What's new

Gwadar- turn it into a liberal city.

its not about the west, its about the freedom , the option to live my life the way i want to weather its western , or eastern , or what ever.
Hmmm...well if someone can start with educating our masses first, eradicating polio, increasing security, getting rid of feudal system, fixing the corruption to a tolerable level, making the courts independent of political parties, give rights to minorities....wait did I just summarize Shariah! :woot:

Then we can - move to this!

its not legal perhaps but we all know whats happening there.
alcohol is legal in hotels and so are clubs ect
Same is happening in Pakistan...we are same like Dubai :woot:

Ok this is my drunk state where I am drunk from sleepiness!

Somebody stop me (no not literally)

its not legal perhaps but we all know whats happening there.
alcohol is legal in hotels and so are clubs ect

All of that is happening here too. So why do we need a Gwadar the 'whorehose' and how would you ammend the Pakistani constitution to allow a special 'whorehouse' that completely violates the constitution?

@qamar1990 @Azlan Haider the day you guys would allow your sister/wife/mother/niece/ or female roam around such a sin city, would be the day you should allow it on others!
listen auntie jee lol
just because i won't allow my sister to do these things doesn't mean other pakistanis won't, you know what I'm saying?
its not even about that anyways.
my sister is in my house, even if we gave her the option to do so she wouldn't because our parents raised us well and we know our culture and we love it and respect it.

this is insecurity talking more then anything, you are afraid i think that if we have this than all pakistani girls will become whore or something and drinking ect, and trust me they won't if the parents raise them right and if the parents don't raise them right you can have any laws you want they will still be fucked up
@Azlan Haider what do you think?

i know its not possible not now anyways, but people deserve it, people @Azlan Haider , @Secur, @somebozo act they are also pakistanis shouldn't they be able to live how they want? as well or should they all follow our islamic laws?
Hehehe many more than them are not...and its not even just the prob with the religious values but a whole lot

Some suffer from political corruption
Some suffer from poverty
Some suffer from lack of education
Some suffer from lack of unity (different schools of taughts)
Some suffer from ethnicity phobia
Some suffer (real suffering) from terrorist attacks
Some suffer from provincial phobia
Some suffer from overgeneralization
Some suffer from blind worship (the worst crap)
Some suffer from other forms of corruption!

Its not just 1 problem...its a whole list

Listen lady ... You live in Europe ... All these things are legal there ... Do you live in a sin city ?? You are not getting the point ... there should be freedom ... And if someone chooses not to drink or gamble or do something else , its his / her own choice ... No one , including the state has any right to force anything on anyone ... this is what Quran tells us ... this is how the modern societies function .... The stone age Arab tribal culture aka Sharia is outdated ... So hard for you to understand ??
sharia is not out dated nor is it arab, it is islamic and it has it places.
i wouldn't mind living in a place with sharia but then again I'm not going to force it on others either.

listen auntie jee lol
just because i won't allow my sister to do these things doesn't mean other pakistanis won't, you know what I'm saying?
its not even about that anyways.
my sister is in my house, even if we gave her the option to do so she wouldn't because our parents raised us well and we know our culture and we love it and respect it.

this is insecurity talking more then anything, you are afraid i think that if we have this than all pakistani girls will become whore or something and drinking ect, and trust me they won't if the parents raise them right and if the parents don't raise them right you can have any laws you want they will still be fucked up
@Azlan Haider what do you think?
Well society influences and also when something becomes a "norm" whose gonna stop them?
When it becomes socially acceptable...like every mom looks for a doctor for both her son and daughter :rofl: it is norm

Everyone wants a big house even if they cant afford it
Everyone wants a dhum dham dhamakaydaar shadi even if they cant afford it...

Society is a funny thing it takes careful behaviour to live in one and it takes precaution not to fall in the wrong type...esp if you are legalizing everything and narrowing the line between what is good / acceptable and what is not!

there were passed out ladies right in front of our hostel...Imagine your sister or daughter in a similar situation
There were passed out ladies next to a pile of vomit in the underground stations...Imagine your sister or daughter in a similar situation
and there are more other such situations...The day you allow or can imagine your women in such situation will be the day you can tell other people's women they can do that!

Don`t you think that A passed out lady next to a pile of vomit in the underground station is Much more "acceptable" than a lady lying dead in a pool of blood in a marketplace , who had just been killed in a suicide attack carried out in the name of Islam ?? That is what the so called Sharia brings to us ......

All of that is happening here too. So why do we need a Gwadar the 'whorehose' and how would you ammend the Pakistani constitution to allow a special 'whorehouse' that completely violates the constitution?
change my name and we will settle it

so i have was thinking that the government of pakistan should turn gawadar into a liberal city.
what do i mean by this?:

1.have a defined boundary for gawadar
2.have its own laws
- complete freedom of speech
- alcohol is legal
- gambling is legal
-complete freedom of religion
- have its own special police force
- completely independent of balochistan
3. pakistanis from rest of pakistan would have to get special permission to work and live there.
4. the whole citys prices of goods and wages should be completely different from pakistan
- pick any european country ( follow its wages and prices for goods)
- if a bottle of pepsi costs a dollar then in gawadar it should be 100 rupees
- if minimum wage is 8 dollars an hour then in gawadar we should make it 800 rupees an hr
- and so on.
basically gawadar will become the hong kong of of pakistan.

what do you guys think?
Outside of alcohol and gambling, I agree to an extent.

What needs to happen is that Gwadar needs to be given a special economic designation, and treated as such. It has the potential to replace Karachi as an economic hub, but that can only happen if it is given economically conservative, yet socially liberal policies. I don't understand why following a European nation's laws would do good in Pakistan. It needs to follow global trends and set it's rules as such.

The reason why I'm against gambling and alcohol is both religious, and social, they're just not needed. You don't need these two in order to be a liberal society, nor are they necessarily associated with liberalism.

A liberal Gwadar would do a world of good for Pakistan, and it could potentially give the rest of Pakistan a model city to follow.

Don`t you think that A passed out lady next to a pile of vomit in the underground station is Much more "acceptable" than a lady lying dead in a pool of blood in a marketplace , who had just been killed in a suicide attack carried out in the name of Islam ?? That is what the so called Sharia brings to us ......

bro that is just out of context and is in bad taste.
we want to bring change to pakistan but by acting like the way you did is not the way.

You think that is shariah then you have no idea...What makes you so sure a sin city will not create another monster of misunderstanding like this "so-called" shariah?

Outside of alcohol and gambling, I agree to an extent.

What needs to happen is that Gwadar needs to be given a special economic designation, and treated as such. It has the potential to replace Karachi as an economic hub, but that can only happen if it is given economically conservative, yet socially liberal policies. I don't understand why following a European nation's laws would do good in Pakistan. It needs to follow global trends and set it's rules as such.

The reason why I'm against gambling and alcohol is both religious, and social, they're just not needed. You don't need these two in order to be a liberal society, nor are they necessarily associated with liberalism.

A liberal Gwadar would do a world of good for Pakistan, and it could potentially give the rest of Pakistan a model city to follow.
well you going to have the option of drinking just like you do in canada. but you don't have it.

muslims do not drink???

I have classmates from muslim families both in highschool and university. They have no problems drinking with us, though most of them do not eat pork though.

Well, that is in large cities in China. So I guess it is more liberal than other places???

I agree with everything but gambling should not be legal. Coming to Alcohol, it should be only sold to non-Muslims and tourists from abroad who carry permits for purchasing.

I think we should make Gwadar a tourist attraction by planting a lot of palm trees and other exotic tropical plants along with construction of modern buildings with a Islamic Architectural design, it would go nice, kind of like a Oases.

But this is just my wishful thinking.

well you going to have the option of drinking just like you do in canada. but you don't have it.
You would be surprised about the fact that even Finland a very open minded country has laws regulating drinking...they are only sold on weekends and the tax is damn high you can see people bringing crates from Estonia ...man it was funny was like someone robbed a warehouse :P

So I guess some countries have realized its effects on society...while they are trying to reverse it...you are trying to go towards the damage :D

Reminds me of this: fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Back
Top Bottom