What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Why everyone is calling superboy "Dsiboy" or Dsi tech master ? DSI is actually difficult to design but easy to manufacture, reduce weight. No hard feeling he might like the DSI technology much. Superboy can you elloborate us on pros and cons on performance in both subsonic and supersonic regime of an aircraft using DSI.

a dsi hasa few purposes the first is the reduce rcs which you got right. and the second is to slow down air whils traveling at supersonic speeds. fighters such as the eurofighter and the f15 have flap which widens and narrows dependant on its speed.

dsi have a advantage to flaps at it does not have any moving parts and it saves weight and airframe complexity.
the f35 also has a dsi

actually did you know this dsi design actually came from a peregrine falcon? it's nose has a bulge so that the air traveling inside it is slow. because the peregrine falcon travels at 200mph+ whilst diving and if it did not have a bulge on its nose then it's lungs would explode.

20130305084837818.jpg

Last edited:
Rafale has supersonic inlets without any visible air flux diverter.
Then again, we don't call it DSI because it doesn't use a bump so that …
Superfanboy and others would probably argue that it doesn't work?
I surmise …

Good day all, Tay.

P.S.Just kidding, there a movable opening for bypass on the bottom.

Last edited:
a dsi hasa few purposes the first is the reduce rcs which you got tight. and the second is to slow down air whils traveling at supersonic speeds. fighters such as the eurofighter and the f15 have flap which widens and narrows dependant on its speed.

dsi have a advantage to flaps at it does not have any moving parts and it saves weight and airframe complexity.
the f35 also has a dsi

actually did you know this dsi design actually came from a peregrine falcon? it's nose has a bulge so that the air traveling inside it is slow. because the peregrine falcon travels at 200mph+ whilst diving and if it did not have a bulge on its nose then it's lungs would explode.

View attachment 241042
Hey buddy nice explanation. I was referring to our DSI BOY. I had explained some concept of DSI regarding the Tejas Question here

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2] | Page 55

but your explanation adds more beautyfuly.

Thankx for your work

Ministry of Defence
31-July, 2015 14:46 IST
Light Combat Aircraft

The following shortcomings have been reported in Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas-Mk-I.

• Absence of Internal Jammer affecting survivability.

• Aircraft performance shortfalls.

• Maintainability issues.

The above shortcomings were primarily due to following reasons:

• Internal jammer technology at that time was based on TWT amplifier which needed about 1000 ltr volume space for integration on aircraft. Hence it could not be accommodated at the time of development of LCA Tejas, Mk-I.

• The maintainability issues were raised by Indian Air Force (IAF) late in 2009, when design and drawings were already frozen for Mk-I. However, many of the safety critical maintenance issues are already addressed in Mk-I.

Government has sanctioned project for development of LCA Mk-II in 2009. Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) is the prime agency for development of LCA Mk-II with the public and private partnerships.All the above mentioned shortcomings in LCA Mk-I have been addressed in LCA Mk-II version.

This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shri Ashok Shankarrao Chavan and others in Lok Sabha today.

1000 ltr volume space

A cubic meter of amplifier???

What are these made of or running on? Are they coal driven ones with steam engine included?
It's just a vacuum tube with an electron gun and power source 5 feet long by one wide should do it.

TWT amplifiers are many times smaller than what that piece quoted :
Radar Basics - Traveling Wave Tube
TWTA (Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers), TWT Amplifiers
Check this one from Wiki and 1980s Russian Gorizont sats :
1280px-TWT_Shtormovka.jpg

add a power source and protection circuits and voilà!

Maybe 100 liters at worst, 10 liters more likely from modern company, certainly not 1 000 …

Good day, Tay.

Last edited:
Rafale has supersonic inlets without any visible air flux diverter.
Then again, we don't call it DSI because it doesn't use a bump so that …
Superfanboy and others would probably argue that it doesn't work?
I surmise …

Good day all, Tay.

P.S.Just kidding, there a movable opening for bypass on the bottom.

You are giving Rafale's to our opponents ? :o:

How could you ? I thought we were brothers ! :cry:

LOL What was that about bro?
If ( hopefully ) a joke, I must be slow today, that one went right past me!

:blink: Tay.

No I always tease @Gabriel92 that 'cause the French are selling the Rafales to India I feel betrayed 'cause you guys are selling these birds to the opponent of your brother - Me ! :oops:

He always says that 'business before brotherhood' ! :pissed:

No I always tease @Gabriel92 that 'cause the French are selling the Rafales to India I feel betrayed 'cause you guys are selling these birds to the opponent of your brother - Me ! :oops:

He always says that 'business before brotherhood' !

OH! OK! Got it! I was put-off by your slight off topic, this being the Tejas thread? ;)
And do keep calm my friend, knowing Indian procurements, sorry to all Bharatis but
… even a govt-to govt deal could still falter and yield no results? 8-)

Have great day, you joker you, Tay.

India should go for GRIPEN NG as LCA Tejas has already taken so much time. And as per information, it has outdated Indian technology and they screw drive foreign parts in its for upgradation...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom