What's new

Gwadar port to be operational by year end :Chinese official

=1,000,000/320 (Tons/Day) = 3,125 Tons/Day
For those critics who are still debating Western /Eastern routes what it means is 3,125/20 = 156 Truck loads So it means day in day out 150 + trucks will be moving from this port . This is an indication that one route will be not enough in any case even at the start . We need to complete Western /Central /Eastern route as early as possible other wise we will be choked .

=1,000,000/320 (Tons/Day) = 3,125 Tons/Day
For those critics who are still debating Western /Eastern routes what it means is 3,125/20 = 156 Truck loads So it means day in day out 150 + trucks will be moving from this port . This is an indication that one route will be not enough in any case even at the start . We need to complete Western /Central /Eastern route as early as possible other wise we will be choked .

156 truckloads of what, exactly? What goods will go through here better than existing patterns?

156 truckloads of what, exactly? What goods will go through here better than existing patterns?

First all goods transferred will be for projects which are taking place to all parts of Pakistan. By 2016 if all the political situation remains stable these 2 years will be defining years for all projects taking place ,expect a lot of activity thru Gwadar port and consider this as a random sample size for a bigger data ,these loads will provide test results about various routes and feasibilities .
I am still waiting for your answer
I hope this answers your query
I attended one presentation couple of months back by FWO i guess not remembering the estimated load (which i will not share ) here was so big that all existing routes will become chocked if China even transfers 50% thru this channel . Real question remains are we ready ?

I hope this answers your query
I attended one presentation couple of months back by FWO i guess not remembering the estimated load (which i will not share ) here was so big that all existing routes will become chocked if China even transfers 50% thru this channel . Real question remains are we ready ?
Hi,

Thanks for replying, But i wanted to know from the good doctor

First all goods transferred will be for projects which are taking place to all parts of Pakistan. By 2016 if all the political situation remains stable these 2 years will be defining years for all projects taking place ,expect a lot of activity thru Gwadar port and consider this as a random sample size for a bigger data ,these loads will provide test results about various routes and feasibilities .

These are mere hopes. What projects will be happening within one year to produce enough to import and export an additional million additional tons of goods through Gawadar? Or is it that Karachi will divert some of its traffic to Gawadar? That makes more sense.

These are mere hopes. What projects will be happening within one year to produce enough to import and export an additional million additional tons of goods through Gawadar? Or is it that Karachi will divert some of its traffic to Gawadar? That makes more sense.
This traffic is all Chinese centric and for projects CPEC (Turbines,power plants etc) Karachi port will continue as it is

Zhang said the tonnage will initially comprise "quite a number" of construction materials for the city's development, which Pakistani officials envision turning into another Dubai.

Dubai is Dubai because of all the money it invested to make it an international city. Namely Emirates Airlines.

They pressed the airlines against world leaders, taking hold of market share, anyone who wants to travel through Emirates has a option for a lay over and get out of the airport thanks to the visa free travel.

Tell me, which airlines does Pakistan have that will bring it to the level of Dubai?

How many destinations can be offered? Any flight that goes out of America can land in Dubai, can a flight from Atlanta get to Gwadar?

Where random people will walk around and spend their money?

Almost $300 million are being spent on Gwadar air port. It will be the largest airport in Pakistan's history. It will service the biggest cargo jets flying today.
The biggest airport in Pakistan's history for $300 million? Something about this statement can't be true.

Dubai is Dubai because of all the money it invested to make it an international city. Namely Emirates Airlines.

They pressed the airlines against world leaders, taking hold of market share, anyone who wants to travel through Emirates has a option for a lay over and get out of the airport thanks to the visa free travel.

Tell me, which airlines does Pakistan have that will bring it to the level of Dubai?

How many destinations can be offered? Any flight that goes out of America can land in Dubai, can a flight from Atlanta get to Gwadar?

Where random people will walk around and spend their money?
I think there are a few issues here that confuse cause and effect. Yes, Emrites airlines is a world class airline but their existence did not make Dubai a tourist destination, rather Emirites airlines benefited from increased demand to travel to Dubai and through great management the airline became one of the best. I don't see how an airline can change the fortunes of a nation, it is merely the conduit of growth, not the driver, airlines live and die by demand.

Sir, the CPEC is the hype-du-jour these days on PDF. Please keep that in mind. Let the claims go, since reality will prove them wrong soon enough.
Far be it from me to question the notion that CPEC is the answer to all of Pakistan's troubles, why introspect when you have CPEC? ;)

Back
Top Bottom