What's new

Hafiz saeed to challenge US bounty in international court

Whats the deal with this sudden bounty, that too after more than 3 years? Its not that some important evidence has been unearthed recently.
Was watching Bruce Reidel talk yesterday about this & he clearly said that the Americans having gone through all the material seized at Bin Laden's Abbottabad compound found that the great charity worker Hafiz Saeed was in constant touch with his pal Bin Laden right till the evening that the DEVGRU team took him out. Any surprise that this guy finds himself with a bounty on his head?

Barack Obama has ensured that PM will only have time to talk about Saeed ...

Things were actually looking up for India-Pakistan relations. The climate is distinctly better than ever before in memory, and there is hope that a new phase in the relationship might begin. A long-awaited visit by PM Manmohan Singh to Pakistan was being talked about — even if in whispers. The bold decision by Pakistan to grant MFN status to India promises to be a game changer.

It is Bhadrakumar who is naive. While US policies vis-a-vis Pakistan have been problematic (and the Americans themselves will acknowledge it), you can't afford to sulk unproductively. You collaborate where you can, while remaining clear about the problems.

In any case, this is unlikely to have too much of an impact on Zardari's visit to Delhi.

terrorism has no boundaries, Besides you guys love to say it's state less actors. But now somehow your stateless actors are your protected lot? which side of the fence do you guys want to stand in? This guy has hands in some international failed schemes per the article. How long before he , who mocks your laws and constitution decides to attack another country again?

The reason America is dealing with it because your judicial system has failed. It has the highest amount of acquittals for the most dangerous terrorists. It can't even arrest him when he was stopped in Lahore. Your cops and pointing guns at each other!

This is the key.

The "stateless" bit is a sham. These terrorists seem to enjoy not only official but wide popular support as well.

This guy's difa-e-Pakistan council has many openly self claimed Ahmedi and Shia killers. So one would assume they would be against this person. But their hate for India overrides the concern for their own family members back home who could be the target of these terrorists!

Well, the ultimate loser by allowing these terrorists to roam free is Pakistan and its citizens who are living in an extremist and radicalized society. Others may pay a price but the price paid by the Pakistanis is far far greater.

Now the rat will run back into a hole instead of conducting rallies and protests in open and would be afraid on who is going to get him. A small victory for the victims of the Mumbai 2008.

I would love to see his person destroyed beyond recognition by a drone missile. hee hee.

Full text: US official statement on Hafiz Saeed bounty

The US has put Hafiz Saeed on its list of most-wanted terrorists and has announced a reward of $10 million.

Here is the full text of the official statement:

Rewards for Justice - Lashkar-e-Tayyiba Leaders Reward Offers

The U.S. Department of State has authorized a reward of up to $10 million for information leading to the arrest or conviction of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba (LeT) founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed and a reward of up to $2 million for information leading to the location of LeT's second in command, Hafiz Abdul Rahman Makki.

Hafiz Mohammad Saeed is the founder of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba, which was designated by the U.S. Department of State as a Foreign Terrorist Organization on December 20, 2001.
Saeed participated in the planning of the 4-day-long terrorist assault on Mumbai in November 2008 that left 166 individuals dead, including six U.S. citizens.

Saeed and his organization continue to spread ideology advocating terrorism, as well as virulent rhetoric condemning the United States, India, Israel, and other perceived enemies.

On December 10, 2008, Saeed was listed at the UN 1267/1989 al-Qa'ida Sanctions Committee as an individual associated with the al-Qaida terrorist organization and, thus, subject to international sanctions. Saeed was born on June 5, 1950 in Punjab province, Pakistan. He has red hair and brown eyes and currently resides in Lahore, Pakistan.

Hafiz Abdul Rahman Makki is Saeed's deputy and head of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba's political affairs department.

Makki previously served as head of LeT's foreign relations department and has helped raise funds for LeT.

In early 2007, he provided approximately $248,000 to an LeT terrorist training camp and approximately $165,000 to an LeT-affiliated madrassa. On November 4, 2010, the U.S. Treasury Department designated him a "Specially Designated National,...#157; which subjects him to U.S. sanctions. Makki was born around 1948 in Punjab province, Pakistan. He has a dark beard, is balding, and wears glasses.

Information about Saeed and Makki is located on the Rewards for Justice web site at Rewards for Justice-main - english andwww.rewardsforjustice.net/makki.

We encourage anyone with information on these individuals to contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate, any U.S. military commander, or the Rewards for Justice office via the website (Rewards for Justice-main - english), e-mail (RFJ@state.gov) or mail (Rewards for Justice, Washington, DC 20520-0303, USA). All information will be kept strictly confidential.

Since its inception in 1984, the Rewards for Justice Program has paid more than $100 million to more than 70 persons who provided actionable information that put terrorists behind bars or prevented acts of international terrorism worldwide

Read more at: Full text: US official statement on Hafiz Saeed bounty

Full text: US official statement on Hafiz Saeed bounty

The US has put Hafiz Saeed on its list of most-wanted terrorists and has announced a reward of $10 million.

Here is the full text of the official statement:

Rewards for Justice - Lashkar-e-Tayyiba Leaders Reward Offers

The U.S. Department of State has authorized a reward of up to $10 million for information leading to the arrest or conviction of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba (LeT) founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed and a reward of up to $2 million for information leading to the location of LeT's second in command, Hafiz Abdul Rahman Makki.

Hafiz Mohammad Saeed is the founder of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba, which was designated by the U.S. Department of State as a Foreign Terrorist Organization on December 20, 2001.
Saeed participated in the planning of the 4-day-long terrorist assault on Mumbai in November 2008 that left 166 individuals dead, including six U.S. citizens.

Saeed and his organization continue to spread ideology advocating terrorism, as well as virulent rhetoric condemning the United States, India, Israel, and other perceived enemies.

On December 10, 2008, Saeed was listed at the UN 1267/1989 al-Qa'ida Sanctions Committee as an individual associated with the al-Qaida terrorist organization and, thus, subject to international sanctions. Saeed was born on June 5, 1950 in Punjab province, Pakistan. He has red hair and brown eyes and currently resides in Lahore, Pakistan.

Hafiz Abdul Rahman Makki is Saeed's deputy and head of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba's political affairs department.

Makki previously served as head of LeT's foreign relations department and has helped raise funds for LeT.

In early 2007, he provided approximately $248,000 to an LeT terrorist training camp and approximately $165,000 to an LeT-affiliated madrassa. On November 4, 2010, the U.S. Treasury Department designated him a "Specially Designated National,...#157; which subjects him to U.S. sanctions. Makki was born around 1948 in Punjab province, Pakistan. He has a dark beard, is balding, and wears glasses.

Information about Saeed and Makki is located on the Rewards for Justice web site at Rewards for Justice-main - english andwww.rewardsforjustice.net/makki.

We encourage anyone with information on these individuals to contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate, any U.S. military commander, or the Rewards for Justice office via the website (Rewards for Justice-main - english), e-mail (RFJ@state.gov) or mail (Rewards for Justice, Washington, DC 20520-0303, USA). All information will be kept strictly confidential.

Since its inception in 1984, the Rewards for Justice Program has paid more than $100 million to more than 70 persons who provided actionable information that put terrorists behind bars or prevented acts of international terrorism worldwide

Read more at: Full text: US official statement on Hafiz Saeed bounty

My theory is that India has given supari of $10 mil to US . Good move by india

Hafiz Saeed gave a very decent interview on Capital Talk, I would suggest everyone listen to it.

He clearly said "I condemn these attacks on Mumbai" repeatedly!

Was watching Bruce Reidel talk yesterday about this & he clearly said that the Americans having gone through all the material seized at Bin Laden's Abbottabad compound found that the great charity worker Hafiz Saeed was in constant touch with his pal Bin Laden right till the evening that the DEVGRU team took him out. Any surprise that this guy finds himself with a bounty on his head?

Maybe he was asking OBL to be the mascot for the fund raising for the charity programme.

You put head money on people who are in hiding or absconding from law authorities. If I put a bounty on Obama's head I would be in jail, but if Obama puts a bounty on my head he's not.

You put head money on people who are in hiding or absconding from law authorities. If I put a bounty on Obama's head I would be in jail, but if Obama puts a bounty on my head he's not.

He is wanted for crimes outside the place he is roaming free.

The above logic works if he is in US or any other country he is wanted.

Its just common sense.

I find sarcasm doesn't always travel well across cultural lines. And I spend part of my time and wealth assisting the retarded hence I look unkindly at those who make fun of them. Do judges really do that in Pakistan?

God.....you do have some humanity left in you after all, or perhaps you help them to satisfy your own ego? Anyway mentally/physically handicapped deserve all the attention and care and I have something that I can appreciate about you, regardless of the motive.

So how funny, another terrorist who has the blood of thousands on his hands is hiding in Pakistan, wow who would have guessed?

This person is hiding in Pakistan? See, this is why the US Government gets away with everything they claim...... cause they count on the majority of you to be so darned stupid. They will dangle a rat in front of you and claim it is a tiger and you will all believe and follow, the same is true vice versa!

You get played all the time, too bad you have never been able to figure out the truth from the lies!

The claim of more proof made by Pakistanis are baseless as we have already shared along with The US dozens of intercepts of conversation between saeed and other co-terrorists with GoP.If there was any lack of evidence would the entire UnSC incl. China support the resolution on JuD and HS?

10 million dollars will be good boost to the economy... nearly half the price of a JF 17... Pakistan should take the offer

Back
Top Bottom