What's new

HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

Who i

who is this

A new army aviation pilot??? Man I would call in air support 24x7!!!!!

Total LCH order for IAF and IA could be around 170. HAL need to now focus on the LUH and NLUH. There is huge demand of the utility hellicopter for both civilian and military purpose.

Strangely, why IA is not giving order for Rudra Gunship.

Budgetary constraints so far. Aviation brigade per corps is under progress. Will take time.

ALH is indeed an awesome platform. The only issue is our QA which at times makes us loose faith ... and the supply of spares remains a pain .. but should stabilise in another couple of years as numbers grow.
Loved flying in it (not as a pilot as I am not) especially in high altitude performance, I was impressed .....
@Abingdonboy thanks for the tag .... your updates have been a pleasure ... can't thank them all individually as am too lazy (Sorry for that) .. so one big THANK YOU!!!!

Total LCH order for IAF and IA could be around 170. HAL need to now focus on the LUH and NLUH. There is huge demand of the utility hellicopter for both civilian and military purpose.

Strangely, why IA is not giving order for Rudra Gunship.

It's ordered, in production, and flying with the IA ---

Rudra.jpg

IA-2101

T5RIAWu.jpg

1_1.jpg

IA-2102
D75bTLL.jpg

IA-2105
1qZbBVl.jpg

sdeImSw.jpg

IA-2107
idkriLX.png

IA-2109
U8jdaN7.png

IA-2113

IA-2101 Seen
IA-2102 Seen
IA-2103 Unseen
IA-2104 Unseen
IA-2105 Seen
IA-2106 Unseen
IA-2107 Seen
IA-2108 Unseen
IA-2109 seen
IA-2110 Unseen
IA-2111 Unseen
IA-2112 Unseen

IA-2113 seen

Indian Army Aviation Rudras.

Is the LCH already being produced? In the sense is there a manufacturing set up for this already? what is the rate of production? I read on defence web that a few countries from Africa are potential customers already - I guess this to be taken with a few pounds of salt?

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.p...ter&catid=124:military-helicopters&Itemid=282

India is apparently in talks with African countries interested in its Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), which is edging closer to production.

According to the Press Trust of India, an unnamed senior defence official said some African countries have shown interest in the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) LCH and the defence ministry is in talks with them as the aircraft is good value for money.

The LCH is still under development, with weapons trials expected in July-August this year. Weapons trials are part of the helicopter’s certification process.

The Indian Army has ordered 114 and the Indian Air Force 65.

The LCH is a derivative of HAL’s the Dhruv light transport helicopter. Although developing the LCH from the Dhruv was intended to save costs and time, the timetable has slipped - largely due to problems with excess weight. First flight of the Turbomeca/HAL Ardiden 1H (Shakti) powered aircraft took place in March 2010, a year behind schedule.

An important feature of the LCH is its ceiling of 6 000 metres (19 700 ft), considerably greater than the Mi-24’s 4 500 metres (14 800 ft). It retains the Dhruv airframe except for a new forward fuselage with tandem crew seating. The LCH features the same weapons system as the Dhruv Weapon System Integrated (WSI) version, which includes a Nexter 20 mm M621 cannon mounted in a THL 20 turret under the nose. Stub wings carry four twin anti-tank guided missile launchers for 7 km (4 mile) range Helina anti-tank missiles, four 70 mm (2.75 in) rocket pods and a pair of twin air-to-air missile launchers for Mistral missiles. Other key features of the helicopter include stealth, a glass cockpit, armour protection, crashworthiness and avionics for night operations (CCD TV, FLIR and laser rangefinder/designator).

@PARIKRAMA @knight11 @ni8mare @hellfire @Koovie @danish_vij @SR-91 @Koovie @Echo_419 @Levina @MilSpec @nair @SpArK @Water Car Engineer @acetophenol @ito @Star Wars @ranjeet @arp2041 @Bombaywalla @Foxbat Alok @The Huskar @The_Sidewinder @proud_indian @Nilgiri @Roybot @kbd-raaf @JanjaWeed @hinduguy @Parul@Marxist @Sam. @Samudra Manthan @MKC @Armani @jaunty @lover @mkb95 @noksss @Sky lord @skyisthelimit @Dash @Archie @hembo @Kal Muah @AugenBlick @cloud_9 @Iggy @DesiGuy1403 @jbgt90 @Cherokee @T-72M1 @spartan117

Rudra for the IAF:

tumblr_o7fbc8q8zw1tjfjuco1_1280.png

tumblr_o7fbc8q8zw1tjfjuco2_1280.png

tumblr_o7fbc8q8zw1tjfjuco3_1280.png

tumblr_o7fbc8q8zw1tjfjuco4_1280.png

I had no idea the IAF had placed orders for the Rudra (I thought only the IA had had to date), a very pleasant surprise.

HAL need to focus on greatly expanding their productive capacity now; the ALH, Rudra and LCH are all in great demand.

+ complete kudos to HAL, creating a world class product (ALH) right out of the gates, continuously developing it (MK.1, Mk.2, Mk.3, Rudra etc etc) and then building on that experience to create the LCH which by all accounts will be a world class product in its own right.

Yes, I think IAF has 16 of them on order.

Is the LCH already being produced? In the sense is there a manufacturing set up for this already? what is the rate of production? I read on defence web that a few countries from Africa are potential customers already - I guess this to be taken with a few pounds of salt?

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.p...ter&catid=124:military-helicopters&Itemid=282

India is apparently in talks with African countries interested in its Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), which is edging closer to production.

According to the Press Trust of India, an unnamed senior defence official said some African countries have shown interest in the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) LCH and the defence ministry is in talks with them as the aircraft is good value for money.

The LCH is still under development, with weapons trials expected in July-August this year. Weapons trials are part of the helicopter’s certification process.

The Indian Army has ordered 114 and the Indian Air Force 65.

The LCH is a derivative of HAL’s the Dhruv light transport helicopter. Although developing the LCH from the Dhruv was intended to save costs and time, the timetable has slipped - largely due to problems with excess weight. First flight of the Turbomeca/HAL Ardiden 1H (Shakti) powered aircraft took place in March 2010, a year behind schedule.

An important feature of the LCH is its ceiling of 6 000 metres (19 700 ft), considerably greater than the Mi-24’s 4 500 metres (14 800 ft). It retains the Dhruv airframe except for a new forward fuselage with tandem crew seating. The LCH features the same weapons system as the Dhruv Weapon System Integrated (WSI) version, which includes a Nexter 20 mm M621 cannon mounted in a THL 20 turret under the nose. Stub wings carry four twin anti-tank guided missile launchers for 7 km (4 mile) range Helina anti-tank missiles, four 70 mm (2.75 in) rocket pods and a pair of twin air-to-air missile launchers for Mistral missiles. Other key features of the helicopter include stealth, a glass cockpit, armour protection, crashworthiness and avionics for night operations (CCD TV, FLIR and laser rangefinder/designator).

There's a massive plant coming up for heli manufacturing and development recently laid.

0.66627300-1451810223-pm-modi-lays-foundation-stone-for-new-helicopter-manufacturing-unit-tumakuru-karnataka-6.JPG

First heli out of this plant is planned by 2018. This plant will produce LCH, LUH, among others.

Brother don't buy into that cr@p, there is zero evidence there are QA issues with the ALH at all.

Er .... personal experience here ... been in that platform quite a few times ....!!! Anyways that was old news. Post 13 May 2013 ALH loss in Siachen at Sonam Base (which was in news lately for the avalanche) there was a major overhaul of the whole supply chain ....

P1040217.jpg

copyright image of poster!!!!

The beauty in the highest battlefield making a supply drop .......

@PARIKRAMA @knight11 @ni8mare @hellfire @Koovie @danish_vij @SR-91 @Koovie @Echo_419 @Levina @MilSpec @nair @SpArK @Water Car Engineer @acetophenol @ito @Star Wars @ranjeet @arp2041 @Bombaywalla @Foxbat Alok @The Huskar @The_Sidewinder @proud_indian @Nilgiri @Roybot @kbd-raaf @JanjaWeed @hinduguy @Parul@Marxist @Sam. @Samudra Manthan @MKC @Armani @jaunty @lover @mkb95 @noksss @Sky lord @skyisthelimit @Dash @Archie @hembo @Kal Muah @AugenBlick @cloud_9 @Iggy @DesiGuy1403 @jbgt90 @Cherokee @T-72M1 @spartan117

Rudra for the IAF:

tumblr_o7fbc8q8zw1tjfjuco1_1280.png

tumblr_o7fbc8q8zw1tjfjuco2_1280.png

tumblr_o7fbc8q8zw1tjfjuco3_1280.png

tumblr_o7fbc8q8zw1tjfjuco4_1280.png

I had no idea the IAF had placed orders for the Rudra (I thought only the IA had had to date), a very pleasant surprise.

HAL need to focus on greatly expanding their productive capacity now; the ALH, Rudra and LCH are all in great demand.

+ complete kudos to HAL, creating a world class product (ALH) right out of the gates, continuously developing it (MK.1, Mk.2, Mk.3, Rudra etc etc) and then building on that experience to create the LCH which by all accounts will be a world class product in its own right.

That looks phenomenal. I like the IAF colors way more than the IA ones. What we can expect for IAF LCH as well.

Is the LCH already being produced?
IOC will be attained this year and production will begin in 2018.

Yes, I think IAF has 16 of them on order.
I have no idea but 16 seems to be far to small,it isn't even a HU's (the IAF's rotary wing SQN designations) worth. I'd have thought the minimum order would be 32 units to make the logistics viable.

That looks phenomenal. I like the IAF colors way more than the IA ones. What we can expect for IAF LCH as well.
Agreed, the IA seems to have opted (for now) a black paintjob for their Rudras which I think is most impractical, in IAF colours the Rudra (and ALH) look great.

Back
Top Bottom