What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No our next Naval platform would be NLCA After this There may be N-AMCA

yes friend i meant our next navalized platform after our 1st one will be the N-AMCA and I hope it's far superior to current naval mig-29s.

is there any news that amca be using mig LMFS as their base and gov is already planning for that also

The LMFS will be based on PAKFA and be a single engine fighter I hope we can use Western stealth technologies as basing AMCA on LMFS will provide us nothing FGFA won't provide us with.

The LMFS will be based on PAKFA and be a single engine fighter I hope we can use Western stealth technologies as basing AMCA on LMFS will provide us nothing FGFA won't provide us with.[/QUOTE]

sorry sir not like that mig lmfs is based on mig 1.44 and1.42 it contested for the first production version of fifth gen aircraft in russia and failed for PAKFA now there are news that it may be rebuilt and produced i think this is a chance for drdo and ada to tap this .As might be russian gov can,t support this they can buy the tech or put a joint production line . even it uses the rd33 advanced version which india is serially producing hence no problem with engine . it will be better for india as there is no point rediscovering the wheel and making a whole new aircraft means testing ioc foc and all that

yes friend i meant our next navalized platform after our 1st one will be the N-AMCA and I hope it's far superior to current naval mig-29s.

N-AMCA?? A little too soon to be commenting on this don't you think? BTW India's next proposed carrier is rumored to be close to the US family of super carriers in terms of displacement as well as steam catapults to launch heavier or conventional aircraft. Don't be surprised if the Navy says it's interested in PAK-FA's.

N-AMCA?? A little too soon to be commenting on this don't you think? BTW India's next proposed carrier is rumored to be close to the US family of super carriers in terms of displacement as well as steam catapults to launch heavier or conventional aircraft. Don't be surprised if the Navy says it's interested in PAK-FA's.

SORRY but where on earth did you get that news from IAC1 is 40000 tons and IAC2 will be 65000 tons class we actually do not want a usa like stratergy even navy rejected f-18s as it is very big for its iacs thus forget pakfa for navy but the lmfs shows some promise :undecided:

SORRY but where on earth did you get that news from IAC1 is 40000 tons and IAC2 will be 65000 tons class we actually do not want a usa like stratergy even navy rejected f-18s as it is very big for its iacs thus forget pakfa for navy but the lmfs shows some promise :undecided:

I said close to the super carrier size.

Indian Navy is expected to officially out its plans for a second home-built aircraft carrier, the ubiquitously named IAC-II, which will be both larger and more formidable than its predecessor. Details surrounding the vessel were long murky at best, but information has now begun to surface, although many aspects remain somewhat sketchy. The Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Nirmal Verma, indicated in December, that the IAC-II would be sizeably larger than the IAC-I, with a displacement of 50,000 tons[1]. It would also have a more modern launch system, either via steam catapult or, as some as yet unconfirmed rumours have suggested, an EMALS (Electromagnetic Aircraft System). It is also unclear whether the carrier will be conventionally or nuclear-propelled. In any case, its larger size and more efficient launch system will enable it to field an aircraft wing that is superior both in size and diversity.

http://www.idsa.in/idsacomments/Ind...theNeedforStrategicFlexibility_irehman_010610

NFTC project director calls it quits, Tejas programme is likely to suffer - Bangalore - DNA

NFTC project director calls it quits, Tejas programme is likely to suffer

The Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas programme which has seen several delays since the project was conceived 27 years ago, has suffered another setback as Air Commodore Rohit Varma, project director of the National Flight Test Centre (NFTC) which oversees all flight test-related activities of aircraft, quit his post on Friday.

Air Commodore Varma reportedly hung his boots after the Indian Air Force twice denied him promotion as the air vice-marshal.
His calling it quits is indisputably a setback for the programme which has entered the critical phase of attaining the final operational clearance following which the fourth generation aircraft would be inducted into the Air Force.

“Air Commodore Varma had played a crucial role in the LCA attaining the initial operational clearance in January this year. With a new man at the helm, there could a few teething troubles as the aircraft, after attaining FOC, is also scheduled to enter the squadron services by the year-end and then will become operational in a couple of years,” said sources involved in the project.

Set up in 1994, all flight test-related activities of LCA are planned, coordinated and carried out by Bangalore-based NFTC.
Further, the LCA project, with regard to flight testing, has not been meeting its deadlines.

Though 1,652 flights have been completed successfully, the Limited Series Production 7 and 8 aircraft which will eventually enter squadron service are yet to be flight tested. This apart, the first flight of the LCA’s naval version NP-1 too has been delayed.

Though Air Commodore Varma had announced his decision to quit a month back, Defence Research Development Organisation officials on Friday said they were neither aware of his resignation nor his replacement.

^^^
This news is datelined July 9th and has already been posted and discussed on this forum. In any case the LCA project is centered on an aircraft, not on any individual.
In any case, if ADA considers his role to be vital; they could consider offering him a contractual position as a consultant. Many people have been similarly employed in Defence projects similarly.
While the IAF is free to elevate any officer found suitable by its promotion boards. And the NFTC is a "one star" post in the IAF/MoD scheme of things, so A/Cdre. Verma just has to move on, to civvy street.

I said close to the super carrier size.

Indian Navy is expected to officially out its plans for a second home-built aircraft carrier, the ubiquitously named IAC-II, which will be both larger and more formidable than its predecessor. Details surrounding the vessel were long murky at best, but information has now begun to surface, although many aspects remain somewhat sketchy. The Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Nirmal Verma, indicated in December, that the IAC-II would be sizeably larger than the IAC-I, with a displacement of 50,000 tons[1]. It would also have a more modern launch system, either via steam catapult or, as some as yet unconfirmed rumours have suggested, an EMALS (Electromagnetic Aircraft System). It is also unclear whether the carrier will be conventionally or nuclear-propelled. In any case, its larger size and more efficient launch system will enable it to field an aircraft wing that is superior both in size and diversity.

India

although the link is 1 year old i think the navy has already evaluated the possible fighters for its iac2 and 3 but navy doctrine suits smaller but moderate payload planes thats why they are so keen in n lca and certainly they shall not take a 22mlong PAKFA for there naval use but n amca but its still on drawing tables i think it might be rafale m

sorry sir not like that mig lmfs is based on mig 1.44 and1.42 it contested for the first production version of fifth gen aircraft in russia and failed for PAKFA now there are news that it may be rebuilt and produced i think this is a chance for drdo and ada to tap this .As might be russian gov can,t support this they can buy the tech or put a joint production line . even it uses the rd33 advanced version which india is serially producing hence no problem with engine . it will be better for india as there is no point rediscovering the wheel and making a whole new aircraft means testing ioc foc and all that

the MiG 1.44 design was submitted for PAK FA but not chosen it was a twin engine jet. Now under LMFS project MiG proposes to build a single engine fighter fighter smaller than PAK FA similar to the LM F-35 and either way the stealth technologies incorporated into the LMFS will be the same as those used in PAK FA which we'll already have thanks to FGFA project.

on the other hand AMCA project will be a twin engined fighter and IAF requires it to be more stealthier than the FGFA, so if LMFS is based on 1.44 and follows the same carnard configuration then it cannot be stealthier due to use of carnards. The Europeans may provide us with stealth technologies which would be different from Russians and probably more efficient thereby increasing the capability of AMCA which still has 15 years for IOC so we might as well reinvent the wheel while the Russians are gonna want the LMFS earlier.

although the link is 1 year old i think the navy has already evaluated the possible fighters for its iac2 and 3 but navy doctrine suits smaller but moderate payload planes thats why they are so keen in n lca and certainly they shall not take a 22mlong PAKFA for there naval use but n amca but its still on drawing tables i think it might be rafale m

I think it depends on the MMRCA if Rafale wins MMRCA navy'll go for Rafale as well but if EFT wins MMRCA then the navy'll probably go for F-35C

I think it depends on the MMRCA if Rafale wins MMRCA navy'll go for Rafale as well but if EFT wins MMRCA then the navy'll probably go for F-35C

its unlikely because the f35c has a long list of exporters they should go for a n amca and develop it faster even a n lca mk2 will do better i don,t think there is anylink between mmrca and navy acquisition as they are separate rfi even our strategic command is planning for future nuclear delivery craft which may be rafale you can still argue that mod can think of a similar craft for familiar inventory

the MiG 1.44 design was submitted for PAK FA but not chosen it was a twin engine jet. Now under LMFS project MiG proposes to build a single engine fighter fighter smaller than PAK FA similar to the LM F-35 and either way the stealth technologies incorporated into the LMFS will be the same as those used in PAK FA which we'll already have thanks to FGFA project.

on the other hand AMCA project will be a twin engined fighter and IAF requires it to be more stealthier than the FGFA, so if LMFS is based on 1.44 and follows the same carnard configuration then it cannot be stealthier due to use of carnards. The Europeans may provide us with stealth technologies which would be different from Russians and probably more efficient thereby increasing the capability of AMCA which still has 15 years for IOC so we might as well reinvent the wheel while the Russians are gonna want the LMFS earlier.
nooooooooo mig 1.44 was not submitted for pakfa it was stopped in 1997 and mig lmfs vs sukhoi t50 happened in 2002

A great advantage of the MiG project is the fact that its design and technical parameters are significantly different from the Sukhoi T-50. As a result, the market does not have to choose between an "either-or" situation, and both aircraft can find their place, depending upon the needs of potential export clients.

MiG-29UBT FULCRUM

nooooooooo mig 1.44 was not submitted for pakfa it was stopped in 1997 and mig lmfs vs sukhoi t50 happened in 2002

A great advantage of the MiG project is the fact that its design and technical parameters are significantly different from the Sukhoi T-50. As a result, the market does not have to choose between an "either-or" situation, and both aircraft can find their place, depending upon the needs of potential export clients.

MiG-29UBT FULCRUM

whatever man LMFS has 1 engine and would be russian counterpart of JSF using same techs used on PAK FA while AMCA will be a 2 engine fighter we'll either use western techs on it or homegrown techs no russian techs as seen in LCA that uses indigenous techs and western techs not russian tech and besides there is more than 15 years before AMCA gets IOC so no point discussing and LMFS will be in the sky around 2018/2020 AFAIK while AMCA will not be there before 2025 and may only be ready by 2030.
As for MMRCA and naval acquisition there's no link but as i've mentioned navy's logical choice should be Rafael if IAF is already flying them and if IAF's flying EFTs then navy may choose to drop Rafale and purchase JSF cause it's a 5th gen jet and the IAF will also have FGFA by then so navy may also want a 5th gen jet as for the N-PAK FA it may not be uitable for IN cause it may be STOBAR jet

IMG0064-XL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom