What's new

Gwadar port to be operational by year end :Chinese official

Far be it from me to question the notion that CPEC is the answer to all of Pakistan's troubles, why introspect when you have CPEC?

Why introspect, indeed. All Gawadar will become is Pakistan's second port, which is valuable, but the center of world trade it will never be, as is often claimed.

Why introspect, indeed. All Gawadar will become is Pakistan's second port, which is valuable, but the center of world trade it will never be, as is often claimed.
No transit port will ever be the centre of world trade, that title will naturally belong to the economic powerhouses of the world that are export hubs.

We should use every platform to promote CPEC, no maatter whatever is the outcome, give it full coverage. MArket it everywhere, sell it in a way that investors would be ready to invest

Bhai, its already built the expansion is worth $300 million and its just phase 1. The GIAP will continue to grow like Dubai.
If you're comparing it to Dubai then there is no way you can get a megastructure like even an expansion for $300 million. I'm pretty sure Islamabad's new airport terminals cost a heck of a lot more that.

Anyway, I'm not sure Dubai is the best comparison to use, that airport contributes 27% of Dubai's entire GDP.

"Like Dubai it will continue expanding" :rolleyes:

If you're comparing it to Dubai then there is no way you can get a megastructure like even an expansion for $300 million. I'm pretty sure Islamabad's new airport terminals cost a heck of a lot more that.

Anyway, I'm not sure Dubai is the best comparison to use, that airport contributes 27% of Dubai's entire GDP.

Sir, how fast would an airport expand if all major population centers of the country are hundreds of miles away?
Hmm that's a good question, but it's to be a "transit hub" for the region, right? How many thousands of hotel rooms have been built around the periphery of the airport to cater to such demand?

but a million tons of what exactly for 2017
Hot air. Nothing much is going to go through the port until the roads linking it to China are completed. I can't see that happening before 2020. Even than it would require rail network and I can't see that emerging before 2025. Until then lots of hot air I am afriad

Hmm that's a good question, but it's to be a "transit hub" for the region, right? How many thousands of hotel rooms have been built around the periphery of the airport to cater to such demand?

Building hotels is easy. Keeping them staffed and fed with resources to provide internationally competitive services is the hard part.

Hot air. Nothing much is going to go through the port until the roads linking it to China are completed. I can't see that happening before 2020. Even than it would require rail network and I can't see that emerging before 2025. Until then lots of hot air I am afriad

Then why is it that the highest levels of PDF and the military are peddling such falsehoods?

Then why is it that the highest levels of PDF and the military are peddling such falsehoods?
hope.jpg

Almost $300 million are being spent on Gwadar air port. It will be the largest airport in Pakistan's history. It will service the biggest cargo jets flying today.
yes i know it will cater for cat f aircraft, or in queens english the a380,747-8 an-124/225. dont worry i keep an eye on your developments. as for you however the y20 is a military aircraft with no civilian cargo licence heck it has to use the ws18 engine till the ws-20 is ready its likely it may enter service this year.
but the 747-8f is a good option as the line needs orders and its unit price will be around 50% off the purchase price if you buy about half a dozen minimum.

I think there are a few issues here that confuse cause and effect. Yes, Emrites airlines is a world class airline but their existence did not make Dubai a tourist destination, rather Emirites airlines benefited from increased demand to travel to Dubai and through great management the airline became one of the best. I don't see how an airline can change the fortunes of a nation, it is merely the conduit of growth, not the driver, airlines live and die by demand.

Emirates benefited from increased flight demand in general.

They were just able to offer better service for a cheaper price.

I agree that alot of pieces had to fall in place. But just the exotic appeal probably kept it going until warehouses, man-made islands, tallest skyscrapers, indoor sky parks were built.

Most people I know are drawn to that, theres no Dubai culture or history white people want to go see.

No transit port will ever be the centre of world trade, that title will naturally belong to the economic powerhouses of the world that are export hubs.

Yes, but try telling that to those who do not wish to see.

Dubai actually is a transit port.

Back
Top Bottom