What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

1)Me going back to school? Those are two different figures, what metrics are you even using to get 70% and 60%?
2) Of course we have better J-10s, J-20s, J-31, J-11 than JF-17 but Pakistan needed cheaper and less advanced plane to face LCA, there is no point killing a bird with a bazooka right?
3) I am not warmongering, there is no war if India submits to China. =)
This is how Chinese measure Radar power:

288600027072fbe4adb9

2) Of course we have better J-10s, J-20s, J-31, J-11 than JF-17 but Pakistan needed cheaper and less advanced plane to face LCA, there is no point killing a bird with a bazooka right?
That's why you transferred your junk to your beloved friend.
You make my day, dude

3) I am not warmongering, there is no war if India submits to China. =)
You must try. It'll clear your all doubts and hopefully you too.
CHEERS

Not to insult you, but that's how we view LCA. =). Roast pig.
Previously, you guys said LCA as stealthy (very small size) and you're saying it as PIG.
Stupid
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/lca-...s-due-to-its-small-size-chinese-media.460438/

But I like ROASTED PIGS, :yahoo:

You make my day, dude

CHEERS
It is essentially designed to counter LCA cheaply, no point using J-10s on LCA.

You make my day, dude

CHEERS

Previously, you guys said LCA as stealthy (very small size) and you're saying it as PIG.
Stupid
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/lca-...s-due-to-its-small-size-chinese-media.460438/

But I like ROASTED PIGS, :yahoo:
LCA stealthy? OK....

I was asking a surface to surface version. Do you know why there isn't one, because genius, you don't need to go supersonic against static land targets. Understand? You can just use convetional long range subsonic cruise missiles. Against moving targets like a ship with anti missile defense, you need to go fast. Therefore, range is sacrificed.

The reason India is using Brahmos for everything is because that's the only thing she has. So she creates Brahmos this and that. Until Nirbhay is proven successful, that's all she has. India can't even produce simple subsonic cruise missiles. So only can use the Russian Brahmos.

Chinese.

Speed is used to give the defense less time. It is not about moving targets.

Till now, India produced more than 20 LCAs including TD, PV, LSP & SP.
out of which Production Starting from SP-1 is only intended for IAF services.
And for you slow progressive troll mind, I would like to tell you that SP-1 to SP-20 are IOC LCAs or TEJAS MK1 which will be later upgraded to FOC specifications.

Please don't put too much pressure on your mind to contradict anything. As I cleared above that only Airframes starting from SP-1 are produced for IAF services.

Haha. You have produced so many LCA Tejas's and it is still not ready for combat?

Also, please don't compare LCA TEJAS with a Chinese metallic box

Of course we can't compare our "Chinese Metallic box" with your Indian plastic toy. Our JF-17 is ready for combat, while the LCA Tejas is not even as useful as a kid's water pistol.

With this fool techniques PAF lost its 2 jf-17 along with both pilots.
RIP pilots.
If you guys got everything as per proper check and certificates than you may save those pilots. Both died due to fixed seats.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/two-...aid-they-suffered-fatal-injuries-3503031.html

With this fool techniques IAF lost its SU-30 along with both pilots.
RIP pilots.
If you guys got everything as per proper check and certificates than you may save those pilots. Both died due to fixed seats.

So, according to you, jf-17 is only intended to replace oldies of PAF. You guys can also opt for gliders. Or we can say it as hi-tech glider.

Both the JF-17 and LCA Tejas programs were initiated to mature as replacements for the older fighter jets of the air forces. While the JF-17 has successfully managed to do that, the LCA Tejas apparently has become a university science project for India. Perhaps you guys should give airplane development and import fighters. Or we can say you should import 4.5 generation gliders.

Haha. You have produced so many LCA Tejas's and it is still not ready for combat?

Of course we can't compare our "Chinese Metallic box" with your Indian plastic toy. Our JF-17 is ready for combat, while the LCA Tejas is not even as useful as a kid's water pistol.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/two-...aid-they-suffered-fatal-injuries-3503031.html

With this fool techniques IAF lost its SU-30 along with both pilots.
RIP pilots.

Both the JF-17 and LCA Tejas programs were initiated to mature as replacements for the older fighter jets of the air forces. While the JF-17 has successfully managed to do that, the LCA Tejas apparently has become a university science project for India. Perhaps you guys should give airplane development and import fighters. Or we can say you should import 4.5 generation gliders.

JF 17 and LCA were 2 different projects with different agendas. JF 17 has still not achieved anything more than that the F7 PG has. It is yet to fire any kind of air to surface guided munition that the Mirage can. The only capability it has is to fire a select number of AAM and drop dumb bombs that even the F7 can do. JF 17 is still just a better managed program than the LCA. You needed quicker induction of the JF 17s because the Chinese F7 had lower airframe life comparitively. We were not obligated to induct an underperforming aircraft and the IAF chose to wait till the LCA can have everything before induction.

JF 17 and LCA were 2 different projects with different agendas. JF 17 has still not achieved anything more than that the F7 PG has. It is yet to fire any kind of air to surface guided munition that the Mirage can. The only capability it has is to fire a select number of AAM and drop dumb bombs that even the F7 can do. JF 17 is still just a better managed program than the LCA. You needed quicker induction of the JF 17s because the Chinese F7 had lower airframe life comparitively. We were not obligated to induct an underperforming aircraft and the IAF chose to wait till the LCA can have everything before induction.

I more or less agree with your point that the current versions of the JF-17 don't have much higher capabilities than the J-7PG they are replacing and they still have a long way to go before they truly become a 4th generation fighter jet. It is also a fact that the PAF urgently required fighter jets to replace their worn out legacy planes and so inducted the JF-17 as a matter of necessity.

But I do question the other part of your post. According to all of the articles I've read, the LCA Tejas was supposed to replace the MIGs as the main second line fighter bomber of the IAF. Not being able to induct them in a timely manner has led to the IAF's force levels falling to critical levels, and no less than the IAF chief has voiced concerns about this. The delay in the LCA Tejas has also forced the IAF to initiate the tender for large number of foreign single engined fighters to be built in India (these planes are also being lined up to replace the Migs). Now I don't think it is not illogical to think that if the LCA Tejas was available, the IAF could've saved the $20 billion that this new tender is expected to cost, and induct a much larger number of Dassault Rafales in its place.

So it seems like it wasn't only a matter of choice which led to the delay in the induction of the LCA Tejas into the IAF.

I more or less agree with your point that the current versions of the JF-17 don't have much higher capabilities than the J-7PG they are replacing and they still have a long way to go before they truly become a 4th generation fighter jet. It is also a fact that the PAF urgently required fighter jets to replace their worn out legacy planes and so inducted the JF-17 as a matter of necessity.

But I do question the other part of your post. According to all of the articles I've read, the LCA Tejas was supposed to replace the MIGs as the main second line fighter bomber of the IAF. Not being able to induct them in a timely manner has led to the IAF's force levels falling to critical levels, and no less than the IAF chief has voiced concerns about this. The delay in the LCA Tejas has also forced the IAF to initiate the tender for large number of foreign single engined fighters to be built in India (these planes are also being lined up to replace the Migs). Now I don't think it is not illogical to think that if the LCA Tejas was available, the IAF could've saved the $20 billion that this new tender is expected to cost, and induct a much larger number of Dassault Rafales in its place.

So it seems like it wasn't only a matter of choice which led to the delay in the induction of the LCA Tejas into the IAF.
Pal, stop making a joke of yourself!, when did an RFI become a tender???? .. Do some quality research before commenting!

'LCA Tejas supposed to replace MiG 21' is a hype created by media. LCA Tejas was to build an ecosystem that can in future design and build a fighter aircraft in India was the stand of DRDO from the start. We just have an existing ecosystem to manufacture and assemble a fighter aircraft but designing and building is very difficult. I think you would have faced it in your school projects too. Whatever you imagined wont be possible because of either difficulty in acquiring things or poor finances.

According to me LCA in its MK1A avatar is the best that we can do with the aircraft. Everything happens slow as India is a reservation based country rather than a merit or distinction based country. Mediocrity is the mantra as in most of south asia where we take pride in working for our white masters. But still the LCA brought in Engine design, Avionics development, and a whole number of labs for each and every component. That is what LCA did. It is too little too late. And $20 billion invested in this will yeild more dividends in future compared to the $20 billion invested in Rafale.

LCA showed us our limitations and the big mouth that most of the people in the PSU have. They talk more and work less nowadays. Too much red tapism and committees formed for over seeing committees which are supposed to over see a bunch of people. This is what caused the LCA to be dragged on. It took only 8 months for the LCA twin seater to go from scratch to prototype because it had a very small group developing it and was directly overseen by the ADA chief. That is why the design departments are always small and focussed group...once it becomes bigger it drags its feet. Like they say 'Too many cooks spoil the broth'. That stays true for LCA.

Pal, stop making a joke of yourself!, when did an RFI become a tender???? .. Do some quality research before commenting!

Pal stop being pedantic. The RFI leads to a tender, unless the IAF is non-serious and just floats RFIs because it has nothing else to do!

Back
Top Bottom