What's new

HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

^^^^^^^^

rambo 5 !!!!!!! , WTF !!!!!!!!

first of it was rambo 3

second , WTF !!! , rambo! ,rambo! . Those movies are well known for their accuracy.[sarcastic]

And thridly , this is the quality of Indian defence journalists , they talk about rambo .

This actually makes Shiv Aroor look like genius for at least knwoing what he is talking about.

Can anybosy tell me whats the LCH has now that dhruv doesnt have?, what could be the missions performed by these helis if they have to be deployed in war zone?

Now comes the LUH:

HAL+230510+747.jpg

HAL+230510+747.jpg

Its looklike more than a dummy may after FOC(2011) of LCH we can expext these things:cheers:

The way IAF chief Barbora spoke, his racism and prejudice towards HAL is clearly showing.

He would never say such things about British company who supplied third-quality AJT Hawk spare parts.

Also, I don't expect import-hungry IAF to place any big order for LCH. They will keep making excuses. LCH will end up Arjun way, a great product but tiny fundings and orders.

The way IAF chief Barbora spoke, his racism and prejudice towards HAL is clearly showing.

He would never say such things about British company who supplied third-quality AJT Hawk spare parts.

Also, I don't expect import-hungry IAF to place any big order for LCH. They will keep making excuses. LCH will end up Arjun way, a great product but tiny fundings and orders.

:what:

Please do enlighten , us how you have reached this conclusion.

Last i checked IAF put in an order for 60+ LCH

and IA put it orders for twice that.

Air Marshal PK Barbora is the vice chief of the IAF not chief. Can you enlighten us what 'racism' and 'prejudice' remarks he made about HAL? :rolleyes:

Can anybosy tell me whats the LCH has now that dhruv doesnt have?, what could be the missions performed by these helis if they have to be deployed in war zone?

Extra maneuverability with stability to deliver weapons due to upgraded FCS .
New targeting system with Optronics and HMS for delivery . Better FLIR than armed Dhruv .
Better countermeasures built in from start inside , DIRCMS and RWR,LWR .most probably Israeli
Protection from NBC warfare as well.

Extra maneuverability with stability to deliver weapons due to upgraded FCS .
New targeting system with Optronics and HMS for delivery . Better FLIR than armed Dhruv .
Better countermeasures built in from start inside , DIRCMS and RWR,LWR .most probably Israeli
Protection from NBC warfare as well.
Hmm. Lt Prateek - You left the second question unanswered as a part of operational doctrine I guess?:), anyways...Thanks.

Now can we say that Helina is actually getting into LCH's kit?, or if any delays happen then what options are we considering....

Lessons , the key important word ,

You see sir, India has learned her lessons building Helicopters from the ALH(Dhurv) .A heli that was also critiqued alongside the tejas and the Arjun . but what did that prove ,nothing . Today we have the LCH as result of the good work we did on the Dhurv.

I would say the key why the helicopter developments are doing way better than the fighter developments is the difference in approach.

We did that step by step and not everything at once like we tried with LCA!
Dhruv was developed with foreign partners and JV for design and parts that already were experienced, or mature. The latest Dhruvs instead are improved and offer way more indigenous parts like the Shakti engine for example and now we use these mature techs as the base for LCH. But not only that, we also used the experience we got through the Dhruv development to re-design it now indigenously to a dedicated combat helicopter.

We can clearly see a learning curve here, that is clearly missing in the LCA development!

LCA was also developed with some foreign help, but instead of useing also some mature foreign parts for thei early versions, we wanted to develop all techs new and indigenously. That's mainly where the project went wrong, because now we will induct the MK1 with a foreign engine and radar, after the indigenous developments gets delayed.

It would interest me if omponents like FLIR, RWR, LWR and Avionics are Indian made or purchsed from abroad ?

Hmm. Lt Prateek - You left the second question unanswered as a part of operational doctrine I guess?:), anyways...Thanks.

Now can we say that Helina is actually getting into LCH's kit?, or if any delays happen then what options are we considering....

Does IAF, or IA already use weaponised Dhruvs? If yes, LCH will get the same as the interim option.
If not, the LCH mock up might give us a hint, because it was displayed with MBDA anti tank missiles.

HAL+LCH+-+Armament+Model.jpg

Btw, in an earlier post somebody wrote that LCH will carry 16 anti tank missiles, which is impossible. As you can see it will be a max of 8 which is normal for light combat helicopters, or 4 and 2 ungided rocket pods.

Btw, in an earlier post somebody wrote that LCH will carry 16 anti tank missiles, which is impossible. As you can see it will be a max of 8 which is normal for light combat helicopters, or 4 and 2 ungided rocket pods.

I think weaponized Dhruv is under trial, Need help in clarifying it..however

16 is not true as Dhruv only uses 8. So if the HELINA is not inducted then MILAN will be used. howver I dont know if the MILAN will be air launched, coz MBDA has Brimestone as airlaunch platform. Which is as good as and at least better than hell fire missiles currently used by US army...

Will the missiles be carried in 2's as shown in the LCH pic or in quad packs as shown in this pic..?

lahat.jpg

Mayb we can go for LAHAT(in pic) missile as a common platform for both Arjun and LCH.

Back
Top Bottom