What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
LSP-7 onwards will be inducted into IAF, right?

LSP-7 and LSP-8 would be given to IAF for User-trials i don't think they would be inducted into squadrons those will be the SP-1 to SP-40 aircrafts for 1st 2 squadrons. the 1st 20 of which will be given no.45 squadron (Flying Daggers) to be based in Bangalore.

I've noticed that neither f-16 nor Mirage have a navalized version even though both the Americans and the French have been using Aircraft carriers for decades. 1 possible explanation i can think of is that they did not meet the navies requirements as light weight fighters they have much shorter combat radii to be very useful in high seas. If so then why are we inducting N-LCA?????

I've noticed that neither f-16 nor Mirage have a navalized version even though both the Americans and the French have been using Aircraft carriers for decades. 1 possible explanation i can think of is that they did not meet the navies requirements as light weight fighters they have much shorter combat radii to be very useful in high seas. If so then why are we inducting N-LCA?????

It will work in tandem with other fighters, Mig-29K.

We need N-LCA coz it is our first step towards self reliance in navel fighters. Even one of our Navy officer commented that we could have made Rafale instead of NLCA. But IN is very keen on NLCA as they faced lots of problem in the past regarding the spares etc. After all it is our fighter.

It will work in tandem with other fighters, Mig-29K.

We need N-LCA coz it is our first step towards self reliance in navel fighters. Even one of our Navy officer commented that we could have made Rafale instead of NLCA. But IN is very keen on NLCA as they faced lots of problem in the past regarding the spares etc. After all it is our fighter.

Isn't that a waste of resources why build it when it's not suitable to our requirements.

Isn't that a waste of resources why build it when it's not suitable to our requirements.

Well we wont waste money in true sense as the learning from NLCA will be of much much higher value. After NLAC you will be see our next navy platform will be equal or more to present Mig29 of navy.

Well we wont waste money in true sense as the learning from NLCA will be of much much higher value. After NLAC you will be see our next navy platform will be equal or more to present Mig29 of navy.

our next navy platform will be the N-AMCA and i hope it's far superior to mig-29 of navy

Apart from USN (F-18) & France (Rafale), most of the carriers in the world operates Sea Harrier in their air craft carrier.

Brazil - They use old Nighthawks.

Spain, Italy - Sea Harriers.

Russia - Mig 29k

In fact, there is few jets available in the world which can be operated from carrier.

Sea Harrier (old, we are using them now)
F-18, Rafale,
Mig-29K - we have it
F-35 - future.

Thats it.....so a Naval LCA is a great achievement for India.

Sea _ harrier

Empty weight: 13,968 lb (6,340 kg)
Loaded weight: 22,950 lb (10,410 kg)
Max takeoff weight:
Rolling: 31,000 lb (14,100 kg)
Vertical: 20,755 lb (9,415 kg)
Powerplant: 1 × Rolls-Royce F402-RR-408 (Mk 107) vectored-thrust turbofan, 23,500 lbf (105 kN)

Performance

Maximum speed: Mach 0.89 (662 mph, 1,070 km/h) at sea level
Range: 1,200 nm (1,400 mi, 2,200 km)
Combat radius: 300 nmi (556 km)
Ferry range: 1,800 nmi (3,300 km)
Rate of climb: 14,700 ft/min (4,485 m/min)
Wing loading: 94.29 lb/ft² (460.4 kg/m²)

LCA

Empty weight: 6,560 kg (14,460 lb)
Loaded weight: 10,500 kg (23,100 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 13,300 kg (29,540 lb)
Powerplant: 1 × General Electric F404-GE-IN20 turbofan
Dry thrust: 53.9 kN (11,250 lbf)
Thrust with afterburner: 85 kN (19,000 lbf)
Internal fuel capacity: 2,458 kg
External fuel capacity: 2x 1,200 litre drop tank at inboard, 1x 725 litre drop tank under fuselage

Performance

Maximum speed: Mach 1.8 (2,376+ km/h at high altitude) at 15,000 m
Range: 3,000 km (1,840 mi) without refueling
Service ceiling: 15,250 m (50,000 ft (engine re-igniter safely capable))
Wing loading: 221.4 kg/m² (45.35 lb/ft²)
Thrust/weight: 0.91
g-limits: +9/−3.5 g[83]

So in comparison, iN-LCA a good one..

is there any news that amca be using mig LMFS as their base and gov is already planning for that also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom