'll greatly enhance CAS capability. I also think a JV for nex-gen Nimrod would be beneficial the missile can be used for CAS, SEAD, Maritime assault and Aerial Interdiction on enemy bunkers.

Last edited:
True but if we fund the integration of a cruise missile it will help export potential

Doubtful, because countries that are interested in light class fighters, mainly use them in air policing and basic strike roles. The addition of stand of bombs, anti ship missiles, or a recon pod will make it far more interesting thant a cruise missile.

as soon as drag issues are resolved we can try developing CFTs

No CFTs coming, the plan is to increase internal fuel, the question is only how much can be added.

Also why are we not developing a jet launched version of Nag

We are, HELINA, it's prime applications is meant to be combat helicopters and possibly drones, not sure if fighters will get it too, but I hope so. CAS will be a good role for LCA, where HELINA and Sudarshan would be nice and cost-effective weapons for it.

Don't know if this has been posted before but I haven't seen it:

LCA_in_assembly_line.jpg

HAL LCA assembly line.

they look really nice just wish we had 15 on the ramps getting ready and not two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom