What's new

HAL pegs price of Tejas fighter at Rs 162 crore

Status
Not open for further replies.
China implemented DSI before anyone else did. JF-17 is the world's first operational DSI plane.

If that's true, then India is the first country to implement carbon composites on a fighter jet.

If that's true, then India is the first country to implement carbon composites on a fighter jet.

Answer is NO!!

F22 and Black widow build way before first Tejas prototype was launched!

I was talking about DSI. :rolleyes:

Got confused with that quote.
DSI is not a new thing and JF17 is not the first plane got DSI was F16 at least a more than a decade before Thunder got it.

China implemented DSI before anyone else did. JF-17 is the world's first operational DSI plane.
Really you are a kid.. you changed your words... you are a liar.. Read what you have mentioned in earlier post (the very first post)... understand and accept the fact you made a mistake.. than ranting

What do you mean if that is true? It is true. o_O
wrong LCA is not..

Jan 1/09: Associated Press of Pakistan quotes
external.png
Air Marshal Chadhry reportedly said that PAC has the capability to manufacture 75% of the JF-17′s avionics, and 58% of its air frame.

The Pakistani security apparatus and allied engineers not only produced the JF-17 Thunder prototype in a record period of two-and-a-half years as against a period of 8-9 years taken in the advanced world on the first model of a combat aircraft, they have also taken the Pakistani contribution in the avionics’ preparation to the optimum level of 70 per cent of the Pak-China joint endeavour and to a satisfactory figure of 58 per cent in the preparation of other essential components.

JF-17 production with China’s support - thenews.com.pk
http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-13-27030-JF-17-production-with-Chinas-support

Not was a typo in my post.. What I meant was that Pakistan produces 58% of the airframe..

No , wrong again , the first squadron had an initial strength of 14 aircraft at the time of commissioning . So that means 36 aircraft in 46 months after the first one . That is more than fine speed considering that its the first time , the country has undertook any such project , obviously the establishment of infrastructure for that takes time .

Not commenting on the speed per se.. Even with a speed of 36 planes in 46 months, making JF 16 as 60% of PAF strength will take a long time (and that's what I was saying in my original post)

Dsi means nothing more than s revised inlet for airflow. Lets not make this out to be some amazing technolgy. There is no dsi on typhoongripen or ff16 or f18 or rafale. It is no big deal.

Hey Sancho man, how credible these starts are? If you go to HAL website, they say Tejas payload to be 5.3 ton :/

Can you confirm the credibility of this chart?

HALs website / specs are the least reliable, most of the specs are from ADA/DRDO (developer of the LCA), TWRs are calculated based on these specs.

If DSI is not a big deal, JF-17 Block 1 has MAWS and JF-17 Block 2 has AESA and IRST. That has to be a big deal. :bounce:

If DSI is not a big deal, JF-17 Block 1 has MAWS and JF-17 Block 2 has AESA and IRST. That has to be a big deal. :bounce:

You really should not only learn more about DSI, but at least get your basic facts right. Block 2 will basically remain with the techs of the Block 1. The puls doppler radar will be improved with additional radar modes, no IRST, but IFR probe, some avionics and weapon additions. MAWS btw is a standard equipment for any 4th gen fighter, so isn't that special at least for most air forces.

Pak posters are getting hyperventalation on next to basic stuff DSI & MAWS.

Its basic stuff

You want to improve jf17 then go get

unstable full FBW flight control .
Compsite airframe
Aesa radars
IRST system
incorporate new generation engine
Add a range of new weapons that are non chinease to show its open architecture
Full HMS system for the pilot

These are all lacking in thunder block 1and 90% of it block 2

For the record Tejas mk1 already has 4 of these lacking only the AESA radars & IRST

PAPER SPECS of Tejas are very good

And i have just herd it going to bharain air show

I'm fairly sure JF-17 Block 2 has AESA and IRST. After all, J-10B has those. Not many fighters have MAWS. Gripen doesn't. F-16 doesn't. F-15 doesn't. Super Hornet doesn't.Tejas doesn't. JF-17 and J-10B are the only production planes that have DSI.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure JF-17 Block 2 has AESA and IRST. After all, J-10B has those.

Thats some sound logic there bud...I mean who could argue with that. :lol:

Not many fighters have MAWS. Gripen doesn't. F-16 doesn't. F-15 doesn't. Super Hornet doesn't.Tejas doesn't. JF-17 and J-10B are the only production planes that have DSI.

Ummm.... all the jets you listed have MAWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom