What's new

Hagel to tour China's new aircraft carrier

Infact the out is also brand new, the AC was partially complete less than 20% I believe completing whole 80% and modernization and upgrading complete to 100% is no easy task but what do vietnamese know, China bought and studied 3-4 Aircraft Carriers before this one.

is this the best one of 4 ?

Infact the out is also brand new, the AC was partially complete less than 20% I believe completing whole 80% and modernization and upgrading complete to 100% is no easy task but what do vietnamese know, China bought and studied 3-4 Aircraft Carriers before this one.
An analogy is we take an old turtle shell and plug in with a more advance, modern turtle and see what this new specie will evolve into. Quite frankly, Liaoning is an experimenting AC.

Surprise about the carrier, nothing to impress Hagel because they never interested in diesel-powered carrier since 50 years ago ?
better, you should impress him by J15
Wait and see, my friend. An AC is not just about engine type although engine plays a crucial role in its capabilities. It has many technologies that are crucial to making a moving island on the sea.

An analogy is we take an old turtle shell and plug in with a more advance, modern turtle and see what this new specie will evolve into. Quite frankly, Liaoning is an experimenting AC.

Wait and see, my friend. An AC is not just about engine type although engine plays a crucial role in its capabilities. It has many technologies that are crucial to making a moving island on the sea.

“The fact is the aircraft carrier is useless for the Chinese Navy,” You Ji, a visiting senior research fellow at the National University of Singapore, said in an interview. “If it is used against America, it has no survivability. If it is used against China’s neighbors, it’s a sign of bullying.”

Vietnam, a neighbor with whom China has fought wars, operates land-based Russian Su-30 aircraft that could pose a threat to the aircraft carrier, Mr. You said. “In the South China Sea, if the carrier is damaged by the Vietnamese, it’s a huge loss of face,” he said. “It’s not worth it.”

“The fact is the aircraft carrier is useless for the Chinese Navy,” You Ji, a visiting senior research fellow at the National University of Singapore, said in an interview. “If it is used against America, it has no survivability. If it is used against China’s neighbors, it’s a sign of bullying.”

Vietnam, a neighbor with whom China has fought wars, operates land-based Russian Su-30 aircraft that could pose a threat to the aircraft carrier, Mr. You said. “In the South China Sea, if the carrier is damaged by the Vietnamese, it’s a huge loss of face,” he said. “It’s not worth it.”
An AC will be accompanying by a battle group of ships, submarines, and aircrafts. It is not simple to attack an AC with your land-base aircraft assuming our Liaoning get really close to operating distant of your Su-30. I hope your Su-30 doesn't get shot down by our missiles. As a matter of fact, the guy you cited is an idiot and he missed the point and the real strategic value of Liaoning. As I have mentioned above, it is an experimenting AC. A practice toy as you might call it.

That guy said that at the time, Vietnam still not receive submarine fleet.
We used to be similar to permanent 2 US AC in SCS during Vietnam war ...

We promise we would shot sink any AC in SCS at this moment ...
by coastal defense, or by 300 km range antiship missile from our submarine or Su 30MK2

by coastal defense, or by 300 km range antiship missile from our submarine or Su 30MK2
You talk loud and a lot for a guy who lacks military strategic understanding and proficient in military technology. Back then is back then, today is today. Nobody in the world would bet their life that you will win a war against us. Stop dreaming. You are not even worth an opponent. Go play somewhere else, kid. You're in the same range as the Philippines and 5th rate power.

vsp6kKm.jpg

Wow, two atomic bombs really fµcked up Japan's gene pool. Maybe we should do the world gene pool a favor and erase all these island cave trolls, before their DNA can infect the rest of the world.

Raphael, you are threatening Japan by Atomic bombs ?

People here need to calm down and stop hurling childish insults at each other. China's first Aircraft Carrier, Liaoning, is essentially a test-bed and a training platform. You know what they say, 'before you run, you need to learn how to walk'. China already has a second aircraft carrier under production which will be a step up from Liaoning. Operating an aircraft carrier is no joke.

Liaoning is NOT meant to enter into an altercation with the United States Navy in the Asia Pacific region. There is NO comparison between Liaoning and the U.S Navy Nimitz Class (nuclear powered) Aircraft Carriers. The two are worlds apart. It would take China another 15-20yrs to field an aircraft carrier out there in the ocean which can actually make the Americans think twice about anything.

Until then, you can forget about trying to take Senkakus from Japan and can only play hide n' seek with the Japanese Coast Guard. Uncle Sam just sent two more ships to Japan. Japan's security is GUARANTEED by the United States; so there's no point in dissing Japan or its supporters here. If the Japanese want, they can build and field two aircraft carriers of the same technological capacity or better than the Nimitz; China should be thanking Confucious that Japan chooses not to by keeping in line with its Constitution (hmm, do Chinese folks know what a Constitution is?) Just like the Japanese choose not to build a nuclear bomb, they could build one tomorrow if they wanted to.

The only muscling the Chinese can do for now is browbeat and bully small countries like Vietnam and Philippines. Though I have a feeling it won't last for too long. Philippines is already abuzz with American naval revival in its ports and bases. Uncle Sam aint stupid. Remember that.

I am very much a supporter of Pak-China friendship being a Pakistani but lets admit facts for facts. China has been behaving irresponsibly and arrogantly in the South China sea and other areas it lays claim to. This reckless strategy of confrontation is 25yrs too early. China is not ready for it.

is this the best one of 4 ?

If it achieve the objectives it should be best for the Navy. You start from somewhere don't you? the AC is not something that came from paradise readymade it will evolve even more eventually. And why vietnamese members have to bash, the taiwanese, italian, brazil ACs are all 40 years old including the indian navy's first AC is as old as 45+ years old.

I wrote a detailed educational para to hindustanis about it somewhere in this Section dig it up somewhere in AC related threads, it is a brand new AC... China took long time because it was studying alot of AC internal designs and technologies that would be incorporated and other feasibility reports, the development of AC took less time not 10 years, A country was planning to build and then built an AC not a vietnamese tuck boat.

Next time do you good reseach.

China has bought 2 Kiev class Carriers from Russia (in 1993). Chinese were trying to copy Kiev class carrier. Later they found one Kujstnev class carrier, They bought that and did much needed refit.

Infact the outer part/section of hull is also brand new, the AC was partially complete less than 20% I believe completing whole 80% and modernization and upgrading complete to 100% is no easy task but what do vietnamese know, China bought and studied 3-4 Aircraft Carriers before this one.

I have no idea how u are calculating the %ge ..

China got this...
USNWC_Varyag01.jpg

China turn it into this....

varyag20.jpg

China has bought 2 Kiev class Carriers from Russia (in 1993). Chinese were trying to copy Kiev class carrier. Later they found one Kujstnev class carrier, They bought that and did much needed refit.

China has learned lot from the purchased ACs from australia and russia...the current carrier is very much indigenous when it comes to internal design, systems sub systems weapons and other needed technologies. Externally the design is pretty much good enough just like su-30mki with israeli, french and indian stuff inside and on the outside its a russian airframe and engine. Credit should be given to China where it is due. So I don't know why would you post an AC and than talk about its age when it has been complete developed by China the hull had to be retreated alot has been added.

When USN invited Vietnam officials to visit their Aircraft carrier, they keep their aircrafts continue to take off and landing ...
not sure, when Hagel visit Liaoning, did he has chance to view Chinese J15 do so or not ?

Surprise about the carrier, nothing to impress Hagel because they never interested in diesel-powered carrier since 50 years ago ?
better, you should impress him by J15
First, understand that, not China inviting him to tour that our aircraft, but USA ask for touring our aircraft.

Surprised that you mentionng the "copy" of Su-33, that's "nothing", hehe!

Useless, you must very agree with his opinion, I remember that you said just a few Chinese can benefit from HSR, your opinion always.....,hehe.

At that time, first sure whether you SU-30 can take off, typical Vietnamese, can't understand your mind, always that stupid.
BTW, against Viet, need AC? you really think you are something?!

Promise? well, can match indian mouth, "invinsible" VN, can be more stupid? I am looking forward to.

When USN invited Vietnam officials to visit their Aircraft carrier, they keep their aircrafts continue to take off and landing ...
not sure, when Hagel visit Liaoning, did he has chance to view Chinese J15 do so or not ?
You should ask USA whether they apply for it, and be permited?

Last edited:
At that time, first sure whether you SU-30 can take off, typical Vietnamese, can't understand your mind, always that stupid.
BTW, against Viet, need AC? you really think you are something?

Promise? well, can match indian mouth, "invinsible" VN, can be more stupid? I am looking forward to.

LOL Liaoning - a floating museum ?

You have nothing to demo huh ?

We don't need AC ... There's dozen of US aircraft carriers out there ....
We just make sure we could anti-AC , that's enough ...

Our Su-30 always could take off, and our submarines always could ambush for Liaoning or any other AC in SCS

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom