What's new

HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

The LCH is going to be a phenomenal success.

+ I like that the IAF demonstrated the hi-lo combo way the LCH will be operated with the Mi-35 and in the future the AH-64E. That's going to be quite a punch with two way data links and Longbow equipped Apaches.

@PARIKRAMA

Actually this is where we may get to see some interesting options.. SIPRI says out of 22 Apaches 12 are longbow radar editions.. Now 12 longbows individually or in 6 pairs actually can help guide a fleet of individual LCH to missions in a manner which can showcase an awesome strategy.

Lets simply imagine a 14+ heli attack formation
2 AH 64E
2 AH 64 E Longbow
10+ LCH

The Longbows does all the scouting with sensors and battle management.. Long standoff guding everybody else going blind.
The 2 apaches acts as cover for Longbow
The LCH more or less goes for the mission kills based on Apache Longbow inputs

Actually this is where we may get to see some interesting options.. SIPRI says out of 22 Apaches 12 are longbow radar editions.. Now 12 longbows individually or in 6 pairs actually can help guide a fleet of individual LCH to missions in a manner which can showcase an awesome strategy.

Lets simply imagine a 14+ heli attack formation
2 AH 64E
2 AH 64 E Longbow
10+ LCH

The Longbows does all the scouting with sensors and battle management.. Long standoff guding everybody else going blind.
The 2 apaches acts as cover for Longbow
The LCH more or less goes for the mission kills based on Apache Longbow inputs
A very nice analysis there and I agree fully, this is exactly how the US Army operates their Apaches (although they operate on a 1:3/1:4 Apache to Non-Apache ratio). There is still clearly scope for a large number of addtional Apache orders (beyond the 11 follow-on for the IAF and 39 the IA is looking at) given the total number of LCH that the IA and IAF have on order is about 180 units.

Has there been progress on the Light Combat Helicopter?

As a platform, the LCH has passed all requirements. It is now a viable platform and depending on the weapons requirement by the Army, the Air Force or another country, we will integrate them. Two countries have expressed keenness in the product and we would approach them shortly. We have got clearance from the government to export the choppers a few months ago.

What is the progress in setting up a new helicopter facility for engines?

We are looking at a joint venture company to be formed withTurbomeca and are trying to locate a place to build a facility in Goa. This will be for work on the Shakti and 2B2 engines. We are looking to close this in not more than 60 days by choosing a place that suits us.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...varna-raju/articleshow/51834356.cms?prtpage=1

As a platform, the LCH has passed all requirements. It is now a viable platform and depending on the weapons requirement by the Army, the Air Force or another country, we will integrate them. Two countries have expressed keenness in the product and we would approach them shortly. We have got clearance from the government to export the choppers a few months ago.

We are looking at a joint venture company to be formed wit and are trying to locate a place to build a facility in Goa. This will be for work on the Shakti and 2B2 engines. We are looking to close this in not more than 60 days by choosing a place that suits us.

Let me guess, Vietnam and Oman?

We are looking at a joint venture company to be formed withTurbomeca and are trying to locate a place to build a facility in Goa. This will be for work on the Shakti and 2B2 engines. We are looking to close this in not more than 60 days by choosing a place that suits us.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...varna-raju/articleshow/51834356.cms?prtpage=1
Exports should be considered irrelevent at this stage, focus on getting the LCH into the Indian armed forces first. But I do understand the compulsion to secure export orders from a "glamour" point of view.

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @Horus Don't you think, LCA Naval should have separate Sticky thread.

P5HaxBE.jpg

Exports should be considered irrelevent at this stage, focus on getting the LCH into the Indian armed forces first. But I do understand the compulsion to secure export orders from a "glamour" point of view.

I think exports should e a very high priority. On the imports front we're burning cash left, right and centre. Exports will help us cushion that a big.

I think exports should e a very high priority. On the imports front we're burning cash left, right and centre. Exports will help us cushion that a big.
The priority should be Indian service IMO, exports can come later, it's not like India is facing any serious financial constraints or an economic crisis.

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @Horus Don't you think, LCA Naval should have separate Sticky thread.

P5HaxBE.jpg
I don't see the issue with keeping it in the LCA thread bro.

Back
Top Bottom