What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Ministry of Defence
04-August, 2015 17:12 IST
Schedule for Induction of Tejas Mark Ii Aircraft Into Service

The project for design and development of Light combat Aircraft (LCA), Tejas Mk-II was sanctioned in November 2009 at a cost of Rs.2431.55 Crore with Probable Date of Completion (PDC) of December 2018. However, because of delay in finalisation of Engine Contract, the project could start only in December 2013. As a result, maiden flight of first Prototype and Operational Clearance are likely to be completed by December 2019 and December 2022, respectively. There after induction.

Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), Bengaluru is the Nodal Agency for design and development of Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas Mk-II. ADA has not entered into any collaboration with European Aircraft Manufacturers who had participated in the Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) tenders for development of Tejas Mk-II. However, ADA may like to avail consultancy from some of them.

Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas Mk-II would be an improved version of LCA Mk-I. Some of the new systems / technologies, like Active Electrically Scanned Array (AESA) Radar, Unified Electronic Warfare (EW) Suite, On Board Oxygen Generation System (OBOGS), Upgraded Avionics, etc. are to be included in LCA Tejas Mk-II to make the aircraft more contemporary. Technologies, systems engineering and experience gained during development of LCA Tejas Mk-II would benefit the development of Fifth Generation Aircraft indigenously.

This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shri Vijay Jawaharlal Darda in Rajya Sabha today.

CMRUNmgUEAEkHY8.jpg

Pinning hope on India's indigenous Tejas light combat aircraft, the Indian Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha, on Thursday was optimistic that the jet, developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) would would meet requirements of the force.

"Obviously, the Tejas is a very good bet because we need to go indigenous. It may not be best in the world but obviously it will meet some of our requirements," Raha told journalists after reviewing the security scenario in the northeast with commanders from the Eastern Air Command here.

"We want them in large quantities and larger numbers so plan are afoot to improve its quality is likely more and produce them in larger numbers some more to fill the void that the IAF has more or likely to have it in the future as the legacy fleets get decommissioned and therefore, Tejas will be one of our mainstay," he said.

"Towards that I think Make in India or indigenous production is what the government of the country is taking of so there will be a lot of fast tracking in this directions to have Make in India projects to replace these aircraft will make sense," he said.

Tejas would meet our requirements: Indian Air Force chief | Business Standard News

I am afraid this is a photo shop....40 years of development and indian have come out with a photoshop....:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
India is not china or Pak ... which everything keep so much confidential that everyone knows. lol

I am afraid this is a photo shop....40 years of development and indian have come out with a photoshop....:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Its better to keep your mouth shut if don't know anything about it.

better to look for some other options,,,,

Our dhruv has improved from block 1 to 4 , similarly LCA also will definitely improve, but first let's plan it's induction.
Just like Pakistan let's buy 50 mk1, 50 mk1a, next let's move to mk2.

Infact because of late nose cone and rufuel probe, we can even have 20 mk1 + 80 mk1a

^^the major problem with MK1 will be range. IAF wants a jet who can have enough range to cross the border and do its part. In short, it should have enough fuel in it to face J-10 across the himalayan border. Otherwise it will be just the replace of Mig-21, a interceptor+CAS jet. IAF wants all its assets to have legs to fight other side of the border.

Our dhruv has improved from block 1 to 4 , similarly LCA also will definitely improve, but first let's plan it's induction.
Just like Pakistan let's buy 50 mk1, 50 mk1a, next let's move to mk2.

Infact because of late nose cone and rufuel probe, we can even have 20 mk1 + 80 mk1a
yes wait till eternity,,:cheers:

yes wait till eternity,,:cheers:

Dude I will, after all I started reading forums because of tejas .:enjoy:

Reading about it gives me a sense of happiness :partay:

^^the major problem with MK1 will be range. IAF wants a jet who can have enough range to cross the border and do its part. In short, it should have enough fuel in it to face J-10 across the himalayan border. Otherwise it will be just the replace of Mig-21, a interceptor+CAS jet. IAF wants all its assets to have legs to fight other side of the border.

Yes atleast have 100 aircraft as just interceptor, replacing old mig 21,

Pilots can learn, tactics can be formulated , short comings can be addressed.

Later on when mk2 arrives, we can use 100 mk1 as trainers, reserves or move it to some other place where range doesn't matter.

Dude I will, after all I started reading forums because of tejas .:enjoy:

Reading about it gives me a sense of happiness :partay:

Yes atleast have 100 aircraft as just interceptor, replacing old mig 21,

Pilots can learn, tactics can be formulated , short comings can be addressed.

Later on when mk2 arrives, we can use 100 mk1 as trainers, reserves or move it to some other place where range doesn't matter.
IAF have to agree!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom