What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they want to add more internal fuel and more weapons loading capacity.. that is the option they have got.. Lets hope they do that in MK2

If we go by the MK2 models and specboards shown at Aero India, they lenghten the fuselage for 0.5m (interestingly the hight increases for 0.2m as well, but not sure why that happens), to integrate the new engines, as well as internal fuel tanks. The location of the gear on the other side remains the same and that is the big difference to Gripen NG and why there won't be additional station at the fuselage. I hoped for additional wingstations, at least at the wingtips, but people attended Aero India stated, that this would require more work to strenghten the wing (however, imo it would be worth it).

Based on older infos and latest specs from Aero India, I would expect LCA MK1 to have the following specs:

Empty weight: 6560Kg
Internal fuel: 2485Kg
Thrust: 55.36kN Dry / 85kN AB (GE 404 - 20IN)
TWR: 0.97
Wingloading: 236 Kg/m2
AoA: 22° at IOC (24° planned for FOC)
MTOW: 13500Kg
Payload: 3500Kg (reduced by 500Kg, because of 1000Kg overweight)
Stations: 7 + 1 (pods)

Normal A2A configs:

- 1 x 1200l fuel tank
- 2 x SR AAMs
- 4 x MR AAMs

Normal A2G configs:

- 1 x LDP
- 2 x 1200l fuel tanks
- 2 x 1000lb LGBs
- 2 x SR AAMs

When will the first prototype fly? it came out from production hanger quite long back. doing taxi trials for quite long???

Like the article says 2015, because it is based on MK2, that means that the N-LCA airframe that rolled out yet, will get similar changes like the IAF MK2 first.

hal_tejas_sanskrit_by_pandora+and+bagera.PNG

MILITARY AVIATION AND SPACE TECHNOLOGY NEWS: TECHNICAL SCALING OF TEJAS MK 2

ENJOY

I think with the 107Kn its payload will increase to atleast 5ton..direct jump from 85Kn to 107 means 23Kn thrust increase.so 5ton payload is expected

this will make it a damn good machine

Another thread derailed.. waiting for mods to come and delete the posts as usual.. *yawn* :alcoholic:

I love this a lot....

lca2.jpg

Guys can anybody tell me,at a time,how much (A2A+A2G)missile can Tejas carry.........4?

So looks like we didnt get much in LCA MK2, But I am sure these designs will change. And there is enough time in hand of ADA to do the design change.

So looks like we didnt get much in LCA MK2, But I am sure these designs will change. And there is enough time in hand of ADA to do the design change.
I think ADA doesn't want to commit,
they didn't mention AESA....

If AESA programmed gets successful then it will be integrated..

Better not commit so early...

If we go by the MK2 models and specboards shown at Aero India, they lenghten the fuselage for 0.5m (interestingly the hight increases for 0.2m as well, but not sure why that happens), to integrate the new engines, as well as internal fuel tanks. The location of the gear on the other side remains the same and that is the big difference to Gripen NG and why there won't be additional station at the fuselage. I hoped for additional wingstations, at least at the wingtips, but people attended Aero India stated, that this would require more work to strenghten the wing (however, imo it would be worth it).
But what we can do.?. the wings of Tejas is placed so high compared to others... But this design is more suited for indian environment especially the wide nature of our environment.... Secondly if we put the huge Gear on wings.. we will have additional penalty on structural desing as well as weight... so it seems the only way to increase fuel is increase by 0.5 m and proper estatemanagement... so i guess there is an increase in 0.2m in height also..

Based on older infos and latest specs from Aero India, I would expect LCA MK1 to have the following specs:

Empty weight: 6560Kg
Internal fuel: 2485Kg
MTOW: 13000Kg (reduced by 500Kg, because of 1000Kg overweight)
Payload: 3500Kg (reduced by 500Kg, because of 1000Kg overweight)

Logically MTOW is supposed to be empty + internal fuel + useful payload right?? so what do you mean by reduced by 500 kg?

Logically MTOW is supposed to be empty + internal fuel + useful payload right?? so what do you mean by reduced by 500 kg?

True, thought they had to reduce the MTOW too, to counter the overweight, but payload was often given with 4000Kg before and seems to be reduced now. However, that once again shows the potential of LCA and we could easily bring on to a similar payload and MTOW level like Gripen NG has, I hope they will stay focused on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom