What's new

Gwadar port to be operational by year end :Chinese official

No transit port will ever be the centre of world trade, that title will naturally belong to the economic powerhouses of the world that are export hubs.
It depends on the net amount being handled. Economic power houses have been made and destroyed sine time and memorial. So would Gawadar become a Power House in the future can only bee seen once it become a viable transit hub. If you compare Dubai with Gawadar you would see that the land close to Dubai is nothing but desert where as Gawadar there are many places where other things can be established.

How China is going about her business it it is trying to be the leader in every thing hence you see that it is not just expanding within Asia but also Europe, Africa and North and South America. China has purchased many things in Greece because it intends to make it a hub for all the goods it exports to Europe. On the other hand expanding to Africa, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Pakistan with transit ports in Sri Lanka and Maldives give it enough presence in and around India to cater for what India throws at them through their exporting hubs.

yes i know it will cater for cat f aircraft, or in queens english the a380,747-8 an-124/225. dont worry i keep an eye on your developments. as for you however the y20 is a military aircraft with no civilian cargo licence heck it has to use the ws18 engine till the ws-20 is ready its likely it may enter service this year.
but the 747-8f is a good option as the line needs orders and its unit price will be around 50% off the purchase price if you buy about half a dozen minimum.
We are going to see many things would be coming up in the future not just one or two airports but also some other surprises.

Emirates benefited from increased flight demand in general.

They were just able to offer better service for a cheaper price.

I agree that alot of pieces had to fall in place. But just the exotic appeal probably kept it going until warehouses, man-made islands, tallest skyscrapers, indoor sky parks were built.

Most people I know are drawn to that, theres no Dubai culture or history white people want to go see.

Dubai actually is a transit port.
Right and Dubai's model of sucess is very unique and specifc to them, I don't think Gwadar should be trying to emulate Dubai, I just don't see how it is possible.

yes i know it will cater for cat f aircraft, or in queens english the a380,747-8 an-124/225. dont worry i keep an eye on your developments. as for you however the y20 is a military aircraft with no civilian cargo licence heck it has to use the ws18 engine till the ws-20 is ready its likely it may enter service this year.
but the 747-8f is a good option as the line needs orders and its unit price will be around 50% off the purchase price if you buy about half a dozen minimum.
Are you a pilot @Blue Marlin ??

Right and Dubai's model of sucess is very unique and specifc to them, I don't think Gwadar should be trying to emulate Dubai, I just don't see how it is possible.

I like Singapore better, but honestly. The mentality is not there.

I have no doubt that once the oil and gas runs out dubai will be swallowed up by the sand dunes again.

Then why is it that the highest levels of PDF and the military are peddling such falsehoods?
There is the potential. huge potential. No doubt about that. So no harm in talking about it as people are excited about the prospects. I have looked at this whole Gwadar thing and without doubt this could go on to became catalyst for major change.

For that strong, dedicated leadership is required to muzzle the rabid Islamists and bring law order in areas which resemble the wild wild west. At present Gwadar's immediate hinterland is just miles of rock and sand. Direct roads and railways have to be built to link it to CARs and Western China. I can't fault the effort being put in. However this has to be consistently applied over the next two decades. If so this will be game changer but for that lots of variables have to be aligned and whether that happens is the billion dollar question.

More of this (below) is needed. Driving new roads through virgin land that also requires law and order being established so that it is safe for your grandma to drive through all the way to China. Then this will begin to take off.

29-jun-2015-visit-by-dg-fwo-to-bln-projs-2.jpg

1039480-coasandpm-1454510846.jpg

M-8Details_zps40b30b55.png

I like Singapore better, but honestly. The mentality is not there.
Singapore, now there is a country for all of S.Asia to try and emulate. Their absolute zero tolerance to corruption and dedication to public service is most admirable.
I have no doubt that once the oil and gas runs out dubai will be swallowed up by the sand dunes again.
They've done a pretty good job of creating a tourist industry having forseen the day when they are oil-less. Saudi Arabia is going to be more fun to watch, they literally depend on oil for everything they have.

Emirates benefited from increased flight demand in general.
This is not entirely accurate. Emirates and other Middle Eastern airlines benefited from low oil prices. They also increased the demand by offering discounts that were not offered by other competitors. These airlines continued to induct new fuel efficient aircraft because they were able to save enough through out the recession era.

Then there was also an other factor which was to have a higher number of frequency meaning more seats were available hence they could have a seat available for the passenger on the same day this gave rise to more connecting passengers.

Very cool, I'm a aviation nerd myself (and aspiring pilot).
ok cool so have you flown the cessna 172 yet? or have you joined a school. or try a pilot program with british airways. i recommend looking at cae oxford. but be warned it's very expensive £80k+ and if you fail.... well bye bye 80 grand.
a friend of mine is a pliot for ethiad he only just passed recently.
CAE Oxford Aviation Academy: Pilot Training

Btw the Cat F mentioned by @Blue Marlin relates to Aircraft Weight and not Aircraft Speed.
you forgot to mention the wing span and length too which is more important. with size comes weight. big planes will weigh more than little planes. logic

ok cool so have you flown the cessna 172 yet? or have you joined a school. or try a pilot program with british airways. i recommend looking at cae oxford. but be warned it's very expensive £80k+ and if you fail.... well bye bye 80 grand.
a friend of mine is a pliot for ethiad he only just passed recently.
CAE Oxford Aviation Academy: Pilot Training

you forgot wing span and length too.
A-380 has a smaller Wing Span then B-747....
If he wishes to become a pilot he can attain the training in India or USA for half the price that has to be spent in UK. I know in Pakistan the Fuel costs are high but still the total cost to get CPL is half the price then UK. Though the books that are prescribed are the same Oxford ones.

Actually, let us look at the specifics of just what this potential is, in reality, hyperbole aside. Gawadar is very important as a second port for Pakistan. That is all. There is simply no justification for claiming it as a central or even a major international route or hub, given the patterns of global trade.

There is the potential. huge potential. No doubt about that. So no harm in talking about it as people are excited about the prospects. I have looked at this whole Gwadar thing and without doubt this could go on to became catalyst for major change.

For that strong, dedicated leadership is required to muzzle the rabid Islamists and bring law order in areas which resemble the wild wild west. At present Gwadar's immediate hinterland is just miles of rock and sand. Direct roads and railways have to be built to link it to CARs and Western China. I can't fault the effort being put in. However this has to be consistently applied over the next two decades. If so this will be game changer but for that lots of variables have to be aligned and whether that happens is the billion dollar question.

More of this (below) is needed. Driving new roads through virgin land that also requires law and order being established so that it is safe for your grandma to drive through all the way to China. Then this will begin to take off.

29-jun-2015-visit-by-dg-fwo-to-bln-projs-2.jpg

1039480-coasandpm-1454510846.jpg

M-8Details_zps40b30b55.png

How many berths are there at gwadar port and what are cargo handling facilities available there?

The Chineese folks have this tendency to go for the toughest job or what the third parties think. They built the Great Wall of China to have a milti purpose line of defense/logistics against the invaders. No matter how many pessimists are out there the Chineese will surely make this CPEC operational unlike some folks whose only redemption lies in destroying whatever positive things are there. They used to send the widows to the fire along with their dead husbands - it can go that cynic..

Back
Top Bottom