What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yest it is but the IAF wanted a thrust to weight ratio of more than 1 with payload.
if they didn't demand so they would be fool. air forces from all world demand so i.e us air force.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Wow if they make it ... it will be one of the good capability from such a smallest fighter in the world.. IAF have always demanded best possibilities .. but the problem is they keep on changing now and then without thinking afront what they want 10 yrs from now.. which they have to learn from US counterparts
yes thats very true.:coffee:

good luck to tejas. i wish it comes in our AF as early as possible.

Tejas To Demonstrate Stores Release

Tejas To Demonstrate Stores Release | AVIATION WEEK

BENGALURU, India — India’s Aeronautical Development Agency is gearing up to start the last phase of flight trials for the Tejas light combat aircraft at Chitradurga in Karnataka, 100 mi. northwest of here.

This will be the first time the new test range of the Defense Research and Development Organization will be put to use.

Test pilots from the National Flight Test Center in Bengaluru are readying themselves to undertake the last leg of weapon trials/stores release in Chitradurga.

“Currently, a series of trials are being done to characterize the aerodynamics of the platform,” a senior official associated with the program says. “This will be the first outing for Tejas in Chitradurga. We are now setting up the telemetry range.”

Aviation Week has learned that accuracy studies will be done at Chitradurga when Tejas releases stores. “It will be dummy trials to start with,” the official says. “The pilots will be taking off from Old Bangalore Airport and land after finishing their mission in Chitradurga within 10-12 minutes.”

The certification process for Tejas is now entering its last lap with the Center for Military Airworthiness and Certification (Cemilac).

“Once the proposed trials in Chitradurga are over, we would have finished all the parameters Tejas should have tested ahead of the initial operational clearance,” the official says.

An Empowered Committee Meeting is scheduled in New Delhi next week with the Indian air force chief to review the certification process.

“Once we demonstrate all that the Indian air force [wants], the Cemilac will hand over the documents to the air force,” the official says. “By December 27, we are sure that the Tejas will enter the initial operational clearance phase. However, the production aircraft will be available to air force pilots only by mid-2011. There’s 100 percent clarity on everything now.”

Photo: ADA

Small correction, Topsight I is the Indian version of Topsight E an HMD system for fighters, while Top Owl is a HMD system for helicopters and in use with the Eurocopter Tiger for example (wonder if we get them for LCH too?):

TopOwl-onboard-Tiger.jpg

TopOwl® helmet-mounted sight and display for helicopters - Thales

The upgraded Mirage 2000-5 will get Topsight HMS too, maybe the Dash HMS is just a stopgap for the prototypes and IAF will switch to Topsight for the serial produced LCAs for more commonality.

I'm talking about the TopOwl F which is renamed as Topsight by Thales-Samtel to market in india. And it does use some techs from the helicopter version of TopOwl.

P.S. I have a pdf from thales about TopOwl-F, can someone please tell me how I can covert the pages into images so that I can post them here.

I'm talking about the TopOwl F which is renamed as Topsight by Thales-Samtel to market in india. And it does use some techs from the helicopter version of TopOwl.

P.S. I have a pdf from thales about TopOwl-F, can someone please tell me how I can covert the pages into images so that I can post them here.

Download PDF Tools free download from google. There u will get the option to convert imgaes to PDF or PDF to images. Or i think u can open a PDF in paint and then save it as a JPEG.

“Once the proposed trials in Chitradurga are over, we would have finished all the parameters Tejas should have tested ahead of the initial operational clearance,” the official says.

Wonderful so December 27 Tejas Is getting IOC....

use snapshot tool in adobe reader

Got it. Here it is.

1rbt1ot8k

1rccw4z5w

1rchur0n8

1rcjiad50

Thanks Indushek and rpraveenkum. :cheers:

P.S. Images in .psd format as I had to use photoshop. In case they are not visible, right click and select "open image in a new tab".

Last edited:

They are using TopOwl-F and Topsight - E are different names for the same HMS as it seems (Topsight - I in Samtel JV), but TopOwl in general is the name of the helicopter HMS.

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Tejas to demonstrate stores release at Chitradurga range

India’s Aeronautical Development Agency is gearing up to start the last phase of flight trials for the Tejas light combat aircraft at Chitradurga in Karnataka, 100 mi. northwest of here.This will be the first time the new test range of the Defense Research and Development Organization will be put to use. Test pilots from the National Flight Test Center in Bengaluru are readying themselves to undertake the last leg of weapon trials/stores release in Chitradurga. “Currently, a series of trials are being done to characterize the aerodynamics of the platform,” a senior official associated with the program says. “This will be the first outing for Tejas in Chitradurga. We are now setting up the telemetry range.” Aviation Week has learned that accuracy studies will be done at Chitradurga when Tejas releases stores. “It will be dummy trials to start with,” the official says. “The pilots will be taking off from Old Bangalore airport and land after finishing their mission in Chitradurga within 10-12 minutes."

Kaveri engine to undergo further flight tests in Russia

HYDERABAD (PTI): India's first indigenously developed fighter aircraft engine 'Kaveri' will undergo further analysis in January in Moscow, a top government official has said.

T Mohana Rao, Director, Gas Turbine Research Establishment of the Defence ministry, said the weather there is not suitable for now and more tests on the engine will be conducted by end of January or early February.

The Kaveri engine which will be used for the 'Tejas' Light Combat Aircraft was successfully tested last month in an aircraft in Moscow.

The test data analysis indicated that the engine performance was as per the design intent, he said adding unless these engines are tested for thousands of hours, the right configuration cannot be achieved.

Kaveri engine to undergo further flight tests in Russia - Brahmand.com

^^^
Kudos for Kaveri.....

When IAF will get there 20 LCA??? after IOC how many LCA will be delivered to IAF??? IS LSP 1,2 ,3 ,4 ,5 will be given as it is??? or some of them will be kept for MK II and new LCA will be made for IAF???

Please reply... I am dying to see 20 LCA fly in Delta formation... (remember thw MiG 29 flying in MiG29 shaped formation)...

^^^
Kudos for Kaveri.....

When IAF will get there 20 LCA??? after IOC how many LCA will be delivered to IAF??? IS LSP 1,2 ,3 ,4 ,5 will be given as it is??? or some of them will be kept for MK II and new LCA will be made for IAF???

Please reply... I am dying to see 20 LCA fly in Delta formation... (remember thw MiG 29 flying in MiG29 shaped formation)...

Except for LSP 6 and PV-1 everything will be given to IAF as it is. then the LCA MK1 will enter series production and the deliveries for the first 20 will be over by 2013. (If everything goes on well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom