What's new

HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

Well as far as I know, only TD-1 was referred as 'Technology Demonstrator and rest are referred as 'Prototypes' but still their marking is same as TD-2,3 etc. TD-4 will be last one and then it will enter into production. Anyway from TD-1 to TD-3, There have been lots and lots of improvements and TD-4 is expected to be more lighter which will go to production.
And yes many trials have been successfully completed as so far there have been no issues in any one of them.
India's light combat helicopter completes crucial trials | Business Standard Mobile Website

User trail means "test drive" for the end users, so the manufacturer can collect feedback. Not sure how is done in India. Chinese weapons would be in PLA for "USER TRAIL" for quite some time, before the manufacturer frozen the final design.

So In Short TD4 is basically an improoved LCH after both army and airforce suggested some minor changes and feed backs ?

Feedback from the test pilots, and also feedback from data retrieved various instruments. In TD3 the door hatches were changed, a change mentioned by the test pilots. The cockpit windows were reduced. The weapon stubs were redesigned, landing gear and gun were given fairings, which Im guessing is to reduce drag. And the whole engine housing was elongated, which I am going to take an un-educated guess and say it might have something to do with suppressing it's IR signature, cant be so sure on that. And a cavity was cut to get more air to the engine. But these are some examples.

qHXlAyA.jpg

P1010130-731857.JPG

hal-completes-hot-high-altitude-trials-of-lch-at-leh-first-attack-helicopter-to-land-at-forward-base.jpg

I am not sure how involved army and AF are in the developmental trials. The test pilots are from those branches though, I think.

But yes, the next batch should be the closest to the production model.

Last edited:
User trail means "test drive" for the end users, so the manufacturer can collect feedback. Not sure how is done in India. Chinese weapons would be in PLA for "USER TRAIL" for quite some time, before the manufacturer frozen the final design.
Not sure of that buddy but what I know is IAF and Army officials review every trials very closely and they were very impressed by its high altitude performances last year. Also so far they have raised no issues like in case of Tejas.

The LCH is a collaborative effort with the IA and IAF involved in the design and testing process. DRDO and HAL being state owned enterprises means that the Govt has the ability to moniter the process at every stage. All HAL test pilots are ex-IA/IAF and the designers (HAL) are explicitly working to the specifications the IAF and IA (GSQRs), without the product meeting the user's requirements HAL won't be able to deliver the product nor consider their development a success.

In short, the LCH is not being designed and tested in a vacum, it has all stakeholders in the loop.

sir can anyone tell me detailed difference between rudra and lch capabilities? because buth of them seem equally capable in terms or mutitions they will carry and sensors aboard ?

sir can anyone tell me detailed difference between rudra and lch capabilities? because buth of them seem equally capable in terms or mutitions they will carry and sensors aboard ?
Well avionics and weapon package is more or less but same. While LCH is a pure gunship and thus have better agility, armour etc which Rudra may lack. But again Rudra can carry troops and thus better suited for situation like troop insertion and armed support to them( say in a COIN mission).

From the pics they've shown, it gives me an idea they have a decent brief of it. Especially the part when they showed all three TDs a part. Find it hilarious a Chinese media is doing it better than any Indian one I can think of. :lol:

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/hal-lch-updates-and-discussions.343654/page-83#ixzz3yPfIfdaY
PLA has propaganda brigade.
You know how Indian media and politicians throw the word indigenous around. Well the PLA for their part will take a lic prod aircraft like Su-27 and start calling it a J something. Half of the new hardware the PLA is getting is former USSR stuff or technology bought from broke former USSR nations. CCP has a military embargo on them which is actually hitting their RnD budget. Which is huge. One has to wonder, how much money PLA has.
In India's favor. India need not compete Dollar for dollar, but instead rely on allies like Russia, France, EU,Israel and now America on consultation or just make in India.
If you note, the Oniks was not in full service until India financed the project. A lot of top secret Soviet arsenals and being financed by Indian money.
The difficulty is with such a relationship, is that both parties don't want to step on each others toes. Hence why Russia is considered defacto partner or shareholder in almost all strategic level weapons.

Latest LCH from HAL Raju :

Weapon integration going on for LCH!!!

By September the systems integration will be completed he says Proved

By March we will be flying LCH with weapons!!!

Back
Top Bottom