What's new

HAL pegs price of Tejas fighter at Rs 162 crore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this thread 31 pages long? India need to forget exporting LCA as India would not even purchase its only Jet fighter that it had created in decades in large quantity. The main Indian jet fighter are imported such as Mig 21, MKI, Mirage 2000 and now Rafale(it any deal is signed). Don't be fool by all the talks about LCA MKII because once this plane is available, PAKFA would be around the corner. Now, would you spend the limited Indian resources on LCA MKII ort PAKFA? the answer is obvious so India is not going to induct anything significant build in India in the near future.

Nopes.. not yet..:lol:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, if that means I'm Indian for the time being, fine with me.

kk.jpg

Thats not the point. Point is, India is buying what they are producing.

Notice the part in parenthesis where I said without our assistance. The F-CK-1 is a jet we built for them because the Chinese threw a hissy fit when we tried to export the latest F-16's to Taiwan.

Isn't Tejas modeled after Mirage? They look awful similar. :enjoy:

Last edited:
Proud of our Indian scientists and engineers :)

Where is Tejas? Is it in serial production yet? :p:

I think you're confused, JF-17 is the only fighter jet that it's host country won't even induct.

This coming from a Taiwanese poster? Build your own fighter jet (without our assistance) and then maybe you can sit at the big boys table.

a fighter jet with quality parts for 26 million or a fighter jet with second-rate Russian copied Chinese parts for $20 million?

I think I'll splurge and pay the extra $6 million.

You forget to put your country of origin flag "India" on here. Why being ashamed of India?

Where is Tejas? Is it in serial production yet? :p:

It suppose to be. But I have a feeling that India would have trouble build this plane in mass immediately as this is the first time India build an assembly line without foreign assistance.

You forget to put your country of origin flag "India" on here. Why being ashamed of India?

The same reason you're ashamed of slapping on the Red flag with the Gold star.

The same reason you're ashamed of slapping on the Red flag with the Gold star.

I'm from Taiwan. But lived here in America for over 35 years. So how do you like Payton Manning and the Broncs. It look like they are going to super bowl.

I'm from Taiwan. But lived here in America for over 35 years. So how do you like Payton Manning and the Broncs. It look like they are going to super bowl.

I'm American born in America (contrary to popular belief i'm not indian), but I do work for the Aviation Industry. Looks like I'm gonna be out $100 bucks unless either the Pats or Broncos can put up 14 more points. Surprised that the Broncos finally decided to start playing defense, just wish they'd stop for a couple minutes so the Pats can score two more touchdowns.

I'm American born in America (contrary to popular belief i'm not indian), but I do work for the Aviation Industry. Looks like I'm gonna be out $100 bucks unless either the Pats or Broncos can put up 14 more points. Surprised that the Broncos finally decided to start playing defense, just wish they'd stop for a couple minutes so the Pats can score two more touchdowns.

I just saw that they scored a TD. They are still down by 2 scores. We'll see if NE can start playing defense. To be honest with you, who ever wins here is not going to win the superbowl. Seahawks and 9ers are a league above these two.

If you work in the US aviation industry, you would know Obama is the one who tries to kill this once glorious industry. :bounce:

Senate rejects additional F-22 funding - CNN.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom