What's new

Gunmen kill four Shias in Quetta

Bond

Reaction score
QUETTA: Gunmen shot dead four Shia Muslims in Quetta, officials said on Monday.

The drive-by shooting took place at the busy Prince Road in the Balochistan capital.

“Two gunmen riding a motorbike opened fire on a shoe store killing four Shia Muslims and wounding three others,” senior police official Muhammad Tariq told AFP.

“It was most probably a sectarian incident but the police are investigating,” he said.

Another police official, Jehangir Shah, also confirmed the incident and the four casualties.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but Balochistan is rife with religious militancy and sectarian violence between majority Sunnis and minority Shia Muslims, and a regional separatist insurgency.

Hundreds of civilians have been killed since Baloch rebels rose up in 2004 against the federal government, demanding political autonomy and a greater share of profits from the oil, gas and mineral resources in the region.

Gunmen kill four Shias in Quetta | DAWN.COM

RIP to the victims of terrorism...

BLA turning the heat up. This killing has their hall mark.

Captain Jacksparrow, you forgot your Gang war era of 90's i think. In mumbai or Delhi, Chohta rajan VS dawood Ibrahim and daily killings and violence in the city.

So stop making this ridiculous comments every time

I strongly urge Moderators to move this piece of news in Terrorism related incidents thread and urge every "INDIANs" to post these kind of news there if you eyes and brains

Rest in Peace. Difficult times for everyone, but it's sad the anger is taken out on the Shia community.

BLA turning the heat up. This killing has their hall mark.

Captain Jacksparrow, you forgot your Gang war era of 90's i think. In mumbai or Delhi, Chohta rajan VS dawood Ibrahim and daily killings and violence in the city.

So stop making this ridiculous comments every time

I strongly urge Moderators to move this piece of news in Terrorism related incidents thread and urge every "INDIANs" to post these kind of news there if you eyes and brains

1. This thread is not about India.

2. There's a difference between gangwar, political gangwar and sectarian violence.

1. This thread is not about India.

2. There's a difference between gangwar, political gangwar and sectarian violence.

1. If it's not about india, then What are you doing here then? there is a phrase, "Minding you own businesses"

2. There is no difference. Motive behind this wars is only one. To destabilize and turn people against each othe

There is no difference. Motive behind this wars is only one. To destabilize and turn people against each othe

Yep agreed. Pakistan has a large Shia population, so if you make they're lives a hell, it's essentially playing with the delicate fabric of Pakistan's society. And, it could be very dangerous.

You're a nobody unworthy of the attention. :)

That looks like an oxymoron which actually means "you're everybody worth of attention" :rolleyes:

I do not think I have to explain my presence to you. You're a nobody unworthy of the attention. :)

Yup that's one point i agree to you. Since you remain too much in lime light and thats why got banned too frequently explains your presence here.

It has the LeJ/SSP signature all over.

R.I.P poor Shias.
Man! Quetta is a city of Balochistan, and SSp and LEJ only operates in Punjab... Almost Shia in Quetta belongs to Hazara community, and Bla consider them as their rivals.. We all Know U.S and indian agencies are supporting them, So you must feel shame on your agencey on targeting minorities of balochistan. RIP to the deads.

Yup that's one point i agree to you. Since you remain too much in lime light and thats why got banned too frequently explains your presence here.

In the words of 'Karan 1970', perils of posting on a Pakistani forum. :)

Sensationalist headline. There is no evidence they were Shia. They did not even mention the names of the people that got killed, one can get a pretty good idea by names if one is Shia or not.

It was 'probably' a sectarian killing as mentioned by the news report, but there is a good chance its not. The motive behind the firing incident could not be ascertained as yet. Could be the BLA terrrorists.

May the dead rest in peace. InshaAllah Pakistan will be able to get past these tough times in to a brighter future.

In the words of 'Karan 1970', perils of posting on a Pakistani forum. :)

Nah it's not peril, it's more like poking your nose in those matters which doesn't belong to you and then in the end "Naak Katwa ker hi sukoon ata hey"

Back
Top Bottom