What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

So what happens if they ever have to jettison the tank?

You lose the IRST of course but it is on the centerline tank only, I hope you know why and
as such can be kept on in all but worst case scenarii.

American did,that doesn't means that it is the best solution.

Answering yourself out loud, matey? Where did I say best in my post?
It is a solution that exists ( i.e. tested and approved ) so why couldn't India make it?
And it fits the bill to fit a much needed IRST on the LCA. What's your problem with it?

Good day both, Tay.

A IRST mounted on LCA will be way better than pod based one,that hardpoint can be used for some other purposes like hanging jammers or ammunitions.
Litening G5 will Be better system we use in MKI
Litening G5 is Arent Different

I was only providing an example, Cerberus. Litening 5 is fine if you want that!
Besides, there seems to be bit of eagerness and oversensitivity in some answers.
Everyone jumped to answer me it seems but missed my last line :

... just copy that in-house, guys!

8-)
Tay.

Where is SP2? Last time these HAL walas said 1 month more.
Someone kill those damm idiots.
The number J20 in PLAAF is now equal to the number of Tejas in IAF, ie 1.

No of Tejas in IAF :- 01
No of J20 in PLAAF :- 02 Built and flight testing on.

Someone get a Santa so that I can wish a private production line for Tejas.

Is Tejas participating in Singapore Airshow?
It started today, but no news of Tejas.
If not, why? Missile testing ???

^^^ If it's not there, it is not there bhai. Reasons for it not being there are a privilege of the powers that be in India.

cross posting from another forum thanks kunal biswas

' Tejas mk1 ' Ferry range is 1700kms + without Fuel tanks ( With fuel tanks 3000kms according to Janes ) and Combat Range is more than 500kms .. , This information is released by Government agency during IOC-2 ...

Press Information Bureau

i have a question , how related is this aircraft to the chinese mirage series , i mean everything china produces comes with a delta wing like the mirage

Seconding Abingdon! The delta wing is an elegant solution for fighters,
It is part of most wings nowadays save the straight and trapezoidal ones.
Even in the latter the leading edge is delta type.

Some designers prefer the added control surfaces by cultural habituation.
Russia and America don't favour it but the latter counts nice deltas as the Dagger.

In Europe, SAAB and Dassault made it trademarks of their production while still able to do otherwise.

But deltas vary, sometimes they become fluid as in the Concorde's ( thinking a modern Concorde with shape memory wings :cheesy: )
and some blend into double deltas with nearly no curves looking flat as paper plane.

You know of the adaptations by Israel and you know that Pakistan is the last user of the Mirage III series.
Deltas it seems appeal to all even opposites? Talking about which, if we were to suppose that Jerusalem
gave China the Lavi plans or that the evil Celestials just took them, the wing on that fighter was a Mirage III
derivative, once removed if not twice because the Israeli engineers did not stay idle or repeat and neither
did the Chinese ones.

Meanwhile, at best, the wing of the Tejas could be seen as an adaptation of that of the Mirage 2000 even
though the pronounced updown sweep with inclusion of the intakes make it a totally different beast.

Are then the III's & 2000's wings the same? The answer is no. The construction techniques were invented
between the two and if it looks like that of its older brother, the wing of an M2K is a step to that of the 4000
and then Rafale. Sometimes, a generational gap does not show much but changes things nonetheless.

You could say their great-grand parents were cousins at best. Not much of a familial link!

Good evening, Tay.

Seconding Abingdon! The delta wing is an elegant solution for fighters,
It is part of most wings nowadays save the straight and trapezoidal ones.
Even in the latter the leading edge is delta type.

Some designers prefer the added control surfaces by cultural habituation.
Russia and America don't favour it but the latter counts nice deltas as the Dagger.

In Europe, SAAB and Dassault made it trademarks of their production while still able to do otherwise.

But deltas vary, sometimes they become fluid as in the Concorde's ( thinking a modern Concorde with shape memory wings :cheesy: )
and some blend into double deltas with nearly no curves looking flat as paper plane.

You know of the adaptations by Israel and you know that Pakistan is the last user of the Mirage III series.
Deltas it seems appeal to all even opposites? Talking about which, if we were to suppose that Jerusalem
gave China the Lavi plans or that the evil Celestials just took them, the wing on that fighter was a Mirage III
derivative, once removed if not twice because the Israeli engineers did not stay idle or repeat and neither
did the Chinese ones.

Meanwhile, at best, the wing of the Tejas could be seen as an adaptation of that of the Mirage 2000 even
though the pronounced updown sweep with inclusion of the intakes make it a totally different beast.

Are then the III's & 2000's wings the same? The answer is no. The construction techniques were invented
between the two and if it looks like that of its older brother, the wing of an M2K is a step to that of the 4000
and then Rafale. Sometimes, a generational gap does not show much but changes things nonetheless.

You could say their great-grand parents were cousins at best. Not much of a familial link!

Good evening, Tay.
I have 2 queries:
1. What is the exact difference between flying-wing & Delta wing, since both have Delta shaped wings covering the entire fuselage?
2. Since hard points under both the wings have to carry equal weight for balance, how it is maintained once a missile or bomb is fired from under one of the wings?

Back
Top Bottom