What's new

Hafiz Saeed asks Pakistan govt not to buy electricity from India

I think this Hafeez Saeed old man is like Robin Hood. Hero for some and villain for others. Wat say? Suna hain ye Pakistan mein kafi charity karta hain.

Charity begins at home I suppose...hence we see all the self combusting noobs abundant in Pakistan currently...

We can all thank the biggest recruiter for this charity, the Hon. Mr.Saeed

That's rich.. An UN designated International terrorist dictating Pakistan's State policy :)...

the only crimina;s are the indian occupation army in kashmir they need to be liberated after freee and fair elections....

i think Pakistan shouldn't buy electricity from India either, we have the capacity to make so why buy it?
i mean if we have the damn money to buy the electricity from India why the heck on earth would our dumb stupid government not use that money to generate our own?

why the heck on earth would our dumb stupid government not use that money to generate our own?

Well it's because they are sadists!

I think this Hafeez Saeed old man is like Robin Hood. Hero for some and villain for others. Wat say? Suna hain ye Pakistan mein kafi charity karta hain.

I don't know about his problem with india but this guy does alot for some people in pakistan and he even tried to donate money to :usflag: but their response was messed up.

i mean if we have the damn money to buy the electricity from India why the heck on earth would our dumb stupid government not use that money to generate our own?

Because my dear chap, that is going to take a few years to do, few years of no electricity....and is going to cost you big (which probably the government doesn't have) upfront as capital costs before you even generate a single MW. Whereas when buying you are actually paying a smaller amount at a time. In the long run, if you had the money, it would make sense to invest in capability but that won't help you immediately.

One reason why politicians look at immediate solutions is very common sensical. A new power plant will take up most of a 5 year term & will start functioning only after the party that has started it gets the order of the boot. That is the nature of democracy. Long term plans have to be modulated with short term solutions that people can feel the effect of. Immediately!

Because my dear chap, that is going to take a few years to do, few years of no electricity....and is going to cost you big (which probably the government doesn't have) upfront as capital costs before you even generate a single MW. Whereas when buying you are actually paying a smaller amount at a time. In the long run, if you had the money, it would make sense to invest in capability but that won't help you immediately.

One reason why politicians look at immediate solutions is very common sensical. A new power plant will take up most of a 5 year term & will start functioning only after the party that has started it gets the order of the boot. That is the nature of democracy. Long term plans have to be modulated with short term solutions that people can feel the effect of. Immediately!

no thats not true at all my dear chump.
our capacity to create electricty far exeeds our current needs, its just that for some reason they are unable to put that capacity to its full use. im guessing all the money from the bills that is stolen equals less money going towards more production.
i think within the next 5 years things will come under control bit and i dont see our government going forward with actually buying something important like this from an unreliable nation.

no thats not true at all my dear chump.
our capacity to create electricty far exeeds our current needs, its just that for some reason they are unable to put that capacity to its full use. im guessing all the money from the bills that is stolen equals less money going towards more production.
i think within the next 5 years things will come under control bit and i dont see our government going forward with actually buying something important like this from an unreliable nation.

With answers to all problems & with a complete understanding of the fiscal situation, it is a big surprise that Pakistan hasn't solved its problems already with your help.......:D

I agree with Mr. Saeed. Economically and by virtue it makes no sense.

How about addressing corruption, nepotism and gross mismanagement; exposing those who are absconders and don't pay their dues or pay the costs to be the boss (e.g. even members of Parliament/MNAs etc)

In 1990s we were the ones exporting bijli to those people. We cannot tolerate such a national disgrace. How about we just get our acts together. A country with a nuclear program and a huge supply of untapped shale gas reserves should not be importing bijli from nobody. We should be focusing on technological advances, accountability, efficiency; that's all.

p.s. in the interests of correct information, let it be known for the record -- there is no $10 million "bounty" on his (Mr. Saeed's) head

there is a $10 million dollar "reward" for any evidence that could lead to his conviction, given that at present there is none implicating him in any wrong doing either in Pakistan or overseas

there is a glaring difference between the 2....;)

I do not know why we are even thinking of exporting electricity.
We have massive shortage in few states.
Is it goodwill gesture??

I agree with Mr. Saeed. Economically and by virtue it makes no sense.

How about addressing corruption, nepotism and gross mismanagement; exposing those who are absconders and don't pay their dues or pay the costs to be the boss (e.g. even members of Parliament/MNAs etc)

In 1990s we were the ones exporting bijli to those people. We cannot tolerate such a national disgrace. How about we just get our acts together. A country with a nuclear program and a huge supply of untapped shale gas reserves should not be importing bijli from nobody. We should be focusing on technological advances, accountability, efficiency; that's all.

Well buddy , get your facts straight , in 90 and early 2000's technology to get shale gas was so high is economical to sell it. nor its technological viable. (that time) , would you pay 200$ of gas instead on 30-40$ in 90's etc???

till today it is not viable to take shale gas till the price of current of gas is not match with the price of getting shale gas its not economical.

now you using Chinese equipment , they are least efficient , ask Sri-lanka they will tell you.

p.s. in the interests of correct information, let it be known for the record -- there is no $10 million "bounty" on his (Mr. Saeed's) head

there is a $10 million dollar "reward" for any evidence that could lead to his conviction, given that at present there is none implicating him in any wrong doing either in Pakistan or overseas

there is a glaring difference between the 2....;)

yes evidence is present in US by two, one headily and its co-assused which both are in jail and have meed saeed as they confessed and also provided material evidence against ISI and Saeed, thats why fearing of exposing of PAK govt role make US Govt exercise veto but not on sawed

Well buddy , get your facts straight , in 90 and early 2000's technology to get shale gas was so high is economical to sell it. nor its technological viable. (that time) , would you pay 200$ of gas instead on 30-40$ in 90's etc???

till today it is not viable to take shale gas till the price of current of gas is not match with the price of getting shale gas its not economical.

now you using Chinese equipment , they are least efficient , ask Sri-lanka they will tell you.

yes evidence is present in US by two, one headily and its co-assused which both are in jail and have meed saeed as they confessed and also provided material evidence against ISI and Saeed, thats why fearing of exposing of PAK govt role make US Govt exercise veto but not on sawed

you are aware that the US will be largely self reliant on energy b/c of its massive shale reserves by 2030 right? So don't "well buddy" me

and I'd rather pay more and buy Pakistani first than pay even 1/50th less to some outsider country -- one which hasn't exactly been a friendly one. That isn't even emotionalism or nationalism...well, maybe a little , but still - the more we invest, the more we will reap the benefits

over time the know-how and the technology will become readily available - because fracking isnt exactly a cheap or relatively easy process just yet

what Pakistan needs is a portfolio of methods; furnace oil, nat gas, wind, solar and hydro. The Japanese, Chinese and Germans are examples of countries that have perfected these (and i didnt even mention nuclear)

Back
Top Bottom