What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

derby has both look down and shoot down feature..

technically a missile test will first test look down mode operations as thats the first objective of removing clutter while looking at earth and seeker getting reflections from earth surface. once that phase is successfully passed, then it moves to the next step of shoot down.

ld/sd mode enables tejas to maintain point of advantage in altitude and targeting from a tactically advantageous position in a bvr engagement of using derby.

since i firmly believe no datalink was there nor any mid course guidance, the terminal phase seeker would have been tested solely for look down mode...

the next series of test would perhaps move towards shootdown followed by mid course update and datalink mode course correction.

Is datalink guidance for midcourse correction an option for other aircraft like JF 17? From what I gather there capabilities on this front are quite limited.

Is datalink guidance for midcourse correction an option for other aircraft like JF 17? From what I gather there capabilities on this front are quite limited.
I know for sure elta 2032 and later 2052 are very capable of doing that via a data link.

The jf17 radar of klj I don't have much technical data.. So I can't comment as a precise thing. The update can be provided but for say a long range bvr you also require a more capable radar to handle such mid course flight corrections.

For a missile whose range is say max 70-80kms with klj radar range for detecting the rcs value at what distance will matter bcz based on that only it will update.. So head on it should be able to update , tail chase mode implying target is already on its way back, beyond a point it cannot provide the update and thus the bvr itself will go kaput...

The same is for 2032 or 2052.. Of course 2052 is suppose to be much superior to klj series

ADA2016Calender | Photos: Rana, Sanjay Simha | Facebook..............for more
12734203_870166696413990_609862560201865181_n.jpg

A noob question. How many missiles can Tejas carry? 6 or 7? I have not seen any pic where a missile has been loaded underneath the belly.

Back
Top Bottom