What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of discussion here is on russian aircrafts and indian paper project that may never be completed

most of discussion here is on russian aircrafts and indian paper project that may never be completed

but it still on hard paper if you want to check tissue paper projects you should see the jf 17 thread about the super duper pluto going space ship even aliens want it to serially produce

i really think that by 2015-16 once the MRCA comes and india gets ready for its fifth genration aircrafts indian airforce will think that LCA is not needed and that they want a new generation aircraft.....LCA would have been very relvant to act as intermediate aircarft before the MRCA and PAKFA to replace the aging mig21s..but now it seems that mk2 will definetly not be avaliable before 2015..by that time jf-17 induction would have been completly completed...pakistan needed the f-7 replacement so did india for mig21..so if it cant replace mig 21 its role will be quite a question, in end only limited or no induction a tall might be the result

i really think that by 2015-16 once the MRCA comes and india gets ready for its fifth genration aircrafts indian airforce will think that LCA is not needed and that they want a new generation aircraft.....LCA would have been very relvant to act as intermediate aircarft before the MRCA and PAKFA to replace the aging mig21s..but now it seems that mk2 will definetly not be avaliable before 2015..by that time jf-17 induction would have been completly completed...pakistan needed the f-7 replacement so did india for mig21..so if it cant replace mig 21 its role will be quite a question, in end only limited or no induction a tall might be the result

Sigh, read up on the IAF force structure.

FGFA , MRCA , MKIs and LCA come in entirely different categories of fighters.

LCA is supposed to be used in point-defense cum interceptor role and slated to replace the MIGs in the IAF's inventory.

MMRCA (as the name suggests) is to be used along-side and will eventually replace the medium weight multi-purpose Jaguars & Mirages.

MKIs are A2A superiority fighters coming in the heavyweight fighter class.

FGFA is in a new generation itself ....

And dont bring in Pakistan and JF-17 in this thread !

soory wont do it again sir..

but from experience of previous 17 years since LCA took it first flight ( in novemeber 1994).and how its requirement kept on creeping up and now witht he update that it would not be ready before 2015..makes any sane person to conclude what i concluded..well it would be diffrernt stry if IAF changes its REQUIREMENTS

P.S
i didnt brought jf-17/pakistan;)

but from experience of previous 17 years since LCA took it first flight ( in novemeber 1994).and how its requirement kept on creeping up and now witht he update that it would not be ready before 2015..makes any sane person to conclude what i concluded..well it would be diffrernt stry if IAF changes its REQUIREMENTS

P.S

ok our lca will drop insecticides in fields and all your planes will go to mars and other planets :rolleyes:
happy now
before coming to conclusion can;t you go through the comp thread
some examples tejas first flight is on 4 jan 2001 not 1994:disagree:

LCA intended to be the low tech aircraft of IAF...

but now its getting more and more advanced...( may be some day, it ll fight mirage 2000 to prove its worth.. just lke arjun)

then think about high end programmes..

ok our lca will drop insecticides in fields and all your planes will go to mars and other planets :rolleyes:
happy now
before coming to conclusion can;t you go through the comp thread
some examples tejas first flight is on 4 jan 2001 not 1994:disagree:

no not happy insectides can be very dangerous..and jet engines cant work in mars oxygen concentration is is too low there to breath, let alone a jet engine to work.

LCA first protype was rolled out in November 95 (not 94, my mistake..)

P.S

no not happy insectides can be very dangerous..and jet engines cant work in mars oxygen concentration is is too low there to breath, let alone a jet engine to work.

LCA first protype was rolled out in November 95 (not 94, my mistake..)

My dear the LCA TD-1 first flew on 4th January 2001 . Not in 94 or 95

the radar on use for the LCA is the EL2032 and has a tracking range of 150km is this for a target with a RCS of 5 square meters?

and what is the radar cross section currently on the LCA and what will it be in the future?

i really think that by 2015-16 once the MRCA comes and india gets ready for its fifth genration aircrafts indian airforce will think that LCA is not needed and that they want a new generation aircraft...

This shows that you didn't undertand what the primary goal of LCA and JF 17 for both air forces is, because it's not a simple fighter replacement, but a move to be independent from foreign imports and restrictions!
Pakistan choosed the partnership with China to achieve this, while India chose to develop a fighter alone. But that doesn't make these fighters automatically better then the fighters that are already in service and that's why JF 17 block 1 (possibly also 2) will be inferior in operational terms to F16 MLU/ B52, or LCA MK1 will be to Mirage 2000-5/Mig 29 SMT. Be it PAF, or IAF, both see JF 17 and LCA only as their low end fighters, which will increase the overall performance of both air forces, but remain to be less capable for quiet some time.
LCA is undeniably late in development, but is still the main key to improve the Indian industry and with several more capable fighters in IAF service anyway, the delays doesn't make much difference, otherwise we would have seen Mirage 2000-5s selected several years ago, for fast induction. However that is not the case and M-MRCA has exactly the same primery goal as LCA, improving our own industry!

However that is not the case and M-MRCA has exactly the same primery goal as LCA, improving our own industry!

Sancho my friend if thats the case then MMRCA should go to EFT even though we both want IAF to choose Rafaels as it's more capable atm

Sancho my friend if thats the case then MMRCA should go to EFT even though we both want IAF to choose Rafaels as it's more capable atm

Just because they said they will create 20000 jobs, make India a partner, blah blah bla?, good thing but the same objective can be achived by Rafale too.
They can give us engine tech. kaveri-Snechma, Radar, and when you give full TOT then its all the same. Its just that EFT makes it look more lucrative, thats all.

Just because they said they will create 20000 jobs, make India a partner, blah blah bla?, good thing but the same objective can be achived by Rafale too.
They can give us engine tech. kaveri-Snechma, Radar, and when you give full TOT then its all the same. Its just that EFT makes it look more lucrative, thats all.

Not really.What they proposed was to include India in the partnership i.e. the consortium. What that means is that we would be involved in any new developments of the EFT right from conception. Thats always a much better way to learn than from ToT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom