What's new

HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

Thanks for the Info Sancho - However I read somewhere that IA did test the spike ATGM sometime back and it failed the desert tests and hot summer tests.

LCH will most probably carry the same weapons package for Dhruv. So far I dont know what ATGM dhruv will use.

We have recent baught some 2000 Milan II ATGMs, so that gives me some indication that Milan II will be used for ATGM roles for the time being.

Anyways - Still not sure but if we can figure out what ATGM Dhruv will be usibng then it can be made clear. I have searched and found nothing..but still searching:)

As I said, Milan is just for the army and there is no air launched version of it. I expect Spike or Hellfire, because it was offered from the US, but lets see.

My point is that LCH seems to be a success while arjun and tejas are not.

Arjun proved its metal Against T-90, If Arjun is a failure So IS T-90 According to you??? 250 Ordered, and The development fund for MK2 approved.

LCA Tejas, Completed thousands of flight tests, But HAL could not compete with the pace of IAF standards, IAF kep on changing its standards and Requirement.... My Dear Rafale took Two decade aswell.... And Its getting IOC this December

I dont want to discuss these two here but 25 years in development of a plane, by the time mk2 comes out its going to be 35 years since the the plane was started. Hence, the platform will already be obsolete.
same goes for arjun.

In the field of defense, i don't think nations the have time and precious taxpayers money JUST TO LEARN LESSONS specially when they have enemies sitting on two of their borders. The government is wasting money on learning lessons while half of your population is dying of hunger? would you call that moral? how many other countries have spent so much time learning just lessons?

LCA tejas was Our second Aircraft project, but to jump 2 generations Ahead is not a child play, LCA Tejas has Indian Avionics and Softwares, But as the requirements are urgen engines are not Indian , But Kaveri will be ready for MK2.We Tax Payers want our Country to be self dependent, I dont think We care about it much, A countries Growth is dependent on how much it has progressed In the fields It requires the Most.... The More we spend today, the more we earn Tomorrow, we Work on that principle....India is a Super Power In the making

Why waste time when you can easily obtain all the necessary avionics and other hardware from friendly countries like Russia and Israel who won't even put sanctions rather support you in hard times.

Because To remain as Friendly Countries we need to improve our potential, Like tomorrow in case of any Conflict, We must be able to Support Our Allies..... And We want our Country to be self sufficient

Anyhow, dhruv took 5 years. and LCH took 2. this is how you define success. money well spent.

Yes, Success is Not measured in time, But Experience

Last edited:
where does lch stand in comparsion to chinese ZHI-10
Zhi-10 Attack Helicopter
z10_01.jpg

Zhi-10

The Zhi-10 (Z-10) attack helicopter has been developed by Changhe Aircraft Industries Group (CAIG) and China Helicopter Research and Development Institute (CHRDI), both based in Jingdezhen, Jiangxi Province. Another PRC helicopter manufacturer, Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Company (HAMC), may have also involved in the development programme.

The Z-10 is thought to be in the same class as the Agusta A-129, South African Rooivalk, and German Tiger. Its primary mission is anti-armour and battlefield interdiction, with a secondary capability for air-to-air combat. The helicopter first flew on 29 April 2003. A small number of prototypes have been undergoing test and evaluation.

The PRC began to develop a dedicated attack helicopter in the mid-1990s. AVIC II, the parent company of CAIG and CHRDI, has been working with European partners on a common helicopter dynamic system, which can be used on both the proposed medium helicopter and the attack helicopter. However, no foreign firm has been directly involved in the Z-10 development.

The helicopter is powered by two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67C turboshaft engines. The PRC will need to obtain the engine production license, or develop an alternative engine before the serial production of the helicopter can begin.

Design

Internet source photos revealed that the Z-10 has a conventional attack helicopter layout, with the pilot and weapons operator seated in tandem, stepped cockpits. The helicopter has a five-blade main rotor and a four-blade tail rotor. Two engines are podded to the helicopter just to the rear of the cockpit. The fuselage has a sloped side to reduce its radar cross section (RCS), and is slender and tapered to the rear, with fixed landing gear. The tail boom tapers to the rear, with a high, swept-back fin with square tip. The flats are unequally tapered with a square tip, while the belly fin has the rear landing wheel attached. The tail rotor is mounted on the right side.

The helicopter is thought to be fitted with a ‘fly-by-wire‘ (FBW) control system, and a modern glass cockpit with multifunctional display (MFD) screens. The helicopter crew may also be equipped with a helmet-mounted sight (HMS) for head-up display of information and weapon control.

Weapons

The helicopter is fitted with a cannon (23mm?) mounted under the nose. Two stub wings provide four stores stations for external ordinance. A new-generation anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) HJ-10 is currently in development. The missile is thought to be comparable to the U.S. AGM-114 Hellfire. The helicopter can carry up to eight missiles under the stub wings for anti-armour role. Alternatively, the helicopter can carry unguided rocket pods for ground attack, or TY-90 short-range air-to-air missiles for air combat.

Electronic Equipments

An observation unit consisting of a forward looking infrared (FLIR) and a low-light television is mounted on a steerable platform at the nose of the helicopter. The electronic countermeasures (ECM) suite consists of radar warning receiver (RWR), laser warning receiver, infrared jammer and chaff / flare decoy dispenser.

Engines

The Z-10 is powered by two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67C turboshaft engines with Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC). The engines have a maximum continuous power of 1,531hp (1,142kw) each.

speaking about Apache helicopter but showing Mi-35 wooooooo our media is rocking

does anyone know when the dhruv armed version will be inducted and the quantity to be procured?

+ sorry, also what is the timeline for inductinf the foriegn heavy attack helos(apaches...)?thanks

does anyone know when the dhruv armed version will be inducted and the quantity to be procured?
Its already inducted in the army with the latest weapons package. I have no clue about the numbers though.

+ sorry, also what is the timeline for inductinf the foriegn heavy attack helos(apaches...)?thanks

The trials are begining in July, after which it will take 2 years for deal to to be signed and production to start, I guess...so take that as 2 years....There are 22 attack helis India needs.

Last edited:
Its already inducted in the army with the latest weapons package. I have no clue about the numbers though

WSI Dhruv is still undergoing weapon trials , its not yet inducted .

Back
Top Bottom