What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
why we need anything new ?? Why we need Canards ?if am not wrong LCA MK2 is based on naval LCA with with levcons ?? AESA will be present in LCA MK2 if it completed on time till then HAL PLAYS NO SPECULATION ,they presented a simple ,foot on the earth with no hi fundos stuff.. Am damn happy for it..

Coz its supposed to be the bloody next version.. All the fighters had considerable structural changes (eg:F-18s) .. the world is fast changing so are the generations of fighters... putting a new engine and a new probe doesnt really digest to my concept of the newer version even though it was much expected.. i wanted this platform to evolve into something that can even be exported to other countries. Remember if in that case it will be competing against the F-16s and Gripens... now tell me does it really stand a chance..when more advanced Gripens are there as alternatives...

No AESA and IRST..A complete Let down for me..

jha ji!! You tell me why Should HAL speculate ?? AESA still not completed and INTERNAL IRST is not in IAF ASR ,SO why not simply carry IRST POD as many aircrafts still doing even superhornet too till now...

Coz its supposed to be the bloody next version.. All the fighters had considerable structural changes (eg:F-18s) .. the world is fast changing so are the generations of fighters... putting a new engine and a new probe doesnt really digest to my concept of the newer version even though it was much expected.. i wanted this platform to evolve into something that can even be exported to other countries. Remember if in that case it will be competing against the F-16s and Gripens... now tell me does it really stand a chance..when more advanced Gripens are there as alternatives...

if gripen NG GOING TO COST 40MILLION DOLLAR , I BE NEXT TO YOU ??

CANARDS and Flat nozzle was something which i did not expect..
TVC is something which better not be there in a small plane like LCA..

BUT AESA and IRST was something which was absolutely essential for a plan which will hit serial production line in 2016-2017...What a waste..

Agree with Spark,as far as i am concerned I hoped for AESA and CFT,now all in vain,what we got is a i meter long metal piece.

I agree with you completely!!!!This is the time for Ipods and not for the Duracell powered Walkman's!!!I have lost hope further,seeing the AMCA model and this is probably where i feel like "pre-owned" Mirage-2000's are better than Homegrown mark-2 Tejas!!!!:argh::hitwall::hitwall:

jha ji!! You tell me why Should HAL speculate ?? AESA still not completed and INTERNAL IRST is not in IAF ASR ,SO why not simply carry IRST POD as many aircrafts still doing even superhornet too till now...
Then why is the first flight supposed to be in 2014 and then final induction by 2016 ? I mean its just a damn upgrade, which we have done on other platform also. The actual problem is these guys claimed alot. Now just tell me how they are gonna develop a 5th gen fighter and a UCAV when they are barely reaching a 4th gen level even in mk2.

The least they could do is just select a damn partner for AESA and let them work on that.

I feel like "pre-owned" Mirage-2000's are better than Homegrown mark-2 Tejas!!!!
We could also buy F16 block 60 or Gripen NG.

I also think the in flight refueling is not necessary for the fighter like LCA. Its not meant for long range missions.

I agree with you completely!!!!This is the time for Ipods and not for the Duracell powered Walkman's!!!I have lost hope further,seeing the AMCA model and this is probably where i feel like "pre-owned" Mirage-2000's are better than Homegrown mark-2 Tejas!!!!:argh::hitwall::hitwall:

Mark3 , another meter long and a possible AESA will be announced in 2020.. i guess..

Who is asking them to speculate..I am just asking them to do the bloody job..If in next 6-7 years they can not hope to have AESA ready, then why not buy it..Whats the use of inducting an already obsolete plane and waste a production line..
Regarding external IRST-- LCA already has less hard points. If a hardpoint is engaged for carrying IRST pod then the plane will be of little more use than point defence..

MRCA + a seperate order for Grippen with JV with TATA and co looks a better option now.

Gripen has already announced a plan to design and manufacture fighter jets with TATA's.. let the private players work on filling"this" gap while ADA utilise all their resources with co operating on FGFA and doing the work on AMCA asap..

Mark3 , another meter long and a possible AESA will be announced in 2020.. i guess..

And it will come with new GE F-424 KMA(Kiss my a**) engine with 100.1 KN after burning thrust,new Philips HID's for the lights mounted on the front landing gear,spare wheels and TPMS(Tyre pressure monitoring system),ejection seats with tri-coloured parachutes,swimming goggles and an INSAS 5.56 with burst fire option!!!!!:hitwall::hitwall::angry:

given that they r ready to buy engines from outside,I dont know what is stopping them buying AESA.

Either u develop it or otherwise buy it,afterall money is not that big issue.

Does anybody has the email id of IAF chief.. lets email him and ask him to say "he is not at all satisfied with this one".. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom