What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes (725 to 800l, compared to 1200l of the bigger wing fuel tanks), because of the size limitations between the gears and gear bays. Any payload on the centerline station must fit behind the front gear and between the rear gear bays, therefor must have a certain lenght or width.
That's not a problem, Aim 120 for example can be used from the wingtip rails of the F16 too, the Aim 9 then will be carried at the external wingstation. So it's just a matter of the pylons and if used at the centerline stations of the MKI it might just change that. Astra is too long for the M2K fuselage stations and could be carried only at the inner wing stations, blocking a wet station and that is not going to happen anymore. IAF will use 2 larger fuel tanks in any mission now and MICAs at the fuselage stations.

What I'm saying is if we attach the missile at the fuselage station(at centre, forward position) firing will be a problem since there is another missile attached behind the same missile.
34gq729.jpg

What I'm saying is if we attach the missile at the fuselage station(at centre, forward position) firing will be a problem

I know, that's why I said, it's just a matter of the pylons that will be used on the hardpoint. If the Astra would be carried there, it would get pylons that drop it before launch of the propulsion.

After Long Time
Flight update:

2532th flight on 05 April
TD1 : 233 PV1: 242 PV3: 381 LSP1: 74 LSP3: 200 LSP5: 255
TD2 : 305 PV2: 222 PV5: 39 LSP2: 294 LSP4: 110 LSP7: 81
NP1: 19 LSP8 : 77

To:
2573th flight on 13 May
TD1 : 233 PV1: 242 PV3: 381 LSP1: 74 LSP3: 200 LSP5: 267
TD2 : 305 PV2: 222 PV5: 41 LSP2: 294 LSP4: 117 LSP7: 97
NP1: 22 LSP8 : 78

I know, that's why I said, it's just a matter of the pylons that will be used on the hardpoint. If the Astra would be carried there, it would get pylons that drop it before launch of the propulsion.

I wonder if we can develop a Stealthy gondola which can carry 5-6 LRAAM in a rotary mag in the underbelly? A la Silent eagle inspiration.

I wonder if we can develop a Stealthy gondola which can carry 5-6 LRAAM in a rotary mag in the underbelly? A la Silent eagle inspiration.

True, not that simple as it seems, when you see Boeing's and Dassault's developments in that area. For us there would also be the issue of not having useful plattforms to use such a pod. Neither MKI, Mig 29, M2K nor LCA can carry it at the centerline, because of size limitations. That leaves only pods for the wingstations as options, either for smaller loads or bigger with asymetric load configs and launch profiles, which makes it even more difficult.
Personally I would like us to see developing a modified weapon bay for MKIs centerline, that makes it able to carry at least a set of 4 x AAMs internally => Air superiority role completely clean!

True, not that simple as it seems, when you see Boeing's and Dassault's developments in that area. For us there would also be the issue of not having useful plattforms to use such a pod. Neither MKI, Mig 29, M2K nor LCA can carry it at the centerline, because of size limitations. That leaves only pods for the wingstations as options, either for smaller loads or bigger with asymetric load configs and launch profiles, which makes it even more difficult.
Personally I would like us to see developing a modified weapon bay for MKIs centerline, that makes it able to carry at least a set of 4 x AAMs internally => Air superiority role completely clean!
Jugaad Engineering Zindabaad...

Have they delivered the first two planes yet? 31st March was dead line and now it is mid May and have they started construction of 3rd and fourth one also?

Have they delivered the first two planes yet? 31st March was dead line and now it is mid May and have they started construction of 3rd and fourth one also?

You took my words and same question i was thinking to asked.

http://assets.overclock.net.s3.amazonaws.com/2/2e/2e3dbaee_vbattach147706.jpeg
something similar to this enclosed in a stealth gondola similar in length to a drop tank with a 1.5 kip rated under slung joint, I dont see why center-line wont be able to carry it.

http://assets.overclock.net.s3.amazonaws.com/2/2e/2e3dbaee_vbattach147706.jpeg
something similar to this enclosed in a stealth gondola similar in length to a drop tank with a 1.5 kip rated under slung joint, I dont see why center-line wont be able to carry it.

That would be far too big, since the rotor system and the diameter of each weapon would require too much space, unless you focus only on very small weapons.
The centerline stations on nearly all of our fighters have size limitations, the Russian fighters for example suffer from the lift desigh, with the station lying between the air intakes. The Mirage and LCA have their gear bays next to the centerline.

hdpvs44j.jpg

Hardly more than 400mm in width I would say, so hardly the space for 1 weapon (bomb, anti ship missile or so), which makes a rotor system not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom