What's new

HAL pegs price of Tejas fighter at Rs 162 crore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beg to differ.. Tejas-Mk1 is better than Mirage-2000 in capability and FC-1 is just an remodeled MiG-21/F-7
if that is all you've got, then i would be very sorry to hear it. MK1 better than Mirage -2000? sounds weird casue IAF wanna spends billions to update the old Mirage-2000 you mentioned. Do you have any solid proof to back your claim?

if that is all you've got, then i would be very sorry to hear it. MK1 better than Mirage -2000? sounds weird casue IAF wanna spends billions to update the old Mirage-2000 you mentioned. Do you have any solid proof to back your claim?
[url="https://defence.pk/threads/lca-tejas-and-mirage-2000s-close-combat-performance.199448/"]LCA Tejas' and Mirage-2000's close combat performancehttps://defence.pk/threads/lca-tejas-and-mirage-2000s-close-combat-performance.199448/[/URL]

Give the source and type produced. What is the maximum Number of any individual fighter produced?

If war last for 15 days, You can certainly add 5 fighters during the war time if the figure of 128 is correct.
128 is the quantity that we produce in peaceful time, that number tops the world in year 2013 in the world. we could set up more assembly line in war time. China has mammoth of talent pool, we could easily organize a military compsed of 10 millions if needed. Could Vietnam stand for it? The power of China consists of both human resource and technology. I'm sorry for our enemy to face a country like China.

128 is the quantity that we produce in peaceful time, that number tops the world in year 2013 in the world. we could set up more assembly line in war time. China has mammoth of talent pool, we could easily organize a military compsed of 10 millions if needed. Could Vietnam stand for it? The power of China consists of both human resource and technology. I'm sorry for our enemy to face a country like China.

What is the time of setting up assembly line?

LCA Mk 1 is nt the final product which we see huge numbers.. its the proposed MK2 . So all ppl shud hold their horses.. let it come out first .. Let MK1 first squadron be raised.. Let Mk2 also first squadron be raised over next 5-6 years/// Then its meaningful to compare how much Mk2 has improved over Mk1 and how IAF LCA numbers and capability would be.. I guess 2018-2020 period will let us have the complete picture.. Till then yes, other fighters wud also keep on adding and upgrading Like JF 17 which is good for even LCA.. simply bcz the more the developed JF17 or J10B or any other aircraft becomes, the more wud be the expectations from IAF to incorporate maximum permissible abilities and features in LCA Mk2 implying the scope of a much improved platform..

Thus, we all should wait for the true picture to emerge then. As of now, we all are talking and comparing apples and oranges and imagining up the so called confrontations..

@wanglaokan : You are already aware that India and China wont confront simply bcz its a loss for both great nations and ultimately its the west which wins by making the situation bad.. So fact remains the Pakistan angle also would nt really arise as some where responsible ppl with level head will understand the unnecessary impact it brings to the countries involved.. My gut feeling says the present PM Mr Nawaz Sharif is much different from 1998.. At that time, he was back stabbed by Mr Musharaff and Pakistan Army.. The guys heart is good.. He does nt like to cheat ppl in either side and is god fearing.. This time, he seems far more determined to see that his position and power is nt undermined by armed forces.. Thus the so called engagement between India and Pakistan and China helping is all waste of our time and energy... Especially since u would recall adn understand that India and China needs to find a firm footing and have faith in our relationship for the well being of both the great nations.. We shud not become puppets in the hands of power mongers who pits us against each other and uses positions like pakistan/afganistan etc, sows the seeds of suspicion and distrust. As i recall the present premier of PRC Mr Li Keqiang is an economist who would like to see the asian region have more prosperity.. Thus my belief of all the above posts of too much cooked stories hold true.

When India claims China as enemy.

Why do you bring in war and enmity in pure technical discussion? Do you have any problem in understanding my post? Assembly line can not be set up and plane can not be produced out of that in war time unless war last for years like W W II. That is what I want to say you.

The production rate of LCA is too low to bring it up to the mark.
yeah.. that too.. But slowly HAL will ramp-up the production rates for Tejas...
This LCA project has been a learning, capability and capacity building exercise for the Indian aviation industry.. The fruits of this will be seen on long term basis..

HAL need to hurry up.
I second that.. There is something we two agree on.. :cheers:

HAL need to hurry up.

We want to set up a line in which top class quality fighter are produced in good number. We do not have any plan to open up new assembly line in war time and produce fighters out of it.

Why do you bring in war and enmity in pure technical discussion? Do you have any problem in understanding my post? Assembly line can not be set up and plane can not be produced out of that in war time unless war last for years like W W II. That is what I want to say you.
No one want to waste billions of hard cash when he/she doesn't see threats from others. China don't want to make India surrender or obey by force, we want sincere friendship from your heart. Understand what i say?

No one want to waste billions of hard cash when he/she doesn't see threats from others. China don't want to make India surrender or obey by force, we want sincere friendship from your heart. Understand what i say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom