What's new

HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

As of the paint job...well, this is still HAL's idea. The earlier digicam was also HAL's decision. The chopper isn't inducted into service yet once IAF gets it, they may choose to repaint it as they please. The current urban camo-looking paint may actually work in the Himalayas which is LCH's preferred playground (saying it because we're most likely to find great use for it there).
I'm almost certain the IAF will have them in their standard solid grey (as they did with the Mi-35s), it will be interesting to see what the IA puts on their LCHs but I suspect it will vary command to command for the AAC's LCH (as is the case with their ALHs as of now).

That said, I'm actually contemplating what the Apache & Chinook could like in IAF colors! The grey on Apache would either look very good, or very bad.

I've been thinking this for a while I'm almost certain they will also be the standard IAF grey, it will take a while to get used to that given the standard colours these things sport with 99% of other users:

apache-helicopter.jpg

30Grey_Apache_010.jpg

F%20%285%29.jpg

8079998604_01bb138602_b.jpg

I'm almost certain the IAF will have them in their standard solid grey (as they did with the Mi-35s), it will be interesting to see what the IA puts on their LCHs but I suspect it will vary command to command for the AAC's LCH (as is the case with their ALHs as of now).

I've been thinking this for a while I'm almost certain they will also be the standard IAF grey, it will take a while to get used to that given the standard colours these things sport with 99% of other users:

apache-helicopter.jpg

30Grey_Apache_010.jpg

F%20%285%29.jpg

8079998604_01bb138602_b.jpg

Chinook looks dashing in grey! But Apache....I don't know what to say. It seems as though the paint peeled off...or as if it's yet to be painted. You're right it's gonna take some time getting used to seeing Apaches like this. Guess the sooner I start the better.

Chinook looks dashing in grey! But Apache....I don't know what to say. It seems as though the paint peeled off...or as if it's yet to be painted. You're right it's gonna take some time getting used to seeing Apaches like this. Guess the sooner I start the better.
I hope sometime soon the IAF adopts low-vis markings on their birds, I think the full colour roundals and tail flash stick out a bit too much:

iaf-mi-35-helicopter_650x400_71451744322.jpg

1504867.jpg

HAL's indigenously built LCH fires rockets

Bengaluru, March 14:
After successful completion of basic performance flight testing and outstation trials for cold weather, hot weather and hot and high altitude testing in the year 2015, the Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) has achieved yet another milestone by satisfactory firing of Rockets (70 mm) from its prototype, TD-3 in weaponized configuration.

“The initial rocket firing trials have been carried out at Jaisalmer, establishing satisfactory integration of hardware and software, structural integrity and safe separation of rocket ammunition. Integration of weapons such as Rocket, Turret Gun (20 mm) and Air to Air Missile on LCH will further continue”, said T Suvarna Raju, CMD, HAL.

“These trials give us confidence for carrying out certification firing trials planned during Apr-May 2016”, he added.

LCH will participate in IAF’s 'Iron Fist 2016’ exercise on March 18, 2016. The LCH TD-3 is integrated with Electo-Optical (EO) System, Solid State Digital Video Recording System (SSDVR) and 70mm Rocket system in conjunction with an updated Glass Cockpit software to cater for rocket firing.

HAL's indigenously built LCH fires rockets | Business Line

HAL LCH At Iron Fist
The LCH is going to be a phenomenal success.

+ I like that the IAF demonstrated the hi-lo combo way the LCH will be operated with the Mi-35 and in the future the AH-64E. That's going to be quite a punch with two way data links and Longbow equipped Apaches.

@PARIKRAMA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom