What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know, the same roadblocks might have as today. forget engine.

It is not sure a design change might have accelerated the programme. After all French were consulted for the current LCAs too for number of problems. then came with the solution of new engine with more thrust.

Which is why I maintain.. even with a good successful aircraft.. the LCA concept as defined to its customers has not been successful. Simply because of the many hurdles and faults in the way. Just like the F-35.
But.. the reward of the LCA program is in the journey.. not the destination.

Which is why I maintain.. even with a good successful aircraft.. the LCA concept as defined to its customers has not been successful. Simply because of the many hurdles and faults in the way. Just like the F-35.

Nice post.
Rounded of with a nice vedantic philosophical note. :)

Nice post.
Rounded of with a nice vedantic philosophical note. :)

You may follow me on twitter for more brilliance :D
Considering I just started off with this tweeting thing.

Which brings me with a question on the N-LCA.. Where's the hook? I missed it in the pic.

Posting the relevant part from This thread.....

Anil Kumar Singh, who is also Project Director for the Active Electronically Scanning Array (AESA) radar, called it “an ambitious project”. The project was approved in January. The main role of the radar, which will be integrated with the fighter aircraft, is to direct the fire accurately from the aircraft. It will feature advanced electronic counter, counter measures (ECCMs). The radar will direct the fire from air-to-air, air-to-ground and air-to-sea missiles.

We have been hearing many rumors about AESA for LCA (Project Uttam); this is for the first time that we see an official accepting the presence of this program.

Looking at the recent trends (DRDO acknowledging a program only after it reaches a certain benchmark) it is safe to assume that we have made some headway in fighter AESA radars.

You may follow me on twitter for more brilliance :D
Considering I just started off with this tweeting thing.

Which brings me with a question on the N-LCA.. Where's the hook? I missed it in the pic.

About the first part, will give it a thought- thought that Twitter was for Celebs or plain Twits! Since I'm neither, always gave Twitter a miss. :D

About the tail-hook, maybe its not been fitted yet.
Or (to give food to the trolls and opinion-wallahs), maybe it just fell off! :devil:

Nobody gonna leave, neither Indians nor USA.

We will see the end of the tunnel

The LCA program is a failure for not delivering on time what it had promised(as is the F-35 program), its as simple as that.

Possible, but that wasn't what you stated before right? ;)

As I suggested, if the question is to replace mig-21's..then do it with a basic Mk1.. BVR and unguided A2G weapons only.

It's already to do so and even to replace Jaguars in the strike role, but be it as it may, IAF has their own way and as long as it didn't fulfill all requirements they won't induct it. That doesn't mean that the fighter isn't capable, just that IAF has a different procedure.

"Sigh..."
:rolleyes:

had they gone with this design(which I shamelessly troll on every LCA thread).. that might be the course of action taken.. and a very excellent LCA would have come to light.:coffee:

:) And as I said, simple adaption of a foreign design was not what India wanted although I would have liked it if we have taken the Israeli Lavi design and developed a fighter on that base. India wanted an own development, which alone wouldn't be a problem, at least if we had used proven stopgap parts from the start.
In this field we can learn a lot from China, be it adapting fighter designs or using stopgap engines, till the indigenous developed is ready.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Anil Kumar Singh, who is also Project Director for the Active Electronically Scanning Array (AESA) radar, called it “an ambitious project”.

Oh not again! :angry:

Possible, but that wasn't what you stated before right? ;)

That is exactly what I meant.
The program is a failure.. after all.. dont you have people asking for scrapping of the F-35..
Even though the A model is great..

What i don't understand is induction of 2 squadron of LCA MK I and 2 of Mark II signifies failure....but i will wait until it is inducted by 2014...

inlca30012qp.jpg

Mock up of LCA cockpit (Mk.1)

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Naval aviation to hit new high with LCA NP-1 maiden flight | Taxi trials currently underway | Tech challenges almost iorned out
++
NP-2.jpg

++
NP-3.jpg

++
NP-4.jpg

Naval LCA undergoes various tests at HAL airport ahead of its much-awaited first flight.
-By Anantha Krishnan M
Express News Service
Bangalore: The naval prototype (NP-1) of India’s Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) is slowly and steadily crossing every hurdle that has come up its way in the last 18 months. With a roll out rivaling even blockbuster movie releases in July 2010 -- the NP-1 -- believed to be the only naval aircraft in the light weight category in the world with aircraft carrier operational capabilities, will be airborne
soon.

While its designers at Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) and its makers at Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) are not speaking officially and off the record, sources at the shop-floor who
tweak technology for NP-1 daily, inform Express that ‘it is a matter of time before NP-1 hits the skies.’ Initially, it was envisaged that the naval aircraft will be a derivative of the Indian Air Force version of the LCA (Tejas). But the peculiar requirements of naval operations coupled with safety norms led to substantial differences in the aircraft structure, resulting in delays.
“The overwhelming challenge of large structural loads, better over the nose vision has lead to heavier undercarriage and re-design of the front fuselage.
Commonality was achieved in only few mechanical systems and avionics. The stringent naval requirements and rigorous ground testing of various systems is nearing completion,” say
sources.
The modification of flight control laws, cabin pressurization including environment control checks, laser precision alignments and host of associated naval flight critical systems are in its
final stages. “The landing gear with its high sink rate of 7.1 m/sec arising from ship deck requirement has imposed serious challenge to the
designer which has now been successfully
circumvented.
The NP-1 has completed its
ground vibration test (GVT), structural coupling test (SCT) and extensive system integration tests with power plant
using state-of-the-art facilities,”
sources said.
Fuel management with dump facility for
emergency recovery on board is a special feature of this aircraft. The heart of the flight control system (FCS), which is a quadruplex redundant digital flight control computer supplemented by LEVCON (leading edge vortex controller) air data computer, is being integrated with auto throttle and arrester hook.
“The LEVCON functionalities for conventional and ramp take-off is under
regression checks for final assessment on various simulators prior to its implementation on the aircraft. The arrester hook design for ship-borne operations is yet another unique carrier borne
feature,”
sources said.
The aircraft so far has completed four engine ground runs (EGRs), including three with after burner for entire operational envelope. “The platform is underway for low and high-speed ground handling and flying quality checks to assess the aircraft characteristics prior to its
maiden flight,”
sources said.
When specifically asked about a possible date by
which NP-1 will finally do what it is meant to be –
flying – sources said: “It is scheduled to fly this month. Many challenges are new and we are taking them head on.”

If it gets approved, we will atleast be clear that IAF is the main nautanki here not drdo or hal, meaning the aircraft was perfectly made, only IAF did gandugiri there .... let's watch it...

Naval LCA will be a force multiplier and will play a very significant supporting role to the Mig29Ks.

Another very important point is the learning process that goes into making a naval jet.

We need to complete these projects on the deadline - 2014.

There is a huge requirement of light weight fighters in the AF as well.

Q. If LCA mark ll will come, whether for navy present Tejas-Lca enough or new will come of Navy Mark ll version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom