What's new

Gulf Air diverted to India

What the hell

I had a flight from Bahrain to Lahore yesterday at 7pm. Later the weather was so severe that lightning and thunderstorm damaged te aircraft. The weather did not permit us to land at lahore so the flight was diverted to Delhi

We arrived here 12 hours ago and they did not allow us to come out of the aircraft for 12 hours, did not even offer a drink when I am feeling so thirsty and have been so ungrateful so far. FINALLY They allowed us to come out of the plane and are now in terminal building. No idea if anyone cares in Pakistan. The entire familiew suffering since yesterday and I received unlimited calls from unknown numbers to find out the state of beloved ones after my bro gave the number to one person. THIS is really unexpected and inappropriate. People are literally having issues breathig like this in closed aircraft and now since two minutes in this building

Aman ki asha btw next time you are in Delhi tag me

While nothing can be done for the delay, since it was purely based on technical grounds, but the airline should definitely liaise with the Airport staff and offer passengers snacks, water and any medical help if needed. Doesn't Gulf Air fly to Delhi? They must be having some ground staff there. It's just that you were unlucky and the plane ended up in Delhi.
It was A330, they should've had enough fuel to land in Karachi where weather was fine....i wonder what prompted them to go to the hostile territory and make life miserable for their Pakistani passengers.

What hostile territory Bahrain & India have very good relations & many Pakistanis visit India

We aren't hostile for the gulf airlines.:D

If you weren't, the passengers would be allowed to disembark, or given options like Gulf Air can accommodate them in hotels outside the airport, if the flight cannot make it back to Lahore in due time.

It's just like, if i am in Dubai for longer than 6 hours, i can get visa easily and go to a hotel, rather than waste time and get tired at the airport.

If you weren't, the passengers would be allowed to disembark, or given options like Gulf Air can accommodate them in hotels outside the airport, if the flight cannot make it back to Lahore in due time.

It's just like, if i am in Dubai for longer than 6 hours, i can get visa easily and go to a hotel, rather than waste time and get tired at the airport.
Sorry bro, no visa on arrival for Pakistanis. Delhi is not Dubai.

The Pakistani govt isn't respon.sible for this and it doesn't have any say either.

The airline is registered in Bahrain, it's solely the company's responsibility to cater to the passengers and alleviate their sufferings.

Sorry you had to go through all this, weather diversions can be awfully bad.

Isl and Pwr would have been the preferred alternates I guess, but the weather in both those places was also severe.

hindu authorities could supply 1/2 $ bottle inside the aircraft and charge it to passengers or airline... and let Passengers come out of the plane to terminal building... there are women and kids.
Whereas all Pakistan contributed to release low cast hindus from sea pirates

Last edited:
Any way welcome to India , if you have time you can check out the Delhi forts and all !

Maybe Airline did not want you guys to come out of the aircraft fearing that they may have to accommodate you overnight in one of those expensive hotels! Which airline was it btw? You may have an option of suing them for all the misery caused!

Sorry bro, no visa on arrival for Pakistanis. Delhi is not Dubai.
I'm not bro.... and neither any of passengers wanted to come to Dehli.
On many occasions bharti planes landed in Pakistan, we refueled, filled with food, and took good care of passengers.

Hostile as in, for the Passengers who are Pakistani.

I mean come on Don!! India is no hostile to those who aint have the option of Visa on Arrival. Man by your logic we are hostile even to Christmas Islanders.

Usman Bashir (@gripusa) | Twitter

Was allowed to disembark in 8 hours

Was give wifi

He needs to understand free airport wifi is for 2 hours . After that you pay or you request which he did and Delhi airport heeded to his request .

Then he says his kids are "infects" since they set food first in India than in Pak .

Also its funny and tragic that he could "plead" for wifi and not for medical attention for his sick kids . Which means either his kids are not sick or he does not care much about them except tweeting .

And most of his tweets reflect mismanagement by Gulf Air instead of Delhi Airport .

I'm not bro.... and neither any of passengers wanted to come to Dehli.
On many occasions bharti planes landed in Pakistan, we refueled, filled with food, and took good care of passengers.
Bro, you misunderstood me. The airport is of govt., but not airline. You was not traveling inAir India.

This is the responsibility of the carrier.

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () { // Check if the popup has been shown before if (!localStorage.getItem('youtubePopupShown')) { // Replace YOUR_VIDEO_ID with your actual YouTube video ID var youtubeURL = 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77WM3ujhvJ4'; // Open the YouTube video in a new popup window var width = 560; var height = 315; var left = (screen.width / 2) - (width / 2); var top = (screen.height / 2) - (height / 2); window.open(youtubeURL, 'YouTubeVideo', `width=${width},height=${height},top=${top},left=${left}`); // Set the flag in localStorage to indicate the popup has been shown localStorage.setItem('youtubePopupShown', 'true'); } });
Back
Top Bottom