What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

LCA-Tejas FOC delayed: Update

Minister of State for Defence Subhash Bhamre while replying to a question put forward by a Parliamentarian in Rajya Sabha said that Final Operational Clearance (FOC) of LCA-Tejas will likely happen by June 2018.

Firing of Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missile with radar guidance already has been achieved but it will require further testing to meet FOC Standards, while Close Combat Missile (Python-5 ) testing is pending due to delays in carrying out modification required by OEM (Israel) for integration into LCA-Tejas for trials as per Industrial sources close to idrw.org .

India already has integrated Russian supplied R-73 Within Visual range Air-to-Air missile (WVRAAM) but decided to all so equip LCA-Tejas with Israeli manufactured Python-5 WVRAAM.

Flight testing of Tejas with an air-to-air-refuelling probe is progressing well, but much of the flight testing will be completed in the last phase since IAF has not stressed for equipping the Second batch of 20 LCA-Tejas MK-1 with Inflight-refueling probe immediately but it IFR trials are mandatory requirements which need to be cleared for granting of FOC Certifications .

Canon Gun trials of LCA-Tejas has been carried out in Ground based trials before in flight based trials could begin, but due to bad wheater at weapons testing site and due to other reasons, it is has been kept pending but testing will be completed in next few months. Other Air-to-ground weapon trials have been largely completed.

http://idrw.org/lca-tejas-foc-delayed-update/

Unless Tejas is being converted into a tank to replace dysfunctional Arjun the Tejas needs to fire its cannon in the air

Meaning that you still haven't read any of the most of the posts that is ON TOPIC , which we have continuously countered the troll ! and yet you are defending him! of which he continuously post ww1 and ww2 post in the last half hour!.... Shows your intent!
If I was here to defend him then I wouldn't engage him at all. :lol:

No-one is claiming Tejas fire it's gun in air but my question is whether you jet did it?

@Mugwop @Dazzler @The Eagle
How you guys justify these ww1 and WW2 warplanes 's pics in LCA Thread?
I never justified it man that is why I engaged with that dude. I don't have the power to ban people either.
Just ignore him until the mods make their decision.

Tejas seems to be doing well, needs to upgrade the manufacturing....
HAL slowed down the Production of IOC-1 Tejas because they don't want to put production line idle till waiting for FOC tejas.
By 2018 HAL will have Capability to produce 16 jets per year, so they can handle the Production within the schedule..

LCA-Tejas FOC delayed: Update

Minister of State for Defence Subhash Bhamre while replying to a question put forward by a Parliamentarian in Rajya Sabha said that Final Operational Clearance (FOC) of LCA-Tejas will likely happen by June 2018.

Firing of Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missile with radar guidance already has been achieved but it will require further testing to meet FOC Standards, while Close Combat Missile (Python-5 ) testing is pending due to delays in carrying out modification required by OEM (Israel) for integration into LCA-Tejas for trials as per Industrial sources close to idrw.org .

India already has integrated Russian supplied R-73 Within Visual range Air-to-Air missile (WVRAAM) but decided to all so equip LCA-Tejas with Israeli manufactured Python-5 WVRAAM.

Flight testing of Tejas with an air-to-air-refuelling probe is progressing well, but much of the flight testing will be completed in the last phase since IAF has not stressed for equipping the Second batch of 20 LCA-Tejas MK-1 with Inflight-refueling probe immediately but it IFR trials are mandatory requirements which need to be cleared for granting of FOC Certifications .

Canon Gun trials of LCA-Tejas has been carried out in Ground based trials before in flight based trials could begin, but due to bad wheater at weapons testing site and due to other reasons, it is has been kept pending but testing will be completed in next few months. Other Air-to-ground weapon trials have been largely completed.

http://idrw.org/lca-tejas-foc-delayed-update/

Unless Tejas is being converted into a tank to replace dysfunctional Arjun the Tejas needs to fire its cannon in the air

Since you guys can't have a good sleep without dragging jf-17 or Alkhalid into every discussion, read this.
what does "jf" in jf-17 stands for? Its very name tells the story. but i believe it is too difficult to get that in your head.
As for gripen, Swedes have been developing their own fighters since 60s. Theyve pioneered techs like datalink and netcentric warfare. The Saab PS series radars are the beating heart of gripen.

Now, where does your aviation industry stand?

I saw your other discussions. You call it as indigenous when you guys never integrated a single component, tested etc and it was delivered to you guys. You have 51% ownership and yes it is yours. If you can call 17 as yours why cant we call Tejas as indigenous?

Infact we loved your model and are proceeding with PakFA on 17 lines. :D

Sure, but when the Indians develop their own aircraft without a JV, it is not indigenous. :lol:

He even thinks JF 17 is a competent jet. Let it be dude. Even china has admitted it is a modern Mig 21. The nose cone of previous gen being too high on the RCS a conventional cone was strapped on it. They just keep feeding themselves this stuff.

so a country with industrial capability of stiching underwears for which even the machines are imported from China is bragging about its aerospace prowess LOL

04-xl_orig.jpg

19985574_1746477852317305_1951502937368821760_n.jpg

Update:

August 11/17: Deliveries of the LCA Tejas aircraft to the Indian Air Force (IAF) has been delayed
external.png
after the Indian Ministry of Defense (MoD) announced that state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has delivered only four aircraft to the IAF out of 40 ordered in 2005. The four aircraft so far delivered are from a batch of 20 designated for initial operational clearance (IOC), while the remaining 20 aircraft were designated for final operational clearance (FOC). In order to ramp up production, the government has established a second manufacturing line to support “structural and equipping activities. HAL has also altered the production of certain components and has reduced the manufacturing cycle time by improving supply chain management and boosting workforce.

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.co...10-but-foreign-help-sought-with-engine-01901/

Why cant the drop tanks be aero dynamic. Copy paste from Mig 21 drop tanks.

I think they are standard dimension ones. And it works. Already this jet suffers from over engineering. There is no point for us to replicate everything from set go. It is ok to have multiple iterations.

It makes more sense from a regulatory perspective as well. FOC is a regulatory issue.

Back
Top Bottom