What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eurofighter recently officially declared to go for AESA project. We could become a partner in that.

If we decide to go for an aesa for Su30 mki, then we could also ask for a technological help in our aesa project.

Then why is the first flight supposed to be in 2014 and then final induction by 2016 ? I mean its just a damn upgrade, which we have done on other platform also. The actual problem is these guys claimed alot. Now just tell me how they are gonna develop a 5th gen fighter and a UCAV when they are barely reaching a 4th gen level even in mk2.

The least they could do is just select a damn partner for AESA and let them work on that.

We could also buy F16 block 60 or Gripen NG.

I also think the in flight refueling is not necessary for the fighter like LCA. Its not meant for long range missions.

CFT is still not there for many aircrafts ,you name it ...
AESA work is still not complete ,so you see they not claiming anything. They gave you the basic idea of LCA MK2 ,and am sure they still not started developing it except in drawing board so expect changes.

Because of similar kinda attitude by airforce Mk1 get late ,all they want is high end star ship stuff in a small plane with out even knowing where our industrial capability stands . Now HAL realised that and they came up with this sasta,sunder ,tikauu .

AESA work is still not complete ,so you see they not claiming anything. They gave you the basic idea of LCA MK2 ,and am sure they still not started developing it except in drawing board so expect changes.

Because of similar kinda attitude by airforce Mk1 get late ,all they want is high end star ship stuff in a small plane with out even knowing where our industrial capability stands . Now HAL realised that and they came up with this sasta,sunder ,tikauu .

Then is nt it better to call it as an "upgrade' on the first version rather than calling it mark2.?

We, the citizens of the republic of India needs surprises and the 'wow' factor especially since the threat perceptions are great from neighbourhood and around... :frown:

Eurofighter recently officially declared to go for AESA project. We could become a partner in that.

If we decide to go for an aesa for Su30 mki, then we could also ask for a technological help in our aesa project.

I say 'trick' the Saab on AESA ToT by buying a few.. ;)

What attitude r u talking about.why should IAF accept it anyway,when the entire world is moving 1 generation ahead.

After 5-6 yrs we will be witnessing most of the nation's inducting 5th gen planes,6th gen research started on and advanced upgraded version's of 4.5 gen planes,and we will be arriving with a 4th gen plane which will be completely obsolete in the coming 10 yrs.

But an AESA radar,IRST are not star-war equipments that HAL needs to integrate into Tejas mark-2.Add to that they have 3 more effing years before the first lot of the GE F-414 starts arriving,giving them enough time to prepare.They could have at least announced that Tejas will have the above mentioned components and tried to integrate them!!!!!:hitwall::argh:

Then is nt it better to call it as an "upgrade' on the first version rather than calling it mark2.?

We, the citizens of the republic of India needs surprises and the 'wow' factor especially since the threat perceptions are great from neighbourhood and around... :frown:

if threat perception is so much then let the govt nurture young talent in school and colleges .Ma father still working in Pechora SAM as weapon fitter ,and he have high regards for DRDO supplied radars and components than russian rusted radars Work less and spend more time at 7BRD gaziabad for maintence.

I say 'trick' the Saab on AESA ToT by buying a few.. ;)

Why Few..? Why not award the whole deal to them..:azn:
Would love to see the reaction of RAFALE and EF fans...

if threat perception is so much then let the govt nurture young talent in school and colleges .Ma father still working in Pechora SAM as weapon fitter ,and he have high regards for DRDO supplied radars and components than russian rusted radars Work less and spend more time at 7BRD gaziabad for maintence.

Country cant wait for the school and college kids to get mature and work for DRDO and make cutting edge technologies, the need of the hour is securing the nation.. There is no country in the world which is in the middle of 2 aggressive nuclear powered nations..

This is not about getting proud on indigenous technologies.. this is about the security of nation.

IAF chief during the IOC has compared the jet with Gripen, so he has it in his mind and its expected that during its induction it has to be on par, which is sadly not.

Why Few..? Why not award the whole deal to them..:azn:
Would love to see the reaction of RAFALE and EF fans...

We need Dassaults help in AMCA :partay:

But an AESA radar,IRST are not star-war equipments that HAL needs to integrate into Tejas mark-2.Add to that they have 3 more effing years before the first lot of the GE F-414 starts arriving,giving them enough time to prepare.They could have at least announced that Tejas will have the above mentioned components and tried to integrate them!!!!!:hitwall::argh:

see simply you now drifting from earlier post that why HAL claims so much but deliever less but now they claiming less untill they acieved this they not going to promise anything .. you might see AESA in 2013 Aero india :happy:
but let me be clear that Airforce issue no ASR FOR IRST or CFT for tejas mk2 ,so why should HAL do matha pechi to revise their ASR again .... :haha:

Ok guys now lets all wait for the IOC and possible FOC of Mk2 , by that time the mark3 design will be out.. hopefully :tup:

Here are my two cents about the LCA mk2.

* First, let me make it clear that the die hard jingo in me is extremely angry at this and most probably join benny in his stone pelting spree!:shout:

I did expect some changes in the mk2 design (at least hoping it would "look" a bit cooler!).. And that is not the case!:bad:

Now, after my rant mode was off, I decided to give this design a consideration and here is what I found out!

* ABSOLUTE SHOCKERS!

1. Intake design---
Looks like the shape of intakes will remain same with increase in size. We should have opted for diamond shaped intakes for more stealth.

2. No IRST---
Nobody here (AI) is willing to comment on that. IRST pod is the only solution now.

*GRAY AREAS

1. No AESA?
My angry queries were met with following cryptic questions--

- What makes me so sure that MMR will not be an AESA in the future? (Naam me kya rakha hai, dost?, they said.)

- Have I heard of something called "project uttam"?

- Do I believe that IAF will field a craft without AESA 20 years from now?

Draw your own results from these questions, guys!

* NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT

1. No Canards-
There is absolutely no need for canards, we have enough lift and the cranked delta gives enough maneuverability. This has been tested and proved!

2. No CFT-
Not required at all. The IAF never asked for it. As for the fuel section, there are some surprises, keep on reading.

3. No TVC-
Adding TVC on such a light plane could be very very troublesome. Loss benefit ratio is more than one!

* IMPROVEMENTS-

1. Internal fuel-
Looking at the side tanks, spine and wings, the internal fuel will be increased by around 30 to 40 percent.
Combine this with the fuel sipping GE 414 and weight loss ; you have a substantial increase in range and endurance!

2. IFR-
Retractable IFR probe means no increase in RCS.

3. Internal Jammer-
Some very good stuff is coming for that!

see simply you now drifting from earlier post that why HAL claims so much but deliever less but now they claim less untill they acieved this they not going to promise anything .. you might see AESA in 2013 Aero india :happy:
but let me be clear that Airforce issue no ASR FOR IRST or CFT for tejas mk2 ,so why should HAL do matha pechi to revise their ASR again .... :haha:

I am not drifting away from your core opinion but i'm trying to comprehend what HAL will achieve by rolling out a forth gen aircraft in 2014 which will come into serial production in 2018!!!!That's late even by our "strict" time lines.Just because the ASR did not mention the components does not mean that they have to shy away from installing them BTW,it's just a requirement so if HAL builds a 4.5 gen Tejas as opposed to a 4 gen one,it's not like IAF will reject them!!!!They have to innovate not renovate!!!!!:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom