What's new

HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

@S.U.R.B. i was about to ask if that was the casing - but the way it rolled out did not look like it was "designed" to roll out that way. your theory sounds more plausible - it was probably an earlier round that got stuck - but got gunked out on impact after the ski jump. and thats kind of worrying - points to some design deficiencies in my opinion (again - only my opinion on what I have seen from that video).

but - thanks for the detailed explanation - sorry am not worth more than a like in these forums even though i have been here for 6 years

Technology Demonstrator-4 (TD-4) of Light Combat Helicopter is now flying. You can notice the "TRISHUL" sign on the chopper. Earlier TD had a "TIGER" mark or were painted in different camo.
With more TD's, HAL will be able to get its IOC within timeframe
13419072_1118364134908307_6559524214210359430_n.jpg

Technology Demonstrator-4 (TD-4) of Light Combat Helicopter is now flying. You can notice the "TRISHUL" sign on the chopper. Earlier TD had a "TIGER" mark or were painted in different camo.
With more TD's, HAL will be able to get its IOC within timeframe
13419072_1118364134908307_6559524214210359430_n.jpg
Looks new but you sure its not just the update on older TDs ??? Any official sourse for TH4 ???
@Abingdonboy

What is the comparison???? It has almost double weight with weaker engine. T/W ration of chinese chopper is less than 50% of LCH. Where is comparison.?

As LCH is designed for high altitude warfare , Z 10 also has the same service ceiling , more combat radius,it's present with 100+ in service ,more take off weight etc apart from the higher thrust to weight ratio of LCH.

may be that's the reason why the article compares it .

Let alone the handful of AH - 64s, LCH will be the main attack helo for IAF and China will be with Z-10 and Z-19 .

What is the comparison???? It has almost double weight with weaker engine. T/W ration of chinese chopper is less than 50% of LCH. Where is comparison.?
Both are 5.5 ton helicopters. Z10's weak engine is a known issue. It has been enhanced slightly but a new engine is certainly needed.

The point is Prasad, no one knows the weight nor capability of the WZ-10, you just got it from Wikipedia. I always tell my friends, China does not need to spy on India, they will “announce” it for you, and then you just add 20 years to it. They will even give you all the details and yes official details.Walla!

Helicopters are not really hard to design and manufacture, we have been doing it for decades. The key technologies here are the engines, and I mean indigenous ones, whereby a 2kw one had been successfully developed in China. Do you have one?

I am not so sure about the domestic content of Shakti, most likely screw driver tech with a label?

And this LCH is still under testing? Only 4 made? Trust me it will take you another decade.

Last edited:
As LCH is designed for high altitude warfare , Z 10 also has the same service ceiling , more combat radius,it's present with 100+ in service ,more take off weight etc apart from the higher thrust to weight ratio of LCH.

may be that's the reason why the article compares it .

Let alone the handful of AH - 64s, LCH will be the main attack helo for IAF and China will be with Z-10 and Z-19 .

Do you believe chinese claim. As per the simulation study of Vivek Ahuja, Z 10 can not carry more than 500 KG at any altitude above 10000 m (Infact any chopper wighing 5500 weight with z10 type of power engine.) . They are the people of tall claim and low achievement. Z 10 is a junk worth hardly anything. It is too bulky with a very weak engine. It can not carry a decent payload and fly at high altitude.

The point is Prasad, no one knows the weight nor capability of the WZ-10, you just got it from Wikipedia. I always tell my friends, China does not need to spy on India, they will “announce” it for you, and then you just add 20 years to it. They will even give you all the details and yes official details.Walla!

Helicopters are not really hard to design and manufacture, we have been doing it for decades. The key technologies here are the engines, and I mean indigenous ones, whereby a 2kw one had been successfully developed in China. Do you have one?

I am not so sure about the domestic content of Shakti, most likely screw driver tech with a label?

And this LCH is still under testing? Only 4 made? Trust me it will take you another decade.

If i believe you than I do not see any point in chinese fanboys getting excited of Z 10's capability as DATA is not known. The DATA is very much true and available on many open forum. You just try to use this as the cover up the weakness of Z10.

Both are 5.5 ton helicopters. Z10's weak engine is a known issue. It has been enhanced slightly but a new engine is certainly needed.

Man LCH weighs just half of Z10. Both are not in same category. In addition, LCH has got more powerful engine now. so it is more powerful than what it was couple of years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, yes Hari, you can imagine and jerk yourself to orgasm. Your technology is pathetic, apart from screw driver and sticker tech. Even your Shakti is screw driver tech. Wow, an Indian analyst on Z-10. Half the weight? Funny nobody ever buys Indian weapons. You can't even make a decent rifle for God's sake.

There are better ways to show your disagreement...Rated negative, Edit the post and get it reversed....

Back
Top Bottom