What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome another Teja ... Welcome to Indian inventory.
Hope u get operational soon.
:lol:
By the way Good luck and Best wishes.

Just now I visited HAL airport, I saw lot of activity there. I saw a small bus full of technicians and pilots going towards airport. I saw a small helo hovering in sky for hours.

Early morning I saw Su30MKI flying form Airport (MKI is rare in bangalore.) Looks like something big cooking here.. :P

@NLCA: N-LCA will test many subcomponent except AESA, New Engine, and Hook. The main focus will be on testing undercarriage and landing gear (Note that these two are most Important for carrier borne plane). AESA will be tested first on LSP3. New engine will be tested on LCA SP1-6?? (No Idea). Hook will be tested after some time.

you went to hal airport? i thought it was no longer operational for civilian flights.

If it gets approved, we will atleast be clear that IAF is the main nautanki here not drdo or hal, meaning the aircraft was perfectly made, only IAF did gandugiri there .... let's watch it...

as i said earlier IAF wants LCA to be have same level of quality that western fighters enjoy

the reason is they face PLAAF and PAF threat and so cant afford compromise on quality

this is not possible as we are much behind in fighter tech and only way to catch up is keep evolving LCA

on other hand IN selected LCA ( as my understanding suggests ) because it can compromise on quality as it faces really no competition in IOR

PN
doesnt have AC Carriers and Chinese AC Carrier cant be stationed in bases near India for foreseeable future

the only navy that can truly challenge IN in IOR is USN but US is our ally

PLAN presence in IOR will be significant after a decade only

Good news.
But where will they use it. IAC-2 should be big enough to accommodate larger fighters/bombers than the MiG and Gorkshov and IAC-1 are full already.

you went to hal airport? i thought it was no longer operational for civilia flights.

No need to go inside. You can see everything from outside. Walls are just 6 feet high. you just know to climb tree.. Climb on one tree and see the beauty :) .

or got on Volvo AC bus, sit at rear seat, you can see all what's going at HAL airport..

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Good news.
But where will they use it. IAC-2 should be big enough to accommodate larger fighters/bombers than the MiG and Gorkshov and IAC-1 are full already.

What if N-LCA technology will be shared with N-AMCA??? or what if we loose few MiG29K in action, will we run to Russia in middle of war??? N-LCA will be great filler for MiG29k. Along with we can use it from ground bases as well. (I think Carrier born fighter can take off from land.. :cheesy:)

as i said earlier IAF wants LCA to be have same level of quality that western fighters enjoy

the reason is they face PLAAF and PAF threat and so cant afford compromise on quality

this is not possible as we are much behind in fighter tech and only way to catch up is keep evolving LCA

on other hand IN selected LCA ( as my understanding suggests ) because it can compromise on quality as it faces really no competition in IOR

PN
doesnt have AC Carriers and Chinese AC Carrier cant be stationed in bases near India for foreseeable future

the only navy that can truly challenge IN in IOR is USN but US is our ally

PLAN presence in IOR will be significant after a decade only

It is not a compromise on quality at all in case of N-LCA. The IN already quoted that they wish to have a Rafale-N at the first place as own fighter but they knew its not possible make to Rafale in the first attempt.

IN faced lots of maintenance/spare parts trouble for its fighters and really wants to have own jet fighter. Remember all our surface ships are produced by ourselves.

Secondly there is very less fighter jets availed for ski-jumping carrier operation. I think except Russian Migs & Su series nothing is there for such type. So better to make one for our own.

i think this should be one of the last tejas mk1 and they should concentrate more on tejas mk2 more. I expect Mk2 to be much bigger, stealthier and world class product. It has to be perfect at any cost :D

That is exactly what I meant.
The program is a failure.. after all.. dont you have people asking for scrapping of the F-35..
Even though the A model is great..

That are apples and oranges, because F35 has not only technical issues, but mainly cost issues. The fighter turned out to be many times more expensive than expected, which makes it not useful anymore as a one fighter replacement.
LCA on the other side is delayed for technical issues, but it still can fulfill what it was aimed for. More over, it is still planned around the unit costs it was aimed to be. So once when we can get it into production and inducted to the forces, we might have failed to keep the timelines of the project, but "the fighter" will not be a failure and that's what you stated at first.

Does it mean the size and all other parameters except engine are as per mark ll?

Not completely, the MK2 will have a slightly longer fuselage, because of the new engine and internal fuel tanks. The weight will be higher too and some minor modifications on the air intakes are reportedly needed.

It is a real achievement if we succeeds, currently US, UK, France, Russia & China has the capability to make Navel fighters.

No it's not! N-LCA is an average carrier fighter, if at all and way more important is the air force varient, this is just a matter of pride and chest bumping as we saw at the roll out of the N-LCA mock up.

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Releasing soon: The making of LCA Navy (NP-1) & tech challenges

land.jpg

Flight test update

LCA-Tejas has completed 1776 Test Flights successfully. (08-Feb-2012).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-212,PV3-330,LSP1-67,LSP2-198,PV5-36,LSP3-46,LSP4-44,LSP5-63)

from

LCA-Tejas has completed 1774 Test Flights successfully. (02-Feb-2012).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-211,PV3-330,LSP1-67,LSP2-198,PV5-36,LSP3-46,LSP4-43,LSP5-63)

Naval chief is right to be concerned about N-LCA | idrw.org

In Recent interview to ” THE HINDU “, Navy chief Admiral Nirmal Verma had rebuked the programme for its performance and delays.Admiral Verma has been quoted as saying, “They [ADA] focused largely on the Air Force programme and the LCA [Navy] did fall behind…. There have been many promises made by the ADA but they failed us… It is often said that there is only 15 per cent difference between both versions. The Navy has always maintained that it may be 15 per cent in terms of material and systems, but it is a substantial part. And they [ADA] underestimated it.”

Why Naval chief should be concerned?? , well he should be since current development of Naval prototype -1 (NP-1) , is more of a Technology demonstrator rather then the actual aircraft which fly from the aircraft carriers in future , NP-1 which is based on PV-5 in terms of aircraft air frame, is it’s self based on Tejas MK-1 trainer variant , Navy long had ruled out that with current power plant of General Electric developed F404-GE-IN20 turbofan engines are insufficient to ever land on a ship’s deck .

Russian Modified INS Vikramaditya will join Indian Navy by mid of this year and INS Vikrant will completed its sea trials by 2015 and will be ready to be inducted into navy end of 2015 . but Navy chief might be concerned regarding lack of aircraft’s for the carrier fleet , Indian navy has started inducting naval variant of Mig-29 and already placed orders for further 29 more aircraft’s, totaling 45 aircraft’s , but all aircraft’s will not be delivered by 2015 which might take few more years for Russians to complete the order ,it is crucial phase for Indian navy since Navy will have two brand new aircraft carriers but less then 25 aircraft’s to operate , and many trainer aircraft’s have to based of INS Hansa base in Goa for Training of new Naval pilots , which will further reduce numbers of aircraft’s on Deck.

Concern is also because ADA is too occupied in developing Tejas MK-2 for air force and N-Tejas MK-2 will have to wait till 2015 and beyond , and there is also concern what if Tejas MK-2 faces further delays in construction or run into technical problems , which will see further delays in development of Naval Tejas . Navy already has funded development of 8 aircraft’s for Testing and evaluation and will have need of 60 aircraft’s which will operate along with Mig-29k .

Sources close to idrw.org mentioned that NP-1 or NP-2 , can actually take off from aircraft carrier but with minimum payload ,and only in certain wind condition which will not make it decent carrier based aircraft .Land based aircraft carrier facility in INS HANSA is coming up pretty fast and should be completely ready before year end . NP-1 after first few flights in Bangalore will be moving to Naval base in Goa , which in initial phase carry out Trails over Sea and when Land based carrier facility is ready will carry out trails from there and aircraft’s will be based there .

NP-1 has faced delays due to problems with its new landing gears , to sustain heavy landing of carrier deck , but also suffered due to heavy undercarriage , problems regarding both seems to be ironed out and first flight is expected by March 2012 , if further problems don’t surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom