What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Another news saying delay of tejas have come up on TNN

Series of copy news will follow

Guys be mature and don't get emotional ..

Another news saying delay of tejas have come up on TNN

Series of copy news will follow

Guys be mature and don't get emotional ..
It doesnt matter if the FOC is delayed as the order for 20 copies of IOC standard needs to be manufactured first which will take atleast till end off 2017. So if FOC is achieved by end of 2016 also its should be fine. anyway HAL cannot manufacture FOC standard copies till they finish the first order of 20.
So No issues for the delay and they can as well do some more small refinements. All they need to do is by mid of 2017 they have a final version ready for serial production.

It doesnt matter if the FOC is delayed as the order for 20 copies of IOC standard needs to be manufactured first which will take atleast till end off 2017. So if FOC is achieved by end of 2016 also its should be fine. anyway HAL cannot manufacture FOC standard copies till they finish the first order of 20.
So No issues for the delay and they can as well do some more small refinements. All they need to do is by mid of 2017 they have a final version ready for serial production.

That's right, now trolls will make issue out of it, emotional friends will defend and will get banned..
That's why I want them to be tolerant now, and jump later on when tejas succeeds..

I would like to ask Couple of questions

1. Why no supersonic drop tank is been develop till now but only subsonic drop tank or any plans for CFT
2. Why IAF haven't ask to incorporating IRST in Mark 2 till now.
3. Is there any plans for incorporating TVC in F414 if yes whether it will be GE or integrating the F414 turbofan with the KLIVT TVC nozzle.
4. No one in India is developing any type of lightweight PGM, which is quite sad. Why IAF draft an ASQR for light MRCA & concurrently has not yet specified the reqmt for small air-to-ground PGMs
5. Why tejas trainer is not used for the training of su 30mki pilot as LIFT thus increasing the technical service life.
6. Why can't ADA have airborne test bed for testing and certifying airborne radars and other LRU but needs actual tejas prototype causing delays.
7. Why is the Tejas Mk1 not being re-moulded as an operational LIFT-cum-CAS platform when the Hawk Mk132 AJT is being remoulded as a CAS platform.
8. Why there is no dedicated air base for development and carring out experiments and testing for R&D could not be provided by the country for DRDO, ADA, HAL, IAF etc.
9. Why there is no development or the requirement of double or triple ejector rack pylon.
10. Does the zero tolerance in accident and the budget is causing the delay and how much is it justified.
11. With 180 su in hand should we put ourself in pressure and heat and hurry from the eastern threat and treat the present as high time to induct Tejas/Raffale.
12. Why no development work and R&D in Quartz radome and other composites after all we will be working in AMCA

If FOC is achieve earlier on than all FOC standard thus which ever will come first.

Last edited:

1. Why no supersonic drop tank is been develop till now but only subsonic drop tank or any plans for CFT
3. Is there any plans for incorporating TVC in F414 if yes whether it will be GE or integrating the F414 turbofan with the KLIVT TVC nozzle.
4. No one in India is developing any type of lightweight PGM, which is quite sad. Why IAF draft an ASQR for light MRCA & concurrently has not yet specified the reqmt for small air-to-ground PGMs
5. Why tejas trainer is not used for the training of su 30mki pilot as LIFT thus increasing the technical service life.
6. Why can't ADA have airborne test bed for testing and certifying airborne radars and other LRU but needs actual tejas prototype causing delays.
7. Why is the Tejas Mk1 not being re-moulded as an operational LIFT-cum-CAS platform when the Hawk Mk132 AJT is being remoulded as a CAS platform.
8. Why there is no dedicated air base for development and carring out experiments and testing for R&D could not be provided by the country for DRDO, ADA, HAL, IAF etc.
9. Why there is no development or the requirement of double or triple ejector rack pylon.
10. Does the zero tolerance in accident and the budget is causing the delay and how much is it justified.
11. With 180 su in hand should we put ourself in pressure and heat and hurry from the eastern threat and treat the present as high time to induct Tejas/Raffale.
12. Why no development work and R&D in Quartz radome and other composites after all we will be working in AMCA

If FOC is achieve earlier on than all FOC standard thus which ever will come first.
If I understood your question correctly:
I do not think its possible to start FOC in between. I mean HAL will manufacture 20 IOC std tejas first, [what ever might be status of FOC] and then only will look into FOC std ( this was confirmed by PS)

SIR any answer to list of questions any expert here I am new in this forum.

1. Supersonic drop tanks under development.
3. There is no such plan for TVC and it was confirmed by ex-boss of Tejas program.
5- Tejas is not designed as an advanced trainer but a point defence fighter.
10- If one accident had happened while prototypes were flying, they might shelved the program.
12- R&D going on.

1. Supersonic drop tanks under development.
3. There is no such plan for TVC and it was confirmed by ex-boss of Tejas program.
5- Tejas is not designed as an advanced trainer but a point defence fighter.
10- If one accident had happened while prototypes were flying, they might shelved the program.
12- R&D going on.
thanx for the reply
sir

7. Even though I hate to see tejas not used for CAS plans, I think hawk is planned to get modified because it's a mature platform unlike tejas.. Other that I don't see any other reason , and hawk is not a cheap aircraft.
I heard it will be around 20million $ in 2003.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom